NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Yeah. It was fun listening to Don't stop me now while chainsawing people on Gears.

I did the media sharing thing with mine, as long as you have a PC with XP SP 2, XP Media Centre or Vista and it's on the same network as the 360 you're good to go.

Im not techinical minded at all. What you just said there went way over my head :)

I would put my own music on the 360 but I cant be bothered to download it all. The only music I have on the 360 is the Metal Gear main theme from MGS2 and 3 as I use it when im playing shooters like Halo, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon etc to add more epicness :)

Why not stream it from an MP3 player or external storage device?

So put your PC on a network or a portable HDD in the usb slot and play your own music instead :)

edit: ok gaggle, beat me to it why don't you. soz. fine.

Yeah media sharing rocks, especially now it does DivX. I can play all my .avi files!!!! Been watching Heroes season 2 all day and I've lined up 2 or 3 more series and a couple films to watch over the week on the lovely large uber TV in the living room!!

yeah it's pretty awesome. Although I get really pissed off with the wireless sometimes. Occasionally it just completely fails to find my PC, with no explanation, sometimes it can be fixed just be restarting the PC and the 360, other times nothing will save it. Add to that the recent iPod update has prevented it from appearing as a portable storage device in the 360 (on purpose, probably, apple are such fucktards like that), it can sometimes become a little annoying.

So put your PC on a network or a portable HDD in the usb slot and play your own music instead :)

edit: ok gaggle, beat me to it why don't you. soz. fine.

My apologies. I shall offer the sacrifice of a live goat or my first born son in penance, as is the tradition among our people. Your choice. :heh:

Basically, if your PC and your 360 share the same internet stuff (if you're on wireless and both your 360 and Pc use it for example) and you're on Windows XP or Vista, you can do it.

Basically, if your PC and your 360 share the same internet stuff (if you're on wireless and both your 360 and Pc use it for example) and you're on Windows XP or Vista, you can do it.

Ah I see. I never bother with this kind of stuff. I use my 360 for gaming and gaming alone and my PC for checking the net. I use my PS3 for both :)

HoT, it's so rediculously easy to share music to your 360, you just go into the library part of the options window in Windows Media Player, click on sharing and add your 360 to the list.

If you have an mp3 player (other than an iPod, at the moment) you can just plug it into the usb ports on the front of the 360 and play directly from there, you don't have to copy anything over to anywhere. Just go to the media blade on the 360 dashboard, then music, then portable device (This is also the same screen where you would select your computer if you set it to share). Hey presto, all your tunes. And they play in place of the game music automatically.

It doesn't support subtitles right? That's a pity...
I think it does with certain formats, I mean it has the option to turn subtitles on, if they're available. I doubt it works with most anime releases like you're prolly thinking of (eg, stuff in an .mkv container, no chance of that working).

Anyone got any 48 hour trial codes knocking around? Or anything that'll let me play on Live for a while? Pleeease? ._.

Aren't you new to 360? Don't they all come with a month's free Live as standard? Or did you pick yours up 2nd hand?

Nope, I made my gamertag ages ago on Xbox.com and retrieved it from the account, thus it didn't give me my free month. Brand new 360 btw, will call Microsoft about it tomorrow.

start a new gamertag, uv only got 160 points, easier to do a free trial, ull get that back up easy.

annnd media sharing is a beast, got all my downloaded films in a folder, so nice n easy to find em and watch em, better than dvds imo.

Hellfire here had 69 G at one point last night. It was epic :D

I am the definition of epic.

i want more pos rep. i've only ever played one sensible online sesh and that was the skate sesh with a couple dudes from here. sure it means nothing, really. doesnt make me cooler or anything. but having 4500+G and 3.25 stars makes it look like i just get rated like I'm a bastard or something.

Also I want the Sonic and Puzzle Fighter online achievements. anyone want a game with me on anything I own (check my gamercard link) between thurs and sunday? i'll use 2 of my free 48hr trials and get me some points on those 4 days.

why dont you work on your mass effect, kameo and rainbow 6 for achivements if you want your number to be higher

but having 4500+G.

What's wrong with that amount? You make me want to aim for the achievements.

Kameo is an easy 600+ points without doing all the A ranks and co-op achievements.

It's a good game aswell.

Ah I see. I never bother with this kind of stuff. I use my 360 for gaming and gaming alone and my PC for checking the net. I use my PS3 for both :)

I always found for me, music sharing was pointless, because the xbox is behind me (or would be if it was here..)

Streaming videos is mint though, being able to watch my videos while lying in bed.

Though it's a pain the videos have to be divx encoded, not all my .avi files can play.

Awesome, Lost Odyssey should be on its way to me. The Asian version is in full english and works on PAL machines, wooo! :D

Nice Dom.

Shame i'm ahead on Gamerscore! ;)

By like 7 or something...