NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

My 360 on 24" 1080p monitor looks lush!

Bah! I have to make do with 1080i on my 19" monitor.

I'm happy with 1080i on my 23" Samsung and unless I'm missing something, isn't 1080p only supposed to have any real increase in quality over 1080i if you have a larger TV? i.e 32" and above, otherwise they both look practically the same afaik. :blank:

720p is better than 1080i by a long shot. 1080i is simply 540p upscaled to fill the amount of lines it needs.

I'm happy with 1080i on my 23" Samsung and unless I'm missing something, isn't 1080p only supposed to have any real increase in quality over 1080i if you have a larger TV? i.e 32" and above, otherwise they both look practically the same afaik. :blank:

That is correct. 1080P is amazing though. I watched Spiderman 3 on Blu-Ray with 1080p yesterday and it looked excellent.

Still, 720P looks excellent as well!

I think the flaws are fundamental.

--The story wouldn't make it to a SF publisher's desk. The interns would throw it away.

-- The aesthetics are a dull collage of 30 years of mainstream sci-fi. There is better stuff on DeviantArt.

-- Characterization, dull dull dull. The scientist, Wrex and the general are exceptions.

-- The title music is good, I will give it that.

-- The hub plays like a boring, confusing Crackdown.

-- No incentives to level up, get new weapons (biggie).

Jade Empire and the KOTORs were different animals. They've forgotten the basics.

Give this sort of game to the Double Fines of this world and we might have had something special.

Bugger I thought this was gonna be at least as good if not better than KOTOR or even up there with deus ex what a dissapointment.

Oh well looks like im gonna buy oblivion to get my epicadventure fix.

Bugger I thought this was gonna be at least as good if not better than KOTOR or even up there with deus ex what a dissapointment.

Ignore him and buy the damn game.

I liked the story, the designs, characters, the hub and the levelling up system. The better weapons and weapon upgrades made a lot of difference.

The battle system may not be perfect, but I massively prefer it to turn-based systems.

The game has flaws, but I still loved it.

I may get round to continuing Oblivion sometime. Last time I played I just got bored.

Im sure (or at least I assumed) my TV is 720p, however it has an option (ala AV1, AV2, CMP etc) for HDMI. Whats that mean? (I know what it stands for, but in re to my TV)

Deux Ex is about three leagues up. ME can't even run with Fable or Oblivion (I love both). This will all be over when the publishers pay for some talent. Imagine someone like Alastair Reynolds writing a video game. Instead of this reworked Halo staff-writer crap.

It's a big game. It will be remembered for being big.

Anyway, traded for 20 cash (-10), bought Sega Rally and Dead Rising for 30 (+20) so by my math that's 40 for SR and DR overall. My COD game is better already.

And buy Oblivion. Or play Deus Ex again. I was giddy as a kiddy when I opened ME, and like Tycho, "I wish I'd had someone to adjust my expectations prior to their contact with some grim realities."

As much as i love Fable, Haver. Its got more in common with an on rails shooter like Lylat Wars than an actual RPG.

What don't understand is why Mass Effect haters keep quoting people who loved the game.

I don't think anyone particularly "hates" Mass Effect. Its just has mass flaws.

Yes.. BUT! Effect rhymes with Errect.

Imagine a Mass Errect. Thousands of pen... *stops himself mid sentence*

720p is better than 1080i by a long shot. 1080i is simply 540p upscaled to fill the amount of lines it needs.

I don't understand why 1080i looks a lot better to me then on the 360.

I changed it to 720 and played Halo online one night and it looked the same bar a tiny little bit fuzzy.

Maybe it's my glasses and I'm blinder than I though but...

ME can't even run with Fable or Oblivion (I love both).

I find that quite odd as the problems you listed for Mass Effect hold just as true for Oblivion. I'm not contesting your preference, simply drawing a parallel.

Mass Effect is just as broken and flawed as KoTOR, so if you could look past the deficiencies of the latter I think you should at least give Bioware's latest a try. They're very similar experiences, although ME doesn't have the crutch of the Star Wars universe.

-- Fable does its RPG bits better than ME does.

-- Tycho liked the game because he is a self-professed masochist.

-- Oblivion nails story, combat, upgrades, atmosphere, aesthetics. Has its flaws, of course, but you can't put that thing down. ME felt like a chore.

But you can like it if you want. I just think its crazy over-hyped and bad a lot of the time.

-- Fable does its RPG bits better than ME does.

Can't say I agree. However, I actually think both games would be much better if they stopped trying to be RPGs, or at least didn't try to cram traditional role-playing advancement into genres not befitting of them.

-- Oblivion nails story, combat, upgrades, atmosphere, aesthetics. Has its flaws, of course, but you can't put that thing down. ME felt like a chore.

The only way in which Oblivion nails story and aesthetics is in that it makes a bloody mess of things. Still, to each their own.

But you can like it if you want. I just think its crazy over-hyped and bad a lot of the time.

I do like Mass Effect. In fact 'like' is fairly bang on: it isn't amazing, certainly not a classic, but I've gained a reasonable amount of enjoyment from it despite it being a broken, half-hearted realisation of its original promise.

It's a pity that Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed weren't delayed to remove the "unfinished" feeling about them.

I do like Mass Effect. In fact 'like' is fairly bang on: it isn't amazing, certainly not a classic, but I've gained a reasonable amount of enjoyment from it despite it being a broken, half-hearted realisation of its original promise.

I would like Mass Effect if on the second run through you could change your character. Its stupid that in order to get the full experience you have to play it three times. Twice to get the achievements, like getting up to level 50 and again to try a different class.

I do like Mass Effect but stuff like this is just stupid.

Sadly I like it less because I expected more.

It's a pity that Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed weren't delayed to remove the "unfinished" feeling about them.

Yeah its a shame! Like I think Miyamoto said, "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."

The sequels should be markedly better.

Its always going to be down to personal preference. I can see Gaggle loves Mass Effect just like I love Assassin's Creed, I know it will amaze people but I'm still playing it and loving it.

I would definitely have played Mass Effect again but I want to keep my levels AND change class/background.

Achivement Unlocked: Make everyone with SDTV's jealous.: peace:

+10 e-peen.

Great, what's even better is it has my PC plugged in via DVI and Wii Via Component as well leaving a HDMI free for use with a PS3 if I ever get one.

Great, what's even better is it has my PC plugged in via DVI and Wii Via Component as well leaving a HDMI free for use with a PS3 if I ever get one.

Achivement Unlocked: Rub salt into wounds.