NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I have added That Guy and Owen and have sent you both good feedback to get your Rep level up.

I tried N3 today and I really enjoyed it, I may pick it up come release day. It stinks that Madden, Dead Rising and Enchanted Arms all come out on the same day. Looks like an empty wallet this month again...

Lastly....WELCOME BACK TAKEO! Where you been?

Like omg this is awesomeness from microsoft

Talking on the eve of its Gamefest event in Seattle, Microsoft has revealed XNA Game Studio Express, a new product which will allow indie developers and students to develop simultaneously on Xbox 360 and PC, and share their games to others in a new Xbox 360 'Creators Club'.

The details of the new tech are as follows: XNA Game Studio Express will be available for free to anyone with a Windows XP-based PC, and will provide them with what's described as "Microsoft's next-generation platform for game development." In addition, by joining a "creators club" for an annual subscription fee of $99, users will be able to build, test and share their games on Xbox 360, as well as access a wealth of materials to help speed the game development progress.

In an official statement related to this major announcement, Microsoft suggested that the new product "...will democratize game development by delivering the necessary tools to hobbyists, students, indie developers and studios alike to help them bring their creative game ideas to life while nurturing game development talent, collaboration and sharing that will benefit the entire industry."

The games created with XNA Game Studio Express will not initially be available to regular Xbox 360 users, although there is hope that successful titles made with the package might go on to debut in enhanced form on the universal Xbox Live Arcade service, and a longer-term goal is to create a less restricted distribution market using Xbox Live. In the meantime, a second XNA toolset named Game Studio Professional, originally scheduled tentatively for an early 2006 release, is now due in spring 2007, and is intended to cater more directly to professionals aiming for Windows and XBLA game releases.

Microsoft has enlisted the help of several partners for this major announcement - indie publisher/developer GarageGames, technology provider and creator of Marble Blast Ultra, has migrated both its Torque Shader Engine and new Torque Game Builder 2-D visual game designer over to the XNA Game Studio Express platform, and Autodesk announced that game developers and enthusiasts can now more easily incorporate content into XNA Game Studio Express via Autodesk's FBX file exchange format.

In addition, more than 10 universities and their game development schools — including University of Southern California, Georgia Tech College of Computing and Southern Methodist University Guildhall — have already pledged to integrate console game development and XNA Game Studio Express into their curricula for the first time, and Xbox 360 will be the only console at the center of all coursework.

The XNA Game Studio Express beta will be available Aug. 30, 2006, as a free download on Windows XP, for development on the Windows XP platform. The final version of XNA Game Studio Express will be available this holiday season.

Microsoft's general manager of the Game Developer Group, Chris Satchell, commented on this major announcement: "By unlocking retail Xbox 360 consoles for community-created games, we are ushering in a new era of cross-platform games based on the XNA platform. We are looking forward to the day when all the resulting talent-sharing and creativity transforms into a thriving community of user-created games on Xbox 360."

It's not going to be for normal 360 users (i'm soon to be one of them :grin: )but ms said if it's popular they may consider it. Revo-euorpe the game is where it's at

link http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10458

How do i change my type so to speak? I'm on 'pro' but is it best to go for 'recreation' like most of you guys are?

I was on FNR3 yesterday and a bloke was thrashing me and shouting down my ear 'Your on the canvas, your sh*t' etc... i just took the headset off, lol.

Also how do you go into the area which is meant to be a 'swear-free' zone? (well supposadely). That way we can have a good game without the bad words.

On Call of Duty 2, no-one really swears, everyone seems quite pleasent on there!

I won my first game! I totally thrashed someone at Rockstars Table Tennis and the bloke said 'good-shot' etc.. which was nice.

How do i change my type so to speak? I'm on 'pro' but is it best to go for 'recreation' like most of you guys are?

I was on FNR3 yesterday and a bloke was thrashing me and shouting down my ear 'Your on the canvas, your sh*t' etc... i just took the headset off, lol.

Also how do you go into the area which is meant to be a 'swear-free' zone? (well supposadely). That way we can have a good game without the bad words.

On Call of Duty 2, no-one really swears, everyone seems quite pleasent on there!

I won my first game! I totally thrashed someone at Rockstars Table Tennis and the bloke said 'good-shot' etc.. which was nice.

The zone your in makes no change to anythign tbh, it just lets people know how you like to play, some games may use it for matchmaking to match you to similar minded gamers but that aint no gurantee. And Swear Free Zone? Good luck on finding that.

The zone your in makes no change to anythign tbh, it just lets people know how you like to play, some games may use it for matchmaking to match you to similar minded gamers but that aint no gurantee. And Swear Free Zone? Good luck on finding that.

Oh right! Thanks!

Yeah i thought a swear-free zone was too good to be true....i swear alot to be honest but i wouldn't on a thing like Xbox-live were little kids may be and you don't personally know the people your playing against.

I certainly would never take the mick or swear at a person on Xbox-live, but hey! thats just me!

http://www.xbox.com >>>> manage profile >>>>>>> edit gamer profile

im so pissed off, 2 copys of call of duty have broke, both hav got a tiny crack in the centre, and its also happened to one of my mates copys. Why are their disc's so shite?

i've been off getting drunk, playing my new SNES, waiting for bloody burnout!!! grrrr

anywho i need to get to 1000 by wednesday like i said so the next couple games are gunna be fun :D

anyone else for games on RR6, DOA 4, Table Tennis, BFME 2 or Burnout? just add me, im on the 360 like 24/7 usually :P

Thankyou!

I'll probably go for recreation now, it's just about having fun, right?! :D

does the gamerzone thing have any realy effect on matchmaking excluding the Family one?

i think its just a way of telling people what type or gamer you are really. . .

o oo o oooo o o o oo i am loving the little improvements to these boards! very swish lol

im so pissed off, 2 copys of call of duty have broke, both hav got a tiny crack in the centre, and its also happened to one of my mates copys. Why are their disc's so shite?

There was something in MCV about that a few weeks ago, some indie shops were complaining the discs are really brittle. Microsoft said to contact them if it happens.

I had a Fifa:RTFWC disk crack remember? i think its the same thing

I certainly would never take the mick or swear at a person on Xbox-live, but hey! thats just me!

I never swear at people, but if they've been cheating/swearing I'll take the mick out of them. :)

UPS should be coming sometime today to pick up my 360...

I never swear at people, but if they've been cheating/swearing I'll take the mick out of them. :)

UPS should be coming sometime today to pick up my 360...

Mines just busted i think! lol

I was playing COD2 and 3 red lights came on and it shut-off! Turned it back on and it works...but i don't know where-ever to send it back anyway! I'm not taking any-chances!

Will i lose my live points, gamertag etc...if i send the 360 back? and do you think they will want the hard-drive again? (therefore losing my gamertag?)

(All my game-saves are on memory card this time! thank-god)

Oh Microsoft...this problem is very common now isn't it?

Mines just busted i think! lol

I was playing COD2 and 3 red lights came on and it shut-off! Turned it back on and it works...but i don't know where-ever to send it back anyway! I'm not taking any-chances!

Will i lose my live points, gamertag etc...if i send the 360 back? and do you think they will want the hard-drive again? (therefore losing my gamertag?)

(All my game-saves are on memory card this time! thank-god)

Oh Microsoft...this problem is very common now isn't it?

i had the 3 lights, then it worked once i turned it back on, that was 3 months ago and my 360's still goin strong. Dont worry about it... yet.

Hopefully I should get my Xbox back tomorrow or Wednesday. I crave the Dead Rising demo.

Hopefully I should get my Xbox back tomorrow or Wednesday. I crave the Dead Rising demo.

How long has yours took? Normally about 4-5 days isn't it?

Mine broke again, so my mum nicely spoke to a support person (who was trying to catch us out, strangely) and now we are being sent a email with the label in it!

Hopefully the next one will be OK! So i can play Saints Row, Dead Rising, Test Drive without any problems! Can't wait for those games!

Thankfully i didn't have to send the 360 hard-drive back resulting in my losing my gamertag and points (i am right in saying that?).

Oh, forgot. She said something about it being too late in the day to do the label? So it will be done tomorrow! Anyone know how long it will take till i get it?

Thanks! :)

Thankfully i didn't have to send the 360 hard-drive back resulting in my losing my gamertag and points (i am right in saying that?).

Dont think so mate, I'm sure there svaed on MS severs, cause you can still see your gamertag when you 360 isnt even plugged in.

Dont think so mate, I'm sure there svaed on MS severs, cause you can still see your gamertag when you 360 isnt even plugged in.

Oh thats good!

ARGH! I'm so dissapointed, i was loving Xbox Live!

How long till the next one breaks? taken bets now 2/1! :D

Here is my broke-Xbox timetable.

Monday night 8pm: Rang MS. I talk to an Indian woman on the phone, who I struggle to understand. She informs me she will send an email with a UPS label and phone number details. She also says I will need to package my 360 in a box that I provide.

Monday night 9pm: I search the house for a large enough box. I eventually find an old crisp box (living in a pub has it's benefits). I stuff it with newspaper and my Dead-Box.

Tuesday night: Email recieved saying they had "recieved my request". Well, that's just lovely.

Wednesday night: Email recieved with shipping label and UPS details. Too late to ring them, mind.

Thursday morning: Rang UPS, pickup arranged for Friday morning.

Friday morning: UPS pick the fucker up. The driver was very hairy.

Weekend: I develop a cold. I start to feel really shitty on Sunday night. This has nothing to do with the Xbox, I just thought i'd throw that in there.

Monday afternoon: Email recieved saying MS has recieved the console.

Probably Wednesday: I recieve my new console and sample the delights of Dead Rising. I'm also able to snipe The3rdChildren in the head once more.

Probably Thursday: My Xbox breaks and I go through this horrible delayed ordeal yet again.

It certainly hasn't been as painless as some people's experiences will have you believe. I thought they sent you a box, I guess that's changed. Either that or the Indian woman didn't know diddly squat. I also probably would've gained a couple of days by just ringing MS first thing Monday morning, but there you go. C'est la vie.

Also: gamertag, gamerscore etc are not stored on your hard drive so you don't need to worry about that. Paid downloads are associated with your gamertag so you don't need to worry about paying for those again, either.

Here is my broke-Xbox timetable.

Monday night 8pm: Rang MS. I talk to an Indian woman on the phone, who I struggle to understand. She informs me she will send an email with a UPS label and phone number details. She also says I will need to package my 360 in a box that I provide.

Monday night 9pm: I search the house for a large enough box. I eventually find an old crisp box (living in a pub has it's benefits). I stuff it with newspaper and my Dead-Box.

Tuesday night: Email recieved saying they had "recieved my request". Well, that's just lovely.

Wednesday night: Email recieved with shipping label and UPS details. Too late to ring them, mind.

Thursday morning: Rang UPS, pickup arranged for Friday morning.

Friday morning: UPS pick the fucker up. The driver was very hairy.

Weekend: I develop a cold. I start to feel really shitty on Sunday night. This has nothing to do with the Xbox, I just thought i'd throw that in there.

Monday afternoon: Email recieved saying MS has recieved the console.

Probably Wednesday: I recieve my new console and sample the delights of Dead Rising. I'm also able to snipe The3rdChildren in the head once more.

Probably Thursday: My Xbox breaks and I go through this horrible delayed ordeal yet again.

It certainly hasn't been as painless as some people's experiences will have you believe. I thought they sent you a box, I guess that's changed. Either that or the Indian woman didn't know diddly squat. I also probably would've gained a couple of days by just ringing MS first thing Monday morning, but there you go. C'est la vie.

Also: gamertag, gamerscore etc are not stored on your hard drive so you don't need to worry about that. Paid downloads are associated with your gamertag so you don't need to worry about paying for those again, either.

The mistake you made was getting the label via email, if you'd just asked them to send you the box and label you would have got it by wednesday, or earlier, and could have arranged pick up for thursday at the latest and had it back by today, if not last friday.

You'll probably get it back tomorrow rather than wednesday, I've always recieved mine back the day after they email me saying they've recieved the old one.