NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Does anyone else not get the point of Boom Boom Rocket at all?

It's a dance mat game... without the dance mat....

You can use the colour face buttons as well, I think its guitar hero meets fantavision. Which in my book is an awesome combo!

Copied and pasted from Meaningless thread.

My little story from last night that probably no one will be interested in, but I'm telling you anyway. I enquired with my parents about opening a building society account so that I can save some money for a 360. Lo and behold I already have one. There was some left over money from something and they opened it a few years ago with Halifax. Interesting. I can deposit and withdraw as much as I want, and I haven't seen the catch yet. The amount in the account? 700 English pounds. Hello 360.

I haven't played games for a few days now. Might have to get back into Zelda while there aren't really any 360 games I want, or I'll get back into Guitar Hero again. Need to finish Dead Rising as well.

Same here, i finished the first act but i hated every second. It just felt like an 'enclosed' GRAW1 without a cross com.

Glad someone else agrees. I don't think I finished the first level. The last thing I remember from it was running out in the opne round some bend..I dont know what I got up to.

I loved it! The online co-op story mode is awesome and the Terrorist Hunts are a blast.

I tried online but I couldnt join any games, when I did I had to wait ages just for a match to end so I could start it. Didnt really like the look of it.

@ TellyN :gr8 m8, come join the fun.

Can't play Guitar Hero anymore. I totally lost what little skill I had and it feels like too much effort.

BTW Stefkov, shall we just say we'll play Crackdown if we're both on Live at the same time rather than plan to play? :D

Thats a better idea :p

I'm probably on most nights anyway.

Thats a better idea :p

I'm probably on most nights anyway.

OK then, I'll probably only be on to play Crackdown anyway.

Has Halo recently had an update that made it run at half the frame rate it normally does? Just played it and it was a shower of shit.

I've recently been questioning why I have an XBOX when I hate shooters...

OK then, I'll probably only be on to play Crackdown anyway.

Has Halo recently had an update that made it run at half the frame rate it normally does? Just played it and it was a shower of shit.

I've recently been questioning why I have an XBOX when I hate shooters...

There is alot more than shooters on the 360... Only downside is, bar Kameo is lacking any real adventure games.

There is alot more than shooters on the 360... Only downside is, bar Kameo is lacking any real adventure games.

Yeah, I know I was only joking. Looking forward to Blue Dragon or something like that coming out.

I wish there were more childish games in a way. I don't mean kids games, but more stuff like Viva Pinata, games like Ratchet and Clank or Super Mario. Get a bit sick of killing things after a while.

Only downside is, bar Kameo is lacking any real adventure games.

Yeah, they need more games like that, freaking awesome games is Kameo. I agree with ThatGuy though, 360 is a shooter/racer console at the moment.

I remember when I cancelled my original Xbox subscription and the yank who was taking my details asked me why I was getting rid of Live, I said because im getting rid of my Xbox because all that is on it are FPS and racing games. The yank on the phone went spare and was muttering on how thats what people want and these genres are the future of gaming...Muppet!

I wish there were more childish games in a way. I don't mean kids games, but more stuff like Viva Pinata, games like Ratchet and Clank or Super Mario. Get a bit sick of killing things after a while.

Couldnt agree more. I wouldnt use the word childish but rather colourful and fun. I cant wait for Blue Dragon on the 360 and Ratchet Clank on PS3.

Where is the cheapest place I can get a wireless bridge for the 360? I'm just working out the total I have to pay. I think I'll go with this pack though. I know I get a month free Live with the console, but do I get any with those games?

Where is the cheapest place I can get a wireless bridge for the 360? I'm just working out the total I have to pay. I think I'll go with this pack though. I know I get a month free Live with the console, but do I get any with those games?

You will probably get a free 48 hour Live code with at least one of those games. You should try Gamestation if there is one near you as they have some pretty sweet deals.

Yeah, they need more games like that, freaking awesome games is Kameo. I agree with ThatGuy though, 360 is a shooter/racer console at the moment.

I remember when I cancelled my original Xbox subscription and the yank who was taking my details asked me why I was getting rid of Live, I said because im getting rid of my Xbox because all that is on it are FPS and racing games. The yank on the phone went spare and was muttering on how thats what people want and these genres are the future of gaming...Muppet!

Couldnt agree more. I wouldnt use the word childish but rather colourful and fun. I cant wait for Blue Dragon on the 360 and Ratchet Clank on PS3.

Yeah not childish, I think you described it better.

You will probably get a free 48 hour Live code with at least one of those games. You should try Gamestation if there is one near you as they have some pretty sweet deals.

For the console or the wireless bridge?

I'd recommend checking out ebay before you buy from Play, I was looking at that same package but managed to bag a premium 360, 2 wireless controls and 9 games on ebay for £267! Also looking for a wireless adaptor but they are so expensive!

I'd recommend checking out ebay before you buy from Play, I was looking at that same package but managed to bag a premium 360, 2 wireless controls and 9 games on ebay for £267! Also looking for a wireless adaptor but they are so expensive!

Not allowed to get an eBay account. :( And yes, the wireless bridges are extremely expensive, but that's the only way I could put it online. My computer is nowhere near any TVs so I can't use ethernet.

Prefer Vegas over GRAW tbh. It's a different type of game, but man it's so fucking awesome. Best Next Gen Clancy game so far I'd say.

Don't buy from eBay, you won't get the full warranty which you probably want.

Something else I wanted to ask that you just reminded me of Moria, can I buy more years of the warranty after I've bought the console? Say, in about nine months when I'm reaching the end?

Thats a good question. My year warranty is nearly finished this month..

AFAIK you can extend the warranty whenever you like (within the first year) but its £80 for 2 years from Microsoft. Better to buy the console from somewhere like Game or Argos, they'll extend the warranty for about £30

BTW, have you considered any of these deals?

Gamestation:

Premium Console

Gears Of War

Crackdown

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

£299.99

Choices:

Premium Console

Gears Of War

Crackdown

PGR3

Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged

Extra Wireless Controller

£299.99

Amazon.de

Premium Console

£206.75 (import from Germany)

Blockbuster

Premium Console

WWE SMackdown vs RAW or Pro Evo 6

Crackdown

Gears Of War

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

Extra Wireless Controller

£319.99 (instore)

Might be worth popping into Game too, Guitar Hero II is £30 when bought with any 360 console bundle

The cheapest place for the Wireless adaptor is PC World, £50 collect at store (through their website). Same with the Live sub, £27.99 when bought with any game through their site (Kameo is £14.99 so you could get Sub + Kameo for £43, or basically Kameo for £3!)

CEX also do the Wireless Adapter at £35, but its second hand.

Shopto.net do Official Wireless pads for £19.99

Maybe we should have a sticky for 360 bundle deals + another for good deals on games?

What happens about returning a console?

Phone them up, they send you a box, put the console in the box, phone the couriers, they pick up the box, wait around 3 days and you get it back.

I think you have to buy it within the first month, but don't quote me on that.

Yeah you can do that if you buy from Game I believe, I'm buying two extra years warrenty this week.