NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

IMG_20120609_163809.jpg

Chrome controller arrived yesterday. The twist D-pad is a lot nicer than the old one. Not sure about the new sticks though, they don't seem to grip as well as my old controller.

As a bit of a heads up for those going for the 4200 points offer, don't be surprised if they take a week or so to arrive. The Microsoft Store was very tardy last time there was a similar deal, although obviously it's still worth it if you aren't in a rush.

I really need to go hands on with one of those new controllers, see if they suffer from the same design flaw as older models. It's not an issue for every game but I've had about eight 360 controllers over the years and they all developed the same annoyance, a looseness to the analogue sticks that meant they didn't recentre properly; I call it a design flaw as each one first developed such behaviour on the left stick, with a lilt to the left. I've bought a Razer Onza which does sidestep the issue, but it isn't as good an all-purpose controller as the standard model as it's really designed for shooters.

I've had 2 standard controllers where the left analogue stick has left me floating backwards occasionally. I've had the new style silver controller since the day it came out and it hasn't developed the same problem. I greatly prefer the bordered edge on the sticks and it doesn't wear down nearly as quickly. Also the D-Pad is an improvement. But it still sucks.

I did order those 4200 points from MS in the deal, hoping they show up while Borderlands DLC is still on offer but I guess that's not too likely :/

Edited by Shorty

Well I ordered mine on the 1st, order status is still "in progress".

Anyone else get an update today? I tried to load up a game and I then got disconnected as if it was a game update but it turned out to be something much bigger as my Xbox reset and now it's downloading again as if it were a big dashboard update.

I just wondered if anyone else had this recently as I'm sure we aren't scheduled an update until Winter I thought?

Anyone else get an update today? I tried to load up a game and I then got disconnected as if it was a game update but it turned out to be something much bigger as my Xbox reset and now it's downloading again as if it were a big dashboard update.

I just wondered if anyone else had this recently as I'm sure we aren't scheduled an update until Winter I thought?

I just checked and I got nothing.

But now that made me play for 30 minutes instead of studying for my exam.

It's an update for the Bing search. Not sure what exactly.

Ah that would explain it... oh well it's at least good to know why MS decided to waste my - and everyone elses - time with an update, granted the added voice search functionality or whatever it is will be useful I guess but not when I can find things faster myself with the controller. ;)

Still... I'm sure it'll be more useful once they add in internet browser functionality.

GoD sale starting soon.

Just seen this on Major Nelson, looks like xbox.com is having a ridiculous sale on Games On Demand starting from the 19th June.

This is the entire list that was listed aimed at USA only but the deal applies if that game is available in our region (i.e; UK) - $4.99 is basically 400 points, so all these games will be 400 points each on the 19th June for a full week:

Bionic Commando

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II

Bolt

Bomberman Act: Zero

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

Conan

Dark Void

FaceBreaker

Kameo

Meet the Robinsons

Open Season

Perfect Dark Zero

Prince of Persia

Rockstar Table Tennis

SEGA Superstars Tennis

Surf’s Up

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Tornado Outbreak

Virtua Tennis 2009

Viva Pinata Party Animals

Everyone should buy Kameo at that price. Not a great list by any means but I may give Bionic Commando a shot for 400 points.

Wow! Is Viva Pinata Party Animal worth anything?

I didn't really like Kameo that much but maybe it's because it just didn't hold up to newer games.

Nah, Viva Party is pretty poor. It's not a patch on the proper games. All it is a mini game collection and a pretty pants one at that.

Sorry for off-topic, but I've wondered why this topic always have two extra pages and why you can't go to "first unread" here? Isn't it possible to fix that?

Sorry for off-topic, but I've wondered why this topic always have two extra pages and why you can't go to "first unread" here? Isn't it possible to fix that?

"First Unread" works for me.

The two extra pages is due to a rather old indexing error which happened to some long threads ages ago.

Just run a quick fix process, that made any difference to the two extra page bug?

Just run a quick fix process, that made any difference to the two extra page bug?

Indeed it did! :bouncy:

Was hoping Eternal Sonata would be on sale :(

Got an email about the Microsoft Points, order status says it's been delivered so I'll find out when I get home.

Heads-up for Android users, the Xbox Live app has arrived:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.xle

It actually works pretty well, and is pretty smooth. Looking at achievements/comparing games is pretty easy and editing you avatar is actually much quicker than on the Xbox itself.

Yeah very impressed with the latest version on the iPhone too. Controlling the media players and launching things from the quick play list using my phone is sweet. Wasn't expecting these features so soon after the E3 mention.

That isn't on the Android Xbox Live app, but I have controlled my PS3 from my phone a couple of times.

Whew. Took a break from studying today to check out the free Live weekend on the Xbox. Got a total of 19 achievements in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Soul Calibur V. Had a jolly good time on both of them bar a couple of things:

MvsC: Totally frustrating battling against people who spam the same (long ranged) attack again and again. It's not really fun to play online as people are a bunch of cheaters. Meh. I wish points were taken from them like in SSBMelee (Stale moves, - 2000). After a couple of hours I had a terrible 3 wins and 17 losses, some losses because of this. :/

In SCV, however, I only experienced one cheater; he left the game just when I was about to put in the killing blow. Otherwise, I had quite a few connection fails which would quit the battle.

I like these weekends with free Live. :)

And it's back! Fixed it for a time though...

Points arrived today. At least they arrived fairly fast after they shipped.