Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A New Chapter in the “Halo” Franchise, “Halo Wars,” Available at U.S. Retailers on March 3

Get suited up and ready for deployment! On March 3, “Halo Wars,” the action-based strategy game set in the iconic “Halo” universe and created exclusively for Xbox 360, will be available in stores nationwide. Internationally, “Halo Wars” will be available on the following dates:

* Japan and Asia Pacific: Feb. 26

* EMEA: Feb. 27

* Americas (US, Canada, Mexico and South America): March 3

Pre-orders for “Halo Wars” are taking place at participating retailers nationwide now. Fans who pre-order will receive an exclusive in-game Warthog with flame decals. The Limited Collector’s Edition is also available and includes a special in-game “Honor Guard” Wraith, a graphic novel, six Leader cards and a “Spirit of Fire” patch. As an additional exclusive, LCE owners will get early access to the in-game “Halo 3” Mythic Map Pack for exciting new multiplayer action.

The Limited Collector’s Edition retails for an estimated retail price of $79.99, while the standard edition is available at $59.99. A first for a “Halo” franchise game, “Halo Wars” is rated “T” for Teen.

Collector's Edition Extras

• Three New “Halo 3” Multiplayer Maps – Be one of the first to experience the Mythic Map Pack* which includes three new maps, “Assembly,” “Orbital” and “Sandbox”

• Halo Wars: Genesis – a beautiful graphic novel by Phil Noto chronicling the first military campaign against the Covenant. The novel centers around the Sprit of Fire on a mission to discover why the Covenant are so interested in the world of Harvest

• Unique In-game Vehicle – “Honor Guard” Wraith

• Six Leader Cards – Leaders possess elite skills which can turn the tides of battle

• Spirit of Fire Patch – Start the journey as an official Spirit of Fire crew member

More information on “Halo Wars” can be found online at http://www.Xbox.com/HaloWars or http://www.HaloWars.com.

I doubt there will be a demo, the only thing I reckon a demo would is harm sales. I know it sad but I'm buying it because its a Halo game, it isn't the only reason, Ensemble make great games and hopefully this will be a swan song of sorts for them.

Yeah the EDGE previews havn't been the greatest but I'll still looking forward to do it. I can see it being the best RTS on any console but I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm looking into changing my connection to xbox live to wired rather than wireless.

Anyone know of any good long ethernet cables that i can buy that would work well with the 360? Or do they all work bout the same?

ALso does it need to be a 'straight' or 'crossover' cable?

I just use a normal 30m cable and I have never had any problems with it at all. Just go into any PC/electronics store and they should be able to hook you up.

I just use a normal 30m cable and I have never had any problems with it at all. Just go into any PC/electronics store and they should be able to hook you up.

Nice one.

I haven't been able to be constantly hooked up to Live myself yet because the supplied cable isn't quite long enough , so it's a pain and my Wii experience tells me that going wireless isn't ideal , and with the cost of the 360 adapter thing anyway , a longer ethernet cable should work out a lot cheaper.

Fucking hell. How tight. How much is that in £ then? Iv got no idea haha

It converts to about £6.80.

EDIT: Just had a thought. The gamertag u made, are u online with it (silver or gold membership)? If your not i don't think it costs as when u register for xbox live u can change it anyway.

It converts to about £6.80.

EDIT: Just had a thought. The gamertag u made, are u online with it (silver or gold membership)? If your not i don't think it costs as when u register for xbox live u can change it anyway.

Iv not been online with it so im guessing silver. How do i change it?

No, you're only on Silver/Gold once you connect to LIVE for the first time. At the moment you don't have a subscription, interesting. You may be able to change it once you connect to XBL.

Yer that should be the case coz when i first got my 360 i just called myself 'Mike' on it but when connecting to live i got to change it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!