Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

source dante, as the producer on the game said it wouldn't be a downloadable title, and phil harrison confirmed this.

IGN Weekly Ep 38

Warhawk Info

- PSN Downloadable Title, Online Only.

- 32 Players are confirmed, they might increase it, but definitely won't decrease it.

- Maps are HUGE! Maybe bigger than Resistance Maps.

- All the match types are there: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Zone/Territory, etc etc...

- Deep Character and Vehicle Customization

- Dedicated Servers

- Will feature alot of Downloadable content: expect Expansion Packs, New Maps, Weapons, Vehicles and character skins.

- Controls configurations are great. You can turn SIXAXIS On or Off for Vehicles, Planes, or both...

- ALOT of Rewards and Medals that will keep the replay value alive and kicking.

- Voice IP Support.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN Weekly Ep 38

Warhawk Info

- PSN Downloadable Title, Online Only.

- 32 Players are confirmed, they might increase it, but definitely won't decrease it.

- Maps are HUGE! Maybe bigger than Resistance Maps.

- All the match types are there: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Zone/Territory, etc etc...

- Deep Character and Vehicle Customization

- Dedicated Servers

- Will feature alot of Downloadable content: expect Expansion Packs, New Maps, Weapons, Vehicles and character skins.

- Controls configurations are great. You can turn SIXAXIS On or Off for Vehicles, Planes, or both...

- ALOT of Rewards and Medals that will keep the replay value alive and kicking.

- Voice IP Support.

No they actually meant online only for multiplayer. Its confusing loads of sites.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/03/its_official_wa.html

He even states that it hasn't been confirmed and is only rumour, only till final confirmation is given from the top.

Well it looks like the SIXAXIS will soon have rumble, seeing as how Sony settled their lawsuits with Immersion and will now be working together.

I wouldn't bet on it. Sony settled with Immersion mainly because it was clear that they were losing, and stakes were *extremely* high. If Immersion would have won on the court, Sony would have been forced by law to recall every PS2 console, every dualshock controller and over 60 different PS2 games from the US market, and pay over 400 million dollars to Immersion.

I wouldn't bet on it. Sony settled with Immersion mainly because it was clear that they were losing, and stakes were *extremely* high. If Immersion would have won on the court, Sony would have been forced by law to recall every PS2 console, every dualshock controller and over 60 different PS2 games from the US market, and pay over 400 million dollars to Immersion.

Immersion have actually said themselves and Sony are working together now though.

Only a matter of time until a rumble controller is released.

I can't help but feel that Sony have somewhat dug themselves into a hole about where they stand with their console and controllers. They knocked the idea of motion sensing back, and then changed their controller from the boomerang shaped controller to the previous design, but with motion controls and no rumble.

If they really didn't believe in motion sensing, then why implement it? If they do believe it, why knock it in the first place?

Same with rumble. Ever since we've heard that the controller will not feature rumble, it seems as if Sony are saying "rumble! pfff. That's soooo yesterday!"

Just, I can't help but feel that they are playing things by ear a bit too much, imo.

I just can't play some games without rumble. PGR3, Gears of War, and Burnout are all enhanced by rumble.

I even use my wired Gamecube pad more than the Wavebird because of rumble for some games.

Agree about Sony though. They need to stop knocking the competition if they're just going to do it as soon as it's a success anyway.

LEAKED GDC KEYNOTE TOPIC (take with a pinch of salt)

Details from Phil Harrison- Sony Computer Worldwide Studios

Keynote at GDC March 7th 2007:

Anouncements:

Firmware update available on the 8th for North America/Japan and Asia. European PS3's will be preloaded with this latest update.

Features of this latest firmware include:

More refined PS Store frontend

Playstation Network integrity enhanced

Wallpapers from pictures

Ability to change background colours

Sony Connect Store for music and movies added to the PS Store. Hundreds of trailers/full films/song videos and mps3's available for download.

Playstation Card option in PS Store enabled.

Playstation Lifestyle- Similar to my space/youtube. User generated content and experiences are the key.

+ more.

Removal of Emotion Engine chips in PS3's in NA and Japan to follow in April. Reason for this is to reduce costs and focus on enhanced opportunities via software. Benefits include the ability to upscale selected PSone/PS2 games to 1080i/720p.

Lots of development talk.

Release dates for key games. Warhawk in June/July 2007. Heavenly Sword delayed. Killzone and MGS4 in late 2007.

New content on PS Store available on the 8th:

Tekken 6 trailer

Lair demo & trailer

Rainbow Six Vegas demo

EA: Skate trailer

Battlefield Bad Company trailer

Warhawk demo

Virtua Fighter 5 demo

Virtua Tennis 3 demo & trailer

GRAW 2: trailer

Mortal Kombat 2 game

Killzone trailer

Killzone demo for May.

More details. Stay tuned on the 7th.

^ Wow! Alot of cool stuff then?

Was anyone really expecting Heavenly Sword to Late 2007 anyway? or are we talking 2008 now?

MGS4 and Killzone for late 2007 would be great! Do you reckon Killzone will be shown at

GDC?

Lets hope all this stuff is true, otherwise it will be a crap day.

Also, alot of us have a US or JAP machine here, and will probably update the firmware on the 8th, however what will happen when we sign-in to our European accounts will everything still be the same to fellow Europeans etc..?

I find it confusing that so many people are lamenting the PS3's launch line-up - for me, the European launch line-up has at least four exclusive "must-have" titles (those being Virtua Fighter 5, Motorstorm, Ridge Racer 7 and Resistance: Fall Of Man) and more if you don't have a 360 already. I can't think of any launch line-up that has had a greater number of fantastic games in it to buy on day one.

I am going to take that with a tiny pinch of salt then MGS4 2007 no way doubt it will come out in, if it does japan only this year.

Heavenly sword - doubt its been delayed again as sony probably wants it as a summer title.

CompSci where did you get that information from.

Also I thought the playstation card was enabled so you could walk into a shop buy a card, type in the code and then buy stuff

I find it confusing that so many people are lamenting the PS3's launch line-up - for me, the European launch line-up has at least four exclusive "must-have" titles (those being Virtua Fighter 5, Motorstorm, Ridge Racer 7 and Resistance: Fall Of Man) and more if you don't have a 360 already.

Virtua Fighter 5 is coming out 360...

and it's rummored that it will be the Arcade version C while the PS3 will be version B

Only a matter of time until a rumble controller is released.

Well, they can release a rumble controller, but they can't change games to be compatible with it.

I find it confusing that so many people are lamenting the PS3's launch line-up - for me, the European launch line-up has at least four exclusive "must-have" titles (those being Virtua Fighter 5, Motorstorm, Ridge Racer 7 and Resistance: Fall Of Man) and more if you don't have a 360 already. I can't think of any launch line-up that has had a greater number of fantastic games in it to buy on day one.

I'd love Virtua Fighter 5, but I'll get that on 360. I don't like racing games, AT ALL, and the shitty analog sticks totally render FPS' unplayable on PS2, so in reality there's only one must have game for me, which is already coming out on 360. In fact, most of the "must have" games on PS3 are coming out on 360 anyway.

godofwar2back.jpg

James Joy from 1UP got an early copy of God of War II. By taking pictures of the retail packaging, James has uncovered one of Sony's worst kept secrets: God of War is coming to PSP. In 2007, no less.

Is Ready At Dawn developing the game? Is it a remake? Is it a sequel? A prequel? There's still tons more info we'd like to know, but rest assured that the game is coming.

This, if true, will be fantastic.

Walking into GAME you begin to see PS3 promotions everywhere. Speaking to the manager and staff its safe to say they are all hyped up about the launch. When asked about how pre orders are going he states 'It has completley outstripped the companys original unit buy from Sony' and every store has surpassed 80 pre orders including small stores in debenhams etc. Flagship stores for game have hit nearly 200 orders each.

Surprisingly he also said that they are still accepting orders that will be fullfilled on day 1. Asked how this is possible he replys 'Game as a company now has almost 50% of the british PS3 stock!'

Also according to an email from head office, Motorstorm is the most pre ordered game, followed by Resistance in 2nd, Def jam 3rd and formula 1 4th.

Virtua Fighter 5 is coming out 360...

and it's rummored that it will be the Arcade version C while the PS3 will be version B

That's true, but we'll have to wait and see just how the 360 handles it though. How will Sega port it I wonder? The original arcade board is close to the PS3, it's why it was moved to that system first. Hopefully a good port and not one with slowdown/messed upness.

That's true, but we'll have to wait and see just how the 360 handles it though. How will Sega port it I wonder? The original arcade board is close to the PS3, it's why it was moved to that system first. Hopefully a good port and not one with slowdown/messed upness.

It'll be done well. If there's no online because lag would ruin the game there's no way the developer will allow slowdown.

Walking into GAME you begin to see PS3 promotions everywhere. Speaking to the manager and staff its safe to say they are all hyped up about the launch. When asked about how pre orders are going he states 'It has completley outstripped the companys original unit buy from Sony' and every store has surpassed 80 pre orders including small stores in debenhams etc. Flagship stores for game have hit nearly 200 orders each.

Surprisingly he also said that they are still accepting orders that will be fullfilled on day 1. Asked how this is possible he replys 'Game as a company now has almost 50% of the british PS3 stock!'

Also according to an email from head office, Motorstorm is the most pre ordered game, followed by Resistance in 2nd, Def jam 3rd and formula 1 4th.

That's quite amazing when you consider the price.

At work we have the local radio station on, and every ad break there is an ad for the local Smyths Toy Store for making PS3 pre-orders, yet there was never any ads for Wii pre-orders, espcailly considering this close to launch day all Wii pre-orders were allready booked, but with these ads still playing sounds like there's still a fair few pre-orders open on it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!