Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Questions

Ashley

The rules regarding signature dimensions and file sizes, while maybe need some alterations, are perfectly fine. You can create, or get someone else to create plenty of nice images to go there and it leaves enough room for creativity. I should know this, I've had plenty of experience and know staying within the rules isn't hard.

GIF's are allowed, I had one in the past. The only issue is the file size, it needs to be below 20kb (I think?)....so good luck with that :heh:

And Daft, has it not already been explained to you? I'm sure you could reduce part of the red area to make it fit within the rules. Or put the signature on the backburner until signature rules have been tweaked?

Wait, the rules say,

"Avatar limits have been increased to 125 x 125 pixels as a maximum. You can still use your own customised avatars, but the same rules on offensive materials apply. Avatars automatically are given a 1 pixel black border (although in future the colour may change dependant on the scheme).Remember, avatar file sizes count towards the total file size, so check those sizes!"

So... does that mean the total file size as in the 50kb that it says for the main signature> I'm confused. That means I could have a av. that's 50kb?

And Daft, has it not already been explained to you?

Not really. There isn't a problem with it. Technically it breaches the rules but the rules don't make sense (If I saw it caused a problem I would have got rid of it. I did it before when my sig was too high, and that was totally fair enough). Why limit the width as long as it fits inside the designated signature are and isn't too high?

There is no reason.

Seriously, who ever keeps modding my sig either stop it or give me a valid reason. 'It's the rules', is stupid and I've explained why. Stop making a problem where there wasn't one.

Just because you say a rule is stupid doesn't make the rule stop existing or being enforced. It's the rules so stop making a problem by whining.

Just because you say a rule is stupid doesn't make the rule stop existing or being enforced. It's the rules so stop making a problem by whining.

But I'm not just saying the rules are stupid. I'm pointing it out quite logically that they make no sense.

Erm... loading times I guess?

The file size is minuscule and it definitely takes a lot less time to load than the gamerscore and trophy card things.

*shrugs*

Well, it's still alive so maybe they're thinking of changing the rules.

How come I can't see my own signature?

EDIT: Never mind. Does my sig only show on new posts then? Or just for me on new posts? I'm confused. Oh well.

Also I should of listened to Dyson before trying to make a gif avatar. couldn't get anything decent that was below 50kb.

Edited by Wesley
Automerged Doublepost

*shrugs*

Well, it's still alive so maybe they're thinking of changing the rules.

How come I can't see my own signature?

EDIT: Never mind. Does my sig only show on new posts then? Or just for me on new posts? I'm confused. Oh well.

Also I should of listened to Dyson before trying to make a gif avatar. couldn't get anything decent that was below 50kb.

Any post you make from the iPhone scheme won't have a sig.