N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

There is a point in this season where she knows she's pregnant. Only after she forgets (or thinks that she isn't) does the Doctor's scan goes weird. This is where I think she gets nabbed.

It was in the first episode near the end, just before she shoots the girl in the suit that she told the Doctor she is pregnant, he hadn't scanned her before hand i think.

So yeah i would agree with Happenstance at this point and it does seem to suggest it is in that 3 months she is running after shooting the girl in the suit despite my eariler theory to do with The Lodger episode.

It happened after last season. As for a point in the season finale everything outside the Earth was completely utterly destroyed - which would have meant that Amy would have died and the ganger would have stopped working (plus they said she was a ganger throughout episodes 1-6 of this season on Confidential).

not quite

from the doctor who wiki

The Pandorica was also used by the Doctor to restore the universe. Since all of the traps inside it provided the perfect barrier against the destruction of the universe, it retained several billion atoms of the original universe within it even after the destruction of the rest of creation. Operating on the same principle as cloning a body from a single cell, these atoms provided a literal 'blueprint' for the universe when the Doctor threw it into the exploding TARDIS which cracked all of time and space. The blueprint from the Pandorica combined with the explosion energy from the TARDIS restored every point in time and the rest of the universe. Doing so causes the cracks in time to close, and allowed Amy to remember her family and the Doctor (all previously erased by the cracks) back into existence. (DW: The Big Bang)

i think therefore that episode is ambiguous and actually changed nothing, so if she was taken before it and died, she would have been restored

but to be fair despite that its more likely she was taken during the 3 months, and i'm sure we'll get a flash back explanation in the upcoming episode, or a really quick explanation by the Doctor that glosses over it (thus hiding moffats constant conflicting stories and unexplainable bits)

i think therefore that episode is ambiguous and actually changed nothing, so if she was taken before it and died, she would have been restored

But if Amy was dead then how would she be able to control the "avatar" ganger version of her?

Fan made anime video :)

All 13 minutes of the completed fake Doctor Who 80s-style anime. Drawn, animated and partially voiced by myself. Some bits are good, some bits are poor, but on the whole it turned out okay, I think. Enjoy! This is old school Who, so fans of the new reboot show may be confused by the fact that the Doctor is doing martial arts and Cybermen say "excellent." Watch the classics and you'll understand. You'll also become almost instantly more handsome by watching classic Who.

PS - for those complaining about total lack of story or narrative in this clip, I did always state from the start that it was only going to be an extended trailer with no plot. Think of it as highlights from a 24 epsiode series if there was one.

Edited by Dante

I missed the part after the credit because I looked away. What was it? It was after the guy said something about what was on next, then there was silence and then when I looked up it said something like 'the doctor returns' or something. So annoyed I missed it!

In other news, I thought that was excellent. I know there will be haters in the thread (there always are) but I thought the reveal was excellent. Looking forward to it coming back now! :)

I missed the part after the credit because I looked away. What was it? It was after the guy said something about what was on next, then there was silence and then when I looked up it said something like 'the doctor returns' or something. So annoyed I missed it!

It was a skeleton's arm and hand holding the sonic screwdriver on a pile of rubble.

It's interesting that we now know River Song can regenerate.

I saw someone saying "but she looks nothing like Amy or Rory!!" Well no... she looks a bit like Amy when she was in The Impossible Astronaut / Day of the Moon but she regenerated. And probably regenerated a number of times before she became the River Song we know.

I imagine River only has a few regenerations being mostly human, and only being a bit Timelord, I wouldn't be surprised if her appearance isn't supposed to alter as a result of them anyway. She looks enough like she could be Amy/Rory as an adult.

Well, I suspected that River would be Amy's kid and the time lord child from the first two episodes, but it's still brilliant to see it mentioned.

I'm also glad that it didn't end on an annoying cliffhanger: I was expecting it to be one of the characters seemingly getting killed or something.

Going back to the Library episodes, they already cleverly explained why River didn't regenerate. And her first appearance was in a space suit.

they already cleverly explained why River didn't regenerate. And her first appearance was in a space suit.

Remind me how please? My mind is drawing a blank!

Well looks like it is the Doctor that River kills who is 'a good man' but as a kid! That little comment that River made in the first ep makes more sence as well now! She said something along the lines of "of course not" as she was shooting at the suit after it killed the doctor, which must have been she remembers being there and not dying etc!

And the eye patch lady did say they would make the baby into a weapon to kill the doctor!!

Remind me how please? My mind is drawing a blank!

At the end when she's sacrificing herself she tells the Doctor that it would fry both his hearts and says something like "And don't think you'll regenerate, because you won't".