NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Does no one imports 360 games here?

I imported the Aussie version of Guitar Hero 3 if that counts.

Right, quick n00b question here. I have just bought a 360 hard drive (used) and it says the capacity is 14GB :wtf: Is this the formatted capacity or is something weird going on?

Right, quick n00b question here. I have just bought a 360 hard drive (used) and it says the capacity is 14GB :wtf: Is this the formatted capacity or is something weird going on?

6 Gig I think is used for Xbox emulation, even if you dont want to play old Xbox games on it you cant remove that partition.

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up. I forgot I can play old xbox games now :D

Okay, signals and picture is really bad for my 360, what the heck has happened? Any ideas?

Okay, Ive turned it off and on and its fine now. Weird.

Did the picture have pink blocks?

Erm kinda, first of all on the matchmaking screen it just got some snow/interferance. Not much, then on the actual game it gradually deteriated, got really bitty, jaggy, there was a lot of pink bits, and generally just really bad (And I still owned up bitches...I was on Snowbound and due to the very poor visibility just rushed sticky nades' everytime and then run towards them and stick. Got 3 double kills that way. But yeah it was weird.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the pink blocks is a sign that the grafx chip is faulty or something. :S

Erm kinda, first of all on the matchmaking screen it just got some snow/interferance. Not much, then on the actual game it gradually deteriated, got really bitty, jaggy, there was a lot of pink bits, and generally just really bad (And I still owned up bitches...I was on Snowbound and due to the very poor visibility just rushed sticky nades' everytime and then run towards them and stick. Got 3 double kills that way. But yeah it was weird.

I've gone through 3 360's, my last one had that problem during crackdown. It was intermitent but i got it swapped anyways. I have a HDMI one now and i've not had a single problem with it *touches desk*

Congrats you have a broke GPU.

Ring MS.

Congrats you have a broke GPU.

Ring MS.

Nnnnnnooooo!!! Is it free to be replaced? (Had for just over a year)

Just say you have the RROD.

Sweet. If it does it again Ill get onto them. I have a half day tomorrow, sure be a bugger if it was fucked for that.

They can tell if it has or has not had the red rings of death cos they test it out, if you lie you are potentially gonna get fucked.

Looks to me like you are going to have to pay the 60 quid to get it fixed.

Just say you only get it sometimes, with the amount they back there hardly gonna ask questions.

Exactly, Ill just say it RRODs every so often, but then its fine for a few weeks.

if you lie you are potentially gonna get fucked.

Lol, what could they do?

Are all 360s destined to break? Is it some way MS made the hardware beacause I have never known such an unreliable console before =/

They can tell if it has or has not had the red rings of death cos they test it out, if you lie you are potentially gonna get fucked.

Looks to me like you are going to have to pay the 60 quid to get it fixed.

Or you could force it to RROD which apparently isn't that hard?

Are all 360s destined to break? Is it some way MS made the hardware beacause I have never known such an unreliable console before =/

Sticking in high proformance components, shitty fans and not enough cooling = fail.

They're correcting it... slowly.

If it hasn't got the new chipset you will be lucky to get 18month out of it.

If it hasn't got the new chipset your 360 will be lucky to get 18month out of it.

4 months left for me then ;_;.

I feel this is an apt time to lay down a reminder: every machine now carries a 3-year warranty.

It's very annoying when your 360 breaks, but at least you don't have to worry about paying to get it fixed for the foreseeable future.