NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

The recommendations on the home tab certainly seem to reflect games I've played/got achievements in, but go to 'browse games' then the arcade tab and the recommendations there are based on demo versions. Logically, though, this may be because the demo is the game just without full access -- but still, I definitely don't have achievements for the linked games.

The home-tab recommendations suggest I purchase FEAR 2, King Kong, Metro 2033, Dead Space [even though I've already completed it :P], Bionic Commando, Enslaved, Deathsmiles, Alice: Madness Returns. I'm genuinely interested in a couple of those anyway.

Plus it seems the downloadable game prices are getting to be much more reasonable. I'll have to see how much Metro 2033 retails for in CEX when I get home, but £5.49 via the dash? Not bad.

Enslaved seemed good from the demo and got positive feedback, worth picking up if you can find it cheap somewhere.

Bionic Commando (the full game, not arcade) was awful though, rented it and couldn't give it more than 30 minutes.

I highly recommend Enslaved. I thought the story was fantastic and the relationship that builds between the two main characters was great.

Still no dashboard update for me yet and from the sounds of it that's a good thing.

No dash update yet, but i havn't turned the XB on for 2 days so who knows.

No dash update yet, but i havn't turned the XB on for 2 days so who knows.

Yeah I've not received the Wii update that came out last year for similar reasons! Doesn't tell you much though does it :laughing:

Sooo Smartglass... Does it only work on Windows Phones/Tablets? Can't see any mention of Android/IOS in Microsoft's spam emails, or am I now a blind cave salamander?

Using IE on the 360 takes me back to using Dream key on the Dreamcast.

No, it should work on any tablet and phone. I am, however, worried that it will only be (fully) available to Gold members.

I can't, however, find any English source for it at this point.

Sooo Smartglass... Does it only work on Windows Phones/Tablets? Can't see any mention of Android/IOS in Microsoft's spam emails, or am I now a blind cave salamander?

It's out on Android/iOS early next year.

Ah cool, double checked the website and they only mention Windows devices. Not planning on renewing my Gold subscription when it runs out in November though and the Wii U might have Nintendo TVii before the time the Android app is out.

Edited by Ike

I only got the new update yesterday and I actually think it's ok. It feels a little faster after you've been on it for a while, IE10 is actually nice controlled by a pad (except the keyboard), pinning games and apps is handy and, most importantly, they've brought back a dedicated Arcade section.

The negatives really are that 75% of the screen real-estate feels like ads to me, there's a debate online as to what constitutes an advert - some people saying only the ones with "advertisement" written beneath are ads. I think that's BS, anything that highlights something I don't own yet, in big fancy graphics with a tagline, designed to make me click through and then purchase, is an ad.

One day soon, I'll get tired of achievements, the Halo and Gears franchise wells will have dried up and that'll be it, I'll make the transition to PS3. Or maybe even Wii U! ha

the Wii U might have it before the time the Android app is out.

The Wii U might have what?

I've now come into borrowed possession of several games;

N3, Rage, metro 2033, darkness 2, mass effect, battlefield bad company 2, lollipop chainsaw (fuck yeah) AND dishonoured (!!!) - I'm most-way through Darkness 2, then I gotta flash through ME to get my char ready for ME2/3... I went from a couple of evenings with nothing to play and BLAMMO! Now I got loads of single player funz to supplement my co-op borderlandsing.

One day soon, I'll get tired of achievements, the Halo and Gears franchise wells will have dried up and that'll be it, I'll make the transition to PS3. Or maybe even Wii U! ha

But you'll never be able to give up Fable!

I don't care about Halo, GoW or Fable, but the 360 is still my platform of choice for multiplatform games. Although PC may replace that for now (due to using a 360 controller with my PC).

But you'll never be able to give up Fable!

I did about 30 seconds into Fable III :(

That means you've missed out on Heroes and The Journey!

I hear those are the best ones.

I guess they pretty much have to be better than Fable 3...

Fable 3 was alright, just like Fable games are always just alright (we don't speak of the spin-offs). Somehow it never manages to be very good and I'm always left feeling disappointed.

If Fable was a color, it'd be beige.

Fable III is a good game, there are many things that are different about it compared to the original and II. But it is a damn sight better than The Journey and Heroes thats for sure.

Now that Molyneux has left, maybe we'll get a game that isn't overrly hypped and turns out to be good instead.

Remember when people didn't care about a console's user interface?

It used to be about the games, man!

They built that quickly - a few days ago they said it would be 2013.

This actually seems to work pretty well. I'm testing it out on Internet Explorer now and movements are pretty instantaneous.

Plus SwiftKey X is a much better text input than the 360 controller.

Edited by Cube

Tried to use it on my Galaxy Tab 2 but got an error message saying they only supported smart phones for now.

Threw it on my Nexus S and it worked fine. When it works it pretty quick, but it was lagging a lot for me but that just might be my network setup.

It stopped working immediately after I loaded a page in IE though, and I got randomly disconnected a couple of times.

Need to test it out some more but it's pretty cool. It's faster to navigate with a controller but it's better in IE (that is if it doesn't stop working ;)).

The iOS SmartGlass app is up, replacing the Xbox app so you just need to update that one