NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Alrighty then.

I think Bioshock is crossed off the list for me. I was never a fan of dark scary games. Hell, I crapped myself in Starfox Adventures on that fear test thing.

It may be like Dead Rising, £40 wasted so I might hold out for that.

i thought bioshock was pants to be honest, how OXM gave this 10/10 i dont know.

Visuals were decent, but not gears standard in my book. Why play this when you can play gears?

I had pre-ordered it, but im cancelling that order, wasnt impressed by the gameplay at all.

Its not about Visuals, it is about Art and design and from a Art standpoint, Bioshock is unparalleled.

Yes, I just played the demo. Opinions.

• Incredibly immersive from the word go
  • Controls and combat seem different, going to take some getting used to but when a shot connects, the feeling is very visceral and powerful
  • Art/Graphics are phenomenal
  • Sound design and atmosphere is terrifying
  • Much faster paced than I expected
  • Excellent interface
  • Very strong focus on exploration and guided freedom
  • Game of the Year CONFIRMED, Mass Effect has some near unbeatable competition

Also, the Splicers are mental. They mutter and shout all kinds of crazy, schizophrenic nonsense.

Started playing some Halo2again :D<3 Didn't loose a match. Man this game is good. I'm Gonna start playing often again.

Bioshock was better than I thought it would be. But I don't like the aiming.

What was up with the aiming, DiemetriX? It seemed normal enough to me.

I absolutely loved the demo. Everythnig about it. The atmosphere was wicked, the controls were awesome, the plasmid and weapon system was brilliant...I can't wait to get playing with some mroe plasmids. Although the one problem I had was, I couldn't work out how to get rid of those bloody drones when I set off the alarm. And I don't even know how I did it. But tha hacking into them was great. And I loved the woman cradling over the buggy, listening to her and watching the shadow...

I'm so pumped for this game now. Due to my LoveFilm subscription, this summer holiday I haven't yet finished Resi4. I need to get it finished before doing Bioshock, or I'm going to be completely torn over what to play :(

If Bioshock isn't game of the year, what the ****, whatever beats it is going to be really, really amazing. I'm actually looking forward to Bioshock more than Mario Galaxy right now, due to the demo.

*changes sig*

EDIT: Is the thing "weird" about the aiming an inverted Y-Axis? I usually have to change the settings in an FPS game to that, as it just feels more natural to me, and usually FPS demos are incredibly hard for me as this optino usally isn't in a demo. However, I just realised that I changed nothing in Bioshock and it felt completely natural. Is that it?

Can anyone do the hammer throw on Track and Feild. I just can't do it.

Wow, I just played the demo and I am definitely picking up Bioshock now! It reminded me a lot of Prey/Oblivion/Condemned.

I played it on a SDTV and it still looked absolutely wonderful especially the plane crash part!

I actually didn't find the game that scary at all, but from the last video after the demo was over, I was just amazed.

Can anyone do the hammer throw on Track and Feild. I just can't do it.

You think thats hard wait til you get to the High Jump. Best bet for the Hammer is to count 6 turns and watch for the hammer flashing red, soon as you see that then release.

Aww, I was looking forward to the skate demo. It was due tomorrow, wasn't it? Hopefully it is only delayed by a week.

Its not about Visuals, it is about Art and design and from a Art standpoint, Bioshock is unparalleled.

Yes, I just played the demo. Opinions.

• Incredibly immersive from the word go
  • Controls and combat seem different, going to take some getting used to but when a shot connects, the feeling is very visceral and powerful
  • Art/Graphics are phenomenal
  • Sound design and atmosphere is terrifying
  • Much faster paced than I expected
  • Excellent interface
  • Very strong focus on exploration and guided freedom
  • Game of the Year CONFIRMED, Mass Effect has some near unbeatable competition

Also, the Splicers are mental. They mutter and shout all kinds of crazy, schizophrenic nonsense.

Art/design/visuals/graphics = same thing.

I just wasnt impressed, especially as everyone is raving about it. Just didnt play well for me, plus the game was way to dark to see anything.

If you go up close to things in the environment, you can see that the graphics arnt that great at all. Try it.

and why does it ask you to adjust the brightness to almost so dark you can see anything? Is that to make up for the average graphics?

Plus, i dont like FPS. Its like your a floating camera with a gun sticking out of the front. When i look down, where are my legs?:confused:

if this is game of the year then the 360 is struggling. Mass effect will own this.

Major Nelson has put news up of two new pieces of content:

Beautiful Katamari Demo

Guitar Hero II content packs.

No idea what the songs are, MN is getting overloaded...

Can't wait for Katamari demo. Never played it but it looks immense. I hate it when the US gets demos we dont..>: |

What's this, Hexic 2 and Ecco the Dolphin on the Arcade?

(Is the xbox website down for anyone else? like can't sign in your gamercard shizzle.)

MGS4 on the 360 confirmed.

fafccaabiqd9.jpg

Can't wait for Katamari demo. Never played it but it looks immense. I hate it when the US gets demos we dont..>: |

What's this, Hexic 2 and Ecco the Dolphin on the Arcade?

(Is the xbox website down for anyone else? like can't sign in your gamercard shizzle.)

US Account. Do it. It takes like 4mins.

I just used Nintendo World Stores address from the website. Worked.

Is Katamari up now?

EDIT: Yes it is. US.

Lots of great demos at the moment.

Hope Katamari is still good! The original on the PS2 is bloody awesome! Wonder what the music is like in the new game, best be good!

US Account. Do it. It takes like 4mins.

I just used Nintendo World Stores address from the website. Worked.

I dunno. Can I make an account called say StefkovUS then download stuff. Then play/use the downloaded content on my normal tag?

I played and finished the Bioshock demo. It's pretty nice. Hadn't a clue what was going on at some points. Suddenly these flying robot guns attack me..ok. Destroyed them though. Much better playing it in the daytime :heh:

I dunno. Can I make an account called say StefkovUS then download stuff. Then play/use the downloaded content on my normal tag?

I played and finished the Bioshock demo. It's pretty nice. Hadn't a clue what was going on at some points. Suddenly these flying robot guns attack me..ok. Destroyed them though. Much better playing it in the daytime :heh:

Yes. 10char

Thankyou. I think I'll do it then. (Anyone link to how to do it? Wasn't there a post in this thread?)

PS: H-o-T I know you've got the hat achievement in Alien Hominid. If you remember, the rooster hat where you had to destry the behemoth building in 1-4, where is it, I've gone through the level twice and completed it without seeing the building. If you remember then thanks.

I also use my american account to play XBLA demos so they don't appear in my real gamertag, keeps things nice and tidy.

Thankyou. I think I'll do it then. (Anyone link to how to do it? Wasn't there a post in this thread?)

PS: H-o-T I know you've got the hat achievement in Alien Hominid. If you remember, the rooster hat where you had to destry the behemoth building in 1-4, where is it, I've gone through the level twice and completed it without seeing the building. If you remember then thanks.

You have to let the tank get blown up at the start and then blow up the buildings using grenades. Its right near the start of the level.