NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

How much was the VGA Cable? I'm interested in hooking mine up to my monitor if it'll give me a better picture quality.

Bah. My monitor doesn't have an input. I wish it did, it's bigger then my TV. oo

Ah, gameplay has the official for £15, i'm very interested. Apparently it has a 3.5mm converter for the Audio too, i presume that goes to the Line In on my soundcard?

Don't bother Ash it will give a stretched picture as Monitors don't support the 360 resolution.

AKA looks rubbish IMO.

well just cancelled my japanese pre-order of devil may cry 4. Game doesnt seem like it is all that good. The first 10 levels are Nero and the other 10 are as Dante. What is not cool is that Dante's levels are exactly the same as Neros just played in reverse order and this includes bosses just like when you switch characters on all other DMC games. So by the end of the game you have fought all the bosses at least twice.

So so playing as Dante is pretty much half assed.

Rather get Asian/English version of Lost Odyssey and Burnout Paradise instead.

Finally some fun driving the Mako. Shame it handles like a marshmellow!

I think I'll trade this for Sega Rally tomorrow.

Mass Effect hasn't raped my eyes since CoD4.

CoD4 and Oblivion on the go.

Heaven.

Finally some fun driving the Mako. Shame it handles like a marshmellow!

I think I'll trade this for Sega Rally tomorrow.

So you can spend an entire game controlling things that handle like marshmallows?

Before you trade it in, make sure your not missing stuff. I seem to remember some guy absolutely trashed Mass Effect in an online review, then later retracted it because he had forgotten to keep his skill points updated.

Are you remembering to do skill points, weapons, armors, upgrades, all that stuff?

Yes.

Anyway, I died so I had to go half an hour back! My COD game has gone to shit as well because I'm so pissed off about wasting £30 on this trash.

I've read it takes about ten hours until it gets good. I don't think I'm that much of a masochist.

From the AV: whole sections of the game do look like they came from the interns: the color-matching hacking puzzle, the half-hearted shooter action, all those mysterious, mysterious planets that turn out to be two valleys and a pile of junk, and the stupid ground vehicle that's as lethal as a Ford Taurus with a shotgun taped to the hood.

I don't know then. I loved the game personally, but to each there own. I can't help but feel you are missing something though.

Don't bother Ash it will give a stretched picture as Monitors don't support the 360 resolution.

AKA looks rubbish IMO.

Not true. If you have a decent monitor that supports 1.1 pixel mapping then all would be fine.

Looks like crap on a normal SD TV over a decent resolution on a 19" widescreen.

Yes.

Anyway, I died so I had to go half an hour back! My COD game has gone to shit as well because I'm so pissed off about wasting £30 on this trash.

Imo the key is to play it little and often for say 45 mins - 1 hour, also save often, you say you lost half an hour? that sucks but it's save anywhere so you could save every 10 - 15 mins or after every major / minor part that way you lose practically nothing. :smile:

Anyways each to their own, it's just a game I'm enjoying playing every now and then inbetween everything else.

...the stupid ground vehicle that's as lethal as a Ford Taurus with a shotgun taped to the hood.

There's a cannon mapped to RB. Just thought I'd mention it as the game doesn't.

Mass Effect is rather broken and underdeveloped in many ways, but for me it's greater than the sum of its parts.

AKA looks rubbish IMO.

Not true I got my 360 to output at monitors native resolution, 1280 by 1024 and it looked great. It depends on his monitor and I am pretty sure Microsoft updated the resolutions the 360 could output to at the last update. Well they definitely sorted out the black levels which made a massive difference. However my VGA cable broke and it was a 3rd party one so I would either go for the official one because it is the only shielded one that is at a decent price.

There's a cannon mapped to RB. Just thought I'd mention it as the game doesn't.

Mass Effect is rather broken and underdeveloped in many ways, but for me it's greater than the sum of its parts.

I agree, it's flawed diamond. I just can't wait for the rest of the trilogy now they've got all the basic nuts and bolts in place.

Well my monitor's a 19" widescreen, 1440*900.

I won't be buying it any time soon if i did anyway, trying my bes to not spend any money.

I think the flaws are fundamental.

--The story wouldn't make it to a SF publisher's desk. The interns would throw it away.

-- The aesthetics are a dull collage of 30 years of mainstream sci-fi. There is better stuff on DeviantArt.

-- Characterization, dull dull dull. The scientist, Wrex and the general are exceptions.

-- The title music is good, I will give it that.

-- The hub plays like a boring, confusing Crackdown.

-- No incentives to level up, get new weapons (biggie).

Jade Empire and the KOTORs were different animals. They've forgotten the basics.

Give this sort of game to the Double Fines of this world and we might have had something special.

I just decided to check my 360's repair status seing as it got sent off Wednesday. It has arrived at the repair place now at least.

Whereabouts is that exactly? I heard it was in Ireland..

Mine was sent to Germany. I doubt there's one in Ireland, as mine probably would have been sent there if there was. Either that or there is one and MS are idiots.:heh:

AKA looks rubbish IMO.

You mean the 360 doesn't support monitor resolutions ;)

I use my 360 on a 19" Samsund monitor, imo it looks fine. Not as good as a HDTV running games at 720p but not as bad as playing on my 14" CRT

My 360 on 24" 1080p monitor looks lush!

Achivement Unlocked: Make everyone with SDTV's jealous.: peace:

+10 e-peen.