NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Isn't a weak wireless connection still a lot faster than the majority of broadband connections?

I've never noticed any difference between speed of wired, wireless or weak wireless connections.

Isn't a weak wireless connection still a lot faster than the majority of broadband connections?

I've never noticed any difference between speed of wired, wireless or weak wireless connections.

Depends how weak, but yeah it should still be faster. The problem is stability.

Wireless networks don't really drop in speed, they drop in stability. The further you are from the wireless source the more pieces of information miss or are absorbed by walls, radiators, cabling etc. With real-time applications like movies, games, music etc. this is a large problem. You can't just resend data, because then it arrives late and in the wrong order. This is what causes lag spikes in games, and is also why wireless connections struggle to support video streaming.

The problem with Xbox Live is that it's dependant on every player in the game. If one person is having issues then everyone suffers...

I play MMORPGs with wireless ffs

Try playing a competitive FPS game, you'll be cursing it after a week.

I need a new 360 game, but I might just wait for GTAIV.

OH MY BALLS!

Level 5 on Rez is annoying, got sooooo close to the end and died, fuckers! no check point system is sad on that mammoth last level.

I'm on 802.11n it's zippy!

The 360 wireless adapter doesn't use 802.11n right?

Macbook mate ;)

Wireless is good enough these days, it's just it's a **** to set up right and costs loads. Plus the 360 and PS3 don't support N.

just to reiterate; shorty and dyson are currently singing sweet love tunes to each other over Forza motorsport. If you wish to hump Shorty audially, please, god, do it in the next two days.

Why in the next two days? I was planning to when I visited.

Also. When I get a 360 I will have to use wireless, seeing as im in student house with firedoors and the router is on the first floor. Aaaaah well.

Macbook mate ;)

Wireless is good enough these days, it's just it's a **** to set up right and costs loads. Plus the 360 and PS3 don't support N.

Thats was my point, didn't see it's relevence to the 360 thing is all. Looking forward to getting my Time Capsule in a couple weeks though :awesome:

I'm not saying wireless will completly substitute wired connections, but it's quite obvious they will evolve and get better. I just think that it's ridiculous that "next-gen high tech" consoles like 360 don't have wireless built in, it's a fucking hassle. It's also idiotic that the wii doesn't have ethernet.

just to reiterate; shorty and dyson are currently singing sweet love tunes to each other over Forza motorsport. If you wish to hump Shorty audially, please, god, do it in the next two days.

And awesome it was, too.

Why in the next two days? I was planning to when I visited.

Also. When I get a 360 I will have to use wireless, seeing as im in student house with firedoors and the router is on the first floor. Aaaaah well.

HomePlug, will cost you about the same as the wireless adaptor but it's much more reliable.

Isn't HomePlug PLC? Because that's kind of expensive, it needs to be installed in the electric system of your house and if it's old or in relatively bad shape, it'll create a lot interference with the signal.

It's basically the consumer version of PLC, it's been simplified so anyone can use it. Basically you buy 2 adaptors, one goes in one power socket, the other goes in another one and they create a wired network between them.

uk_socket.jpg

You can get a basic kit for around £50, and then each extra device is about another £25. They used to be really expensive, but now you can even get a pair of 200Mbps units for £90. Buying a couple myself next week, perfect for streaming HD Video from my PC to the TV in the living room!

I didn't know those things were so cheap. A friend of mine has one of those, but they suck and were expensive, but I suppose that was some time ago.

Nice! I'll have to look into it. The interference problem still stands, but that's what refunds are for :P

right played some of Lost Odyssey last night. Not as much as I like as friends came round so couldnt play RPG while they just watch. :)

I like what I see so far although I am not totally sure about the battle system. It is turn based but I can't seem to see if it is my turn to attack or CPU's etc in the middle of a battle. So I am just guessing when attacking or defending!

Story seems good so far and it has me interested. Graphics are nice and there is even some enemies from Blue Dragon in the game.

I can vouch for HomePlug, got it myself and it is sooo much better than the wireless connection I was using before!

Finished TMNT yesterday and despite playing it for the points I actually quite enjoyed it! Now I'm onto Virtua Tennis 3, it's awesome!

It's basically the consumer version of PLC, it's been simplified so anyone can use it. Basically you buy 2 adaptors, one goes in one power socket, the other goes in another one and they create a wired network between them.

uk_socket.jpg

You can get a basic kit for around £50, and then each extra device is about another £25. They used to be really expensive, but now you can even get a pair of 200Mbps units for £90. Buying a couple myself next week, perfect for streaming HD Video from my PC to the TV in the living room!

I'll admit, thats cheaper than I thought it would be but still...students.

Dunno whether this has been discussed before, but has anyone noticed the Katamari demo on live?

Does this mean it's getting a release here?!

Stupidly, on the UK marketplace only Silver users can see the demo. Gold members cannot.

The game is out 29th Feb by the way.

And awesome it was, too.

Well Im glad you had fun! I invited you to play halo 3 coop with me and discuss xpert machivellian tatics but noooooooooooo!

;)

Heads up for anyone else who bought the new GRAW 2 maps, the achievements have been fixed on it and they now unlock. If you already unlocked some of them while they were glitched then you have to get rid of them by deleting your profile and then recovering it again. Once that is done just unlock them again and they will appear on your gamerscore.

Stupidly, on the UK marketplace only Silver users can see the demo. Gold members cannot.

The game is out 29th Feb by the way.

WHat? That's ridiculous!

Thanks for halo 3 game cube and moria! Sorry I left my controller is sierously fucked up about every 5 seconds I had to reconnect it does anyone have any idea what the hell thats about? The battery level is only 1 from max.

Anyway my mum came back as well so had to go anyway sorry I sucked in game moria haha my controller was playing up but thats no excuse lol.