NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

"The programme originally ran from 1963 to 1989."

Perhaps that's why?

The older series has been repeated alots of times in 90's and I watched them all from Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison & Sylvester McCoy.

Edited by Dante

What channel? Anything other than UK Gold?

I watched Sylvester McCoy's Doctor on BBC and the rest on UK Gold in the 90's.

In light of my new Dr who fandom (say that only got into it about half way through Tennants run, properly anyway, I did watch the final of eccalstons run and a couple episodes here and there as well as the last few specials of Torchwood) but I have a new start menu icon

tardis.png

Anyway, I had my doubts about smith after tennant (like everyone else in the world), but he's doing a bloody good job IMO.

Two things I forgot to say about the last 2 episodes. 1, I loved the Doctor impersonating his Tardis' landing sound. 2, that was a terrible, terrible Churchill.

In light of my new Dr who fandom (say that only got into it about half way through Tennants run, properly anyway, I did watch the final of eccalstons run and a couple episodes here and there as well as the last few specials of Torchwood) but I have a new start menu icon

tardis.png

Anyway, I had my doubts about smith after tennant (like everyone else in the world), but he's doing a bloody good job IMO.

Epic! Where did you get/how did you do that?

What channel? Anything other than UK Gold?

Over the Easter weekend, SyFy (shudder) showed a plethora of old Doctor Who

BBC used to repeat an absolute ton of episodes of one point. I watched loads of Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker and Slyvester McCoy during this time. Also helped that my local video store had a ton of old Doctor Who's on video...which is also why I've come to watch a lot of Patrick Troughton.

Epic! Where did you get/how did you do that?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4V0YSZRC

You do need Win7 though, and be careful with megaupload, one of the pop ups is apparently giving out viruses, but to get the icon you,. Download that, extract to wherever, go to the W7SBC folder and run the Windows Start Button changer exe in the folder. Click select&change and the other folder you extracted has various images of it. So you just have to do some trial and error depending on your resolution. Just go back to select and change and pick the next picture.

Is it just me or is the sounds really screwed up? The music is so loud sometimes I can't hear what they are saying. I watched it on BBC iPlayer, if that makes a difference.

Is it just me or is the sounds really screwed up? The music is so loud sometimes I can't hear what they are saying. I watched it on BBC iPlayer, if that makes a difference.

Yeah, I had to turn on subtitles, although I was using crappy laptop speakers.

Ah, right. Lame. I was watching it on my TV trough the PS3. I kind of had the same thing last episode but it wasn't that bad. This time though, the speech was just drowned out completely at some points.

How dumb. I hope they sort it out.

It's fine for me. I've heard the same complaints. I think it may be a problem with how th emix is transmitted to the TV or speakers

On my speakers downstairs with the standard mix it's fine and on my 5.1 over BBC HD up here it's fine too so you've gotta fiddle with your settings a bit

Edited by Serebii

Do you know if there is a way to fix it? I've tried googling the problem but, unless I'm being a bit thick, I can't find anything.

Not sure

Well that ep was rather good, and we were worried after the Dalek ep. I love all time messing related stuff.

Yeah ive been having the same problem since the new series started, keep missing bits of conversations.

Its gonna seem like im moaning a lot this season but here we go again. I thought that second part was pretty pointless and not a very good ep at all. Also still dont like Matt Smith but still love Amy Pond.....that is all.

Yeah I wasn't all that keen either.

For a second parter I thought it went a bit downhill and fell a bit flat.

Really? I felt it was good, but as I said, I've always been keen on temporal mechanics and stories that maintain messing with them. Not saying it was the best episode but certainly up there with the greats

Now, when the Doctor went back to Amy in the forest, he had his Jacket on (hard to see but quite clear), however he lost the jacket to the Weeping Angels earlier and didn't have it before or after that scene, though he gets a new one later as it's in the next ep.

Either there's some time travel afoot or that's one hell of a blooper

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

This really is the Doctor Who I've always wanted to see. A show ABOUT time travel. It's about a man who flippen' LIVES in a time machine? It's a shame the series never played more on the element of time travel as a story device rather than a means of getting to each location.

I thought this two parter was magnificent and will be even more rewarding when we can watch it at the end of the series.

That was bad. I dunno how much more I will keep watching. The only good thing is Amy Ponds face.

Either there's some time travel afoot or that's one hell of a blooper

Time travel is guaranteed.

As for his jacket, theres a wardrobe in the Tardis.

That was bad. I dunno how much more I will keep watching. The only good thing is Amy Ponds face.

Time travel is guaranteed.

As for his jacket, theres a wardrobe in the Tardis.

Wow, I can't believe you guys arent actually liking it o0

I thought this was a great two parter. Maybe not The BEST WHO EVER yet but not far off. I reckon by this time next season we'll be getting stronger and stronger material as the writers figure out the new Who persona (though I still think the first episode was utterly sublime).

Did anyone else hear the sound of a rulebook being torn up when the Doc said "Time can be re-written" and then just stood there staring across the sea? They basically seem to take the one die-cast rule set up by the RTD/Tennant era and cocked a gun to it's head. Can't wait to see what happens when they pull the trigger.

Also I like this veracious side of Amy, at least towards the doctor. More of that please, weird as it is. Rawr. :heh:

The writing has definitely improved. I enjoyed that. I'm glad the cracks in time and forgetting the Daleks is actually being brought up and addressed. Also, Amy jumping on him at the end was ace. The whole thing had a real drive to it, way less of this waiting for ages for big stuff to happen.

I thought this was a great two parter. Maybe not The BEST WHO EVER yet but not far off. I reckon by this time next season we'll be getting stronger and stronger material as the writers figure out the new Who persona (though I still think the first episode was utterly sublime).

Did anyone else hear the sound of a rulebook being torn up when the Doc said "Time can be re-written" and then just stood there staring across the sea? They basically seem to take the one die-cast rule set up by the RTD/Tennant era and cocked a gun to it's head. Can't wait to see what happens when they pull the trigger.

Also I like this veracious side of Amy, at least towards the doctor. More of that please, weird as it is. Rawr. :heh:

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole crack in the universe thing was caused by the Doctor trying to rewrite history by saving Adelaide in The Waters of Mars.

Unlikely perhaps since there's a seperation of eras, but I think it could happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole crack in the universe thing was caused by the Doctor trying to rewrite history by saving Adelaide in The Waters of Mars.

Unlikely perhaps since there's a seperation of eras, but I think it could happen.

That would be good if incorporated.

I bet he'll end up using this rewriting time lark to bag himself some extra regenerations.