NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I'm still waiting in vain for Ikaruga to pop up, though I'm sorely tempted by Takeo's which is up on the private boards...

buy buy buy ;)

I saw a picture saying it was 221 cm tall. If that's true it's 7 foot. But thinking about it, that may be the ones in the stores.

Finally GRAW arrived from LoveFilm, and on the second mission I get stuck to a wall and the game won't let me come off it. When I pressed Y the exit cover icon pulsed but nothing happened.

Track and field FTMFW \m/

This Wednesday, you can log virtual track time and give your fingers and thumbs a workout with “Track & Field†from Konami. Originally released in 1983, Track & Field was an arcade smash. The updated version for Xbox LIVE Arcade features the same button mashing game mechanic as the original, and now allows for up to four player multiplayer competition on one Xbox 360 or over Xbox LIVE. The game will be available to download on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, August 8 beginning at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT).

Track & Field

400 Microsoft Points

ESRB Rating E (for Everyone)

On your mark! Get set! Go! The world title is on the line and you have to compete in 6 events to cement your legacy as a World Champion. Race in the 100 Meter Dash and 110 meter hurdles, test your skills with the Javelin and Hammer Throw, and hop to it with the Long Jump and High Jump. Global rankings will compare your skills to see where you truly rank in the world.

* Authentic original gameplay of the arcade classic

* Up to 4 player gameplay over Xbox LIVE Arcade

* Players can chose to play with either the authentic original graphics or the enhanced graphics including new sprite, backgrounds and special effects

* Original arcade split screen multiplayer allows up to 4 players to compete at once

* Xbox LIVE Versus Mode allows up to 4 players to compete online

* 12 achievements worth 200 gamer points"]

*Exercises his fingers* I need points ;-;

Thanks for that Arnold. I was talking to the lads at work last night about what would be on XBLA this week and I thought it would be this. Its definetly a purchase for me.

Track and field FTMFW \m/

*Exercises his fingers* I need points ;-;

Getting that, definately! : peace:

Finally GRAW arrived from LoveFilm, and on the second mission I get stuck to a wall and the game won't let me come off it. When I pressed Y the exit cover icon pulsed but nothing happened.

You tried pulling away the analogue stick from the wall?

I always did that.

You tried pulling away the analogue stick from the wall?

I always did that.

Yeah, I wasn't a problem with what I was doing. It wouldn't let me shuffle along or turn or shoot blind or anything. It just stuck there. I could move the camera and order my team around, but just couldnt move.

Anyway, other than that I'm finding it really good.

Was it a one off?

That's never happened to me except on Rainbow 6 Vegas online.

I just get stuck in some sort of rectangle.

I can move along a line and move a tiny bit forward and backward but cant move any other way.

Yeah, it was this kind of pillar in the middle of the ground, just couldn't get off it. When I restarted I just avoided that one particular place and it's been fine since.

Also:

Electronic Arts announced that its award-winning SKATE video game will ship to retail stores on September 12 in the U.S. and September 14 in Europe for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. The PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system version will ship to stores on September 24 in the U.S. and October 5 in Europe. For players eager to get their hands on the game pre-launch, EA will release a SKATE demo on Xbox Live Marketplace on August 15 so players can experience first-hand the title’s groundbreaking new gameplay style -- a new way of playing skateboarding games that will invigorate the genre.

The downloadable demo features tutorials and gameplay challenges in San Vanelona’s community center skatepark to introduce gamers to SKATE’s revolutionary Flickit controls. The demo also includes the innovative skate.reel feature where gamers can capture video footage of their skate session at any time during the demo and share the footage online at http://www.skate.ea.com for other players to view, rate and comment on.

In the game, everything you do works towards getting you coverage in two of skateboarding's premiere magazines -- Thrasher and The Skateboard Mag. Coverage also means sponsors, product, money and fame. Become a legend by getting the covers and you'll earn a coveted invitation to skate in the X Games -- the world’s top skateboarding competition. You’ll be able to throw down on the street course and go huge in the Skateboard Big Air event, innovated and dominated by two time gold medalist Danny Way.

SKATE recently received the “Best Sports Game of E3 - IGN Xbox 360” award at the E3 tradeshow in Santa Monica. SKATE was also one of only four games nominated for Best Sports game for the “Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2007”. The judges for this award included editors from the 36 leading videogame publications in the industry.

With innovative Flickit controls that take advantage of the dual analog sticks and the ability to sculpt tricks that define your own style, SKATE delivers an authentic boarding mecca like no other videogame. SKATE is developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, British Columbia and is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB and 12+ by PEGI.

Awesome! Glad theres a demo coming, because I'm still on the fence for this.

Yeah, it was this kind of pillar in the middle of the ground, just couldn't get off it. When I restarted I just avoided that one particular place and it's been fine since.

Also:

Awesome! Glad theres a demo coming, because I'm still on the fence for this.

Sounds great. Demo is a big plus.

I posted that a couple of pages back :P

Honestly from looking at the controlls and they way it works as someone who skateboards it seems like ti makes perfect sence, but i dont know if someone who has no idea about skateboarding would feel the same.

You can already get a 360 for £220. I've seen a fair few deals price them around that, will PM you + post here next time i see one

Still, the price drop is good news :)

You can already get a 360 for £220. I've seen a fair few deals price them around that, will PM you + post here next time i see one

Still, the price drop is good news :)

Woot woot!! Thanks man

Well I've seen pre-owned packages but dont really fancy them.

Even a small price drop is always helpful for near-future 360 adopters like myself.

Even a small price drop is always helpful for near-future 360 adopters like myself.

same here mate. But personally, I'm looking to get an Elite. Should be more reliable than premium consoles..

Price drop coming wednesday!!

You think us UK chaps will be geting the cut aswell? I have about £220 saved for one and I think that may be enough to get one!!

American price drop rumours have been floating around for a while and in the midst of it someone from Microsoft Europe stated out and out that Europe won't be getting one for a while.

American price drop rumours have been floating around for a while and in the midst of it someone from Microsoft Europe stated out and out that Europe won't be getting one for a while.

Its really pissing me off how Europeans are getting such a shit deal compared to our American cousins.....

Weee Finally bought some Points 2100..and I ahve no damend clue what to buy >> Bomberman is tempting, as well as a guitar hero pack (500 points is annyoing though) and Surprisingly Burnout revenge, always liked it, was a bit dissapointed that Dead rising wasn't in the 2 for 40 deal (Game) was wanting that as well =/