NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Warranty from Game (as I have to do a presentation on it...) on a 360:

2 Years £24

3 Years £35

Accidental and manufacturers (thats mispelt) damage.

If in the first year it has a man. fault then it can be swapped in the store.

If it has accidental damage or man. fault after the first year you ring up Alliance and Cornhill (stores will have the number if you lose it) and they send you the pre-paid packaging and you send it to them. Within 7 days it is returned. If they can fix it they will, if not they send a new one. Free of charge.

Free reward card, thats a whopping £3 saving! Reward card details need to be correct as A&C contact you using the details on your card.

You have thirty days after you buy a console to sign up, but have to do so by phone (presuming you didn't buy one in store).

You also have 45 days after purchasing the policy to cancel it if you change your mind and you will be refunded. Again the contact number is in the leaflets lying around at Game, or ask the staff.

Think that covers it.

Tellyn, the cheapest place I found for the Wireless bridge is Amazon. £55. Not a great saving but the best reliable site I found. I shoulda just got it in Gamestation when I bought the actual console, but had already ordered it :( SO no XBL til Wednesday for me :(

On a side note; Crackdown is f'ing awesome.

;417999]You have thirty days after you buy a console to sign up' date=' but have to do so by phone (presuming you didn't buy one in store). [/quote']

Wait, I bought mine in-store but do I still have to buy the warranty over the phone?

Tellyn, the cheapest place I found for the Wireless bridge is Amazon. £55. Not a great saving but the best reliable site I found. I shoulda just got it in Gamestation when I bought the actual console, but had already ordered it :( SO no XBL til Wednesday for me :(

On a side note; Crackdown is f'ing awesome.

Check Play.com, it's cheaper there.

I'll sell my Wireless bridge if anyone wants one?

How much for? I'm definitely interested if you can beat eBay prices. :heh:

Wait, I bought mine in-store but do I still have to buy the warranty over the phone?

No no thats only if you buy the console and don't sign up for it then, and later decide you do actually want it.

Man, some of the achievements in FEAR are impossible. Complete the game without dying. Win 1000 online ranked deathmatches. Damn.

How much for? I'm definitely interested if you can beat eBay prices. :heh:

£40 posted 1st class, it's been used for about 2 weeks.

;418201]No no thats only if you buy the console and don't sign up for it then' date=' and later decide you do actually want it.[/quote']

Ohkay, so I do have to buy over the phone now because I've already bought the console but haven't signed up for the extra warranty yet.

Man, some of the achievements in FEAR are impossible. Complete the game without dying. Win 1000 online ranked deathmatches. Damn.

Some games achievements are stupid as fuck, its true. Developers think we only play their game and make it rediculous sometimes.

Doesn't GRAW have a 'Be the best in the world' achievement??

Doesn't GRAW have a 'Be the best in the world' achievement??

It does indeed.

Ok someone clear this up for me....

People are saying VGA cable will look better on HD tv's rather than the components which come packaged with the 360.....

But am I right in saying the component outputs the higher resolution? Or is there something else?

VGA is worse, but it looks better.

Reason being it puts a slight blur over the picture but its so fine it takes jaggys away and smoothes everything down.

It also upscales DVD's.

VGA is the best, capable of 1080p and upscaling DVDs to 720p

It can look a bit worse on some TVs though, best to ask around to find out how it looks on you're TV

Thanks Caris & Switch

So you recommend I fork out another £20? Is it worth it?

And also on the 360 official website it says cabable of outputting 480p & 720p :/

;418029]But you still love me yes? :kiss:

Loved you more when you were called mary-kate' date=' mary-kate :P

Swear by Gamestation, SWEAR BY GAMESTATION!"

i ADORE Gamestation, they're like the topman of games, where as Game is more similar to the primark or tesco . . .

My lil 360 (lol) is packed up in my OBSCENELY heavy suitcase, ready to break my arm off, and if it wasnt for the Halo 3 beta or Oblivion it would've been staying. *sigh*

Thanks Caris & Switch

And also on the 360 official website it says cabable of outputting 480p & 720p :/

Mines through VGA and showing 720p i think and i loves it, but its the only way my TV could display HD so . . . i'm also thinking about giving it up so my mom can have a Mac Mini without a HUAGE CRT display. I'm a good son ya'see.

Thanks Caris & Switch

It depends. If you use you're 360 as a DVD player then its probably worth it, if not then i'd save the £20 and stick to the bundled component cables.

What TV are you using?

It depends. If you use you're 360 as a DVD player then its probably worth it, if not then i'd save the £20 and stick to the bundled component cables.

What TV are you using?

No I'm using an LG dvd player which I have connected with HDMI cables. So...

And I have this le26r74bdx.jpg

Thanks Caris & Switch

don't buy the offical VGA cable. you can get 3rd party VGA cables from http://www.play-asia.com for like £5 that provide the same quality.