N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they paid for it.

Immersion and Nintendo: Immersion doesn't work with Nintendo on vibrating controller technology. Nintendo's rumble packs are their own designs, though the company was unable to get its Wireless Controller -- the Wavebird -- to use rumbling technology, "We could've helped them with that," Viegas said. "But they didn't ask."

Nintendo has apparently solved the problem on its own, however, as the Wii reportedly has vibrating technology built into its wireless controller. Given their history with Sony, you can bet that Immersion will be taking a hard look at how the Wii vibration functions and make sure it doesn't infringe on any of Immersion's existing technology -- otherwise, we could see more controller-based litigation in the not too distant future.

hakuna matata

Well I bloody love RPGs, my fave genre. :)

mine too, and adventure games, and rythem action and racing, and online FPS. lol

going to try and finish my second PS2 game this year - first being FFX - and since i'm bringing my new slimline PS2 to manchester with me should be fun, gunna have PS2 next to 360 next to Wii for the first time :D

I need some information guys. I need to know what Sony's health is like, as a company. I hear they are in massive debt but does anyone know exactly how much? And what for?

What about Sony's other departments, the electronic section, sales aren't that great? I'm having a 'discussion' with a few mates and all of them think I am crazy when I say that Ps3 might not be number 1. And they don't believe me when I say that sony are in debt.

I basically need some evidence to back myself up and show them that Sony is weakening and so are the sales of the Ps3 even though it maybe just be stock issues but are those reports of unsold Ps3's on store shelfs true?

Sony aren't in debt, i thought they posted profits despite all the PS3 R&D last quarter?

if you want to wait till the end of the financial year in march they'll be more figures floating round then, and as for PS3s on store shelves, it does seem to be the case in the US but whether it was just a few people catching stores just as they put more stock out or what is debatable.

I need some information guys. I need to know what Sony's health is like, as a company. I hear they are in massive debt but does anyone know exactly how much? And what for?

What about Sony's other departments, the electronic section, sales aren't that great? I'm having a 'discussion' with a few mates and all of them think I am crazy when I say that Ps3 might not be number 1. And they don't believe me when I say that sony are in debt.

I basically need some evidence to back myself up and show them that Sony is weakening and so are the sales of the Ps3 even though it maybe just be stock issues but are those reports of unsold Ps3's on store shelfs true?

The playstation department made huge losses after the release of the PSP/UMD and the development of the PS3, but the rest of the company is still going strong, I think.

The playstation department made huge losses after the release of the PSP/UMD and the development of the PS3, but the rest of the company is still going strong, I think.

Your joking right? Sony has dropped so far, my VAIO has broke twice within 6 months and it's all due to manfacturing faults. They still produce mini-disks and their mp3 players are appalling.

I meant financially.

Your joking right? :D

True they are alright but they need to sort it out. I'm not sure how if they still do this but the different parts of Sony were meant to compete with each other as they encouraged creativity but this meant they had two competing products against each other, both not selling.

They missed the 2m target for PS3's. The fact that instead of paying patents they just miss out needed features obviously means they are cutting corners and supposelly the PS3 is dragging dow

They are gonna make it so you can get it through your PSP later on. Plus we don't know the price of the console yet :P and no doubt someone close to you will get hold of one at somepoint.

But it is about the price of the actual game and $5.99 is a bloody awesome price. TBH it really makes you wonder if Microsoft or Nintendo will soon lower theirs. Because it's certainly not the best of deals you are getting there.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!