NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

If I got my small TV down from upstairs, used that to get the update and went back to VGA would that work?

Yes that would work, annoying to have to do for every single Xbox game that you want to play nearly but yes it will work.

VGA just doesn't support below 60hz, because monitors generally don't run that low.

Yeah Ash is right in that it is a demo disk, its on this months OXM, they put the demos in cardboard sleeves now. It has Tenchu Z, Katamari, Forza 2 and Overlord on it aswell as loads of vids. I have the disc /mag but I never play on the demos as they usually are on Live plus you get that stupid OXM thing on your gamertag.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

VGA just doesn't support below 60hz, because monitors generally don't run that low.

I know but Conker is supposed to be 60hz I think.

I might do the TV thing if I only have to do it once.

Not now matey, they stopped that after people complained about it.

Good stuff, thanks for the heads up.

When do the big winter/Xmas bundles generally start coming on tap in stores?

I'm starting to feel like some kind of predatory consumer, stalking herds of 360s and their disk cubs across the vast grasslands of my local town centre. I'm just waiting, quiet, invisible to all, waiting for that perfect moment when an unlucky bundle strays to far from the herd, ready to pounce in an orgy of financial violence wreaked with deadly chip & pin plastic claws.

When do the big winter/Xmas bundles generally start coming on tap in stores?

I'm starting to feel like some kind of predatory consumer, stalking herds of 360s and their disk cubs across the vast grasslands of my local town centre. I'm just waiting, quiet, invisible to all, waiting for that perfect moment when an unlucky bundle strays to far from the herd, ready to pounce in an orgy of financial violence wreaked with deadly chip & pin plastic claws.

That was possibly the most disturbing post I've ever seen outside of 4chan.

Aww. Damnit.

I play my 360 on my monitor through VGA which is fine, usually. When I tried to play Halo 2 online however, I get a message saying that VGA is not supported by 50hz games. Funny, seeing as Halo2 should be 60hz too.

Turns out Halo 2 is 50hz but the menu that patches the online isn't so I can't go online. The fix would be to play the the 360 on a normal TV and to get the patch, which would be fine, if I didn't use ethernet. :(

I forgot about this problem until now, when I tried to play Conker and got the same problem but this time as soon as it boots. :(

If I got my small TV down from upstairs, used that to get the update and went back to VGA would that work?

Any ideas/solutions m8s?

I get that, just put your componenent in, download them and put VGA in

I get that, just put your componenent in, download them and put VGA in

Tried that. There doesn't seem to be any patch to download though. It works for Halo 2 as it downloads the patch.

Conker plays fine on my crappy TV but won't boot on my monitor. It seems to be a problem easily fixed but unless I'm missing something, there is no patch.

How do I check to see if I have the latest backwards compat update?

Got GHII today!

i want to get it , But i know i should wait for Rock band and Guitar hero 3 , wonder if ROCK BAND \m/ Guitar solo buttons work with Guitar hero 3 , if it does i want rock band first

FINALLY played the Stranglehold demo, my word thats another game i HAVE to get. Damn it!

Just got my 360 today and started it up.Got Gears of War,Phntasy Star Universe and Forza 2 for £290 :)

Hope to play you all online soon.You guys got any advice? And hope I get use to the controls soon >.<

Just got my 360 today and started it up.Got Gears of War,Phntasy Star Universe and Forza 2 for £290 :)

Hope to play you all online soon.You guys got any advice? And hope I get use to the controls soon >.<

Best advice I can give is to just enjoy your new machine. I love my Wii to bits but the 360 offers another style of gameplay, you will now see why the Wii60 combo is such a good one.

Just play it. Play the single player of Gears in Hardcore. (If I remember you get the Casual setting aswell)

Then play online. Otherwise you'll be like Nintenchris on Rainbow 6 Vegas. Hopping into the game with no armour.

Add me on Live!

I will as soon as I get this online,hopefully soon.

Best advice I can give is to just enjoy your new machine. I love my Wii to bits but the 360 offers another style of gameplay, you will now see why the Wii60 combo is such a good one.

Thanks a lot :) Hopefully see you online sometime.Can't wait to get into this

Just play it. Play the single player of Gears in Hardcore. (If I remember you get the Casual setting aswell)

Then play online. Otherwise you'll be like Nintenchris on Rainbow 6 Vegas. Hopping into the game with no armour.

Oh trust me I plan to.Don't wanna jump online with bugger all skills and experience or else I'll get mauled.

Hope to play you guys soon :D

Finally completed GoW on casual. Thing is though you gotta read the manual to pick up on that.

Awesome.

COD4 November 9th for us Europeans!

Isn't that the same date as Assassins Creed!?!

Thats crazy talk.

Edit; Thinking about it now, I think Assassins Creed is the 16th.

And a quick check on GameFAQs confirms.

But still, damn this Autumn is crowded.

Isn't that the same date as Assassins Creed!?!

Thats crazy talk.

Edit; Thinking about it now, I think Assassins Creed is the 16th.

And a quick check on GameFAQs confirms.

But still, damn this Autumn is crowded.

Quite. The list of games I intend to purchase this year is terrifying (for my wallet)

-Bioshock (24th Aug) ***

-Stranglehold (9th Sept) **

-Super Paper Mario (14th Sept) *

-Halo 3 (26th Sept) ***

-Half Life Orange Box (Oct 9th) **

-Naruto: Rise of a Ninja (19th Oct) *

-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (26th Oct) **

-Virtua Fighter 5 (Oct 30) *

-The Simpsons Game (Nov 2nd) **

-Mass Effect (16th Nov) ***

-Assassin's Creed (16th Nov) **

-Call of Duty 4 (Nov 9th) ***

-Super Mario Galaxy (Nov) ***

Those dates are guesswork.

When the game comes I will buy. No point in wondering what games I'll get then crying over how much I'lll spend. But looking at that list. You made me cry.

When the game comes I will buy. No point in wondering what games I'll get then crying over how much I'lll spend. But looking at that list. You made me cry.

That is true but if I work like that. I'll buy all the good games that come out first and not have enough money for the great games that come later in the year.

So, I played Aegis Wing for the first time last night, man is that game hard. I couldnt probably do alot better than I did if it wast for the stupid debris in teh background moving around and distracting me.