NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Really? I thought premise was predictable from the off and the script was sharp, pretty much what made it.

I'd agree. The premise was very NewWho. Alien race in trouble, check. Seeking refuge on Earth as they've lost own planet, check. Aliens pretending to be humans, check.

Acting was great, Matt Smith continues to please. Only problem is Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill have no chemistry (unlike Gillan and Smith, who are brilliant together).

Only problem is Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill have no chemistry (unlike Gillan and Smith, who are brilliant together).

That was definitely the case, but I assumed it was intentional.

Also Amy Pond is apparently turned on by close escapes from death.

Really enjoyed that episode, good witty, not perfect but certainly fun, which is all i need to be entertained. I also believe the poor chemistry was intentional, after all he;s like the 3rd wheel in the Doctor/Companion relationship

The vampires that featured in the classic series were aliens. So these aliens can stand daylight.

I felt that, but it seemed they deliberately forgot this at times.

Not a bad episode, but now you've got the fiance fapping around.

I got the impression they were ok with normal daylight but it was direct sunlight that effected them.

I thought that was one of the best episodes of the series so far. There's that brilliant moment when they're sat around the table and they hear knocking on roof, which I felt summed up every reason I find Dr Who so glorious: "Not vampires... fish from space."

There was a 300 tribute?

The thing I found cool was that it was set in Venice at the exact same time period as Assassin's Creed 2, so I kept thinking "you could just climb up that wall to escape!" or "from there you can sync the map then jump off into a big bale of hay".

Even Gossip Girl has done a 300 shoutout, which official proves its become passé :heh:

I caught a brief bit of it and was jarred by the fact Amy referred to OFSTED to a bunch of 16th century alien vampire fish (or whatever) things in Venice. I know it was a 'for the audience' joke but really?

I barely even remember that line in Dr Who, and he never shouts "We are Spartans" in 300 anyway. So it would've been more of a tribute if the shout had been "THIS IS VENICE".

Re: Ofsted, the joke made me chuckle, but then I had to stop and think as I just couldn't figure out why the aliens reacted like they knew what it was.

Edited by Shorty

I barely even remember that line in Dr Who

How can you not remember? It was the pinnacle of him sacrificing his life, courtesy of a few barrels of gunpowder!

he never shouts "We are Spartans" in 300 anyway. So it would've been more of a tribute if the shout had been "THIS IS VENICE".

Do they have to kick a black dude down a hole as well?

The thing I found cool was that it was set in Venice at the exact same time period as Assassin's Creed 2, so I kept thinking "you could just climb up that wall to escape!" or "from there you can sync the map then jump off into a big bale of hay".

I was thinking the exact same thing. When the Doctor snuck into the palace[?] having used the daddy as a diversion, I was thinking "I've done that!" :smile:

Fucks saaaaaaake, why did iPlayer change dr who to HD?! Apparently my internet is not fast enough to watch it and no SD version available....

Disappointment.

(this doesn't help stop piracy! *cough*)

Fucks saaaaaaake, why did iPlayer change dr who to HD?! Apparently my internet is not fast enough to watch it and no SD version available....

Disappointment.

(this doesn't help stop piracy! *cough*)

This had better be sorted before this evening, my crappy college internet connection probably can't cope with it either...

Another good episode but the some scenes were not shown in great impact because the reason of the timeslot and the monsters were weak.

This had better be sorted before this evening, my crappy college internet connection probably can't cope with it either...

You have to have a goooood 300kbps internet connection to support it. I'm sitting on about 220kbps (give or take) because of the infrastructure i'll almost never get any faster...

Last weeks was SD too so i don't see why they needed to change :(

Hopefully when they update with downloadable version the SD will be there to watch. fingers crossed.

I'm still very tempted to do something the DEB wouldn't agree with :P

It's been so long that we've had a show where they kick old folks off roofs and whack them with a plank of wood. It made me laugh in good ways :p

Was a good episode, had the ending sussed just 2 minutes in though, barring the Dream Lord being the Doctor's dark side

True. He's brilliant in Infamous.

Enjoyed that episode. I hope there's more to it.

Fantastic episode this week - definitely my favourite of this series, and probably in my top five episodes since 2005. I thought the concept behind the episode was very clever, and I loved the Dream Lord.

You have to have a goooood 300kbps internet connection to support it. I'm sitting on about 220kbps (give or take) because of the infrastructure i'll almost never get any faster...

Last weeks was SD too so i don't see why they needed to change :(

Hopefully when they update with downloadable version the SD will be there to watch. fingers crossed.

I'm still very tempted to do something the DEB wouldn't agree with :P

All is well, there's an SD version up now.

All is well, there's an SD version up now.

i downloaded the HD version through the iplayer software thingymabob and watched it through there

So...that was a decent episode. I prefer the sciencey episodes as opposed to the ones filled with aliens/monsters.

The tardis looked awesome covered in snow! ^_^

Fantastic episode this week - definitely my favourite of this series, and probably in my top five episodes since 2005. I thought the concept behind the episode was very clever, and I loved the Dream Lord.

Echoed. Definitely one of my favourites this season. I think the Weeping Angels episodes and this episode are definitely better than all the others. Then again, I'm a sucker for shows and movies that has anything to do with dreams.