Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Questions

Ashley

I'm having a peculiar problem with one topic.

I can't seem to enter the topic on the Wii-discussion, named 'Post your Mario memories'. I just can't seem to make it load completely. It loads right up to DCK's post, and then it does... well, nothing. It just keeps loading and then locks up. It's the only topic where this happens.

Is there something special in that topic that makes my system go GaGa?

It works fine for me, looks like the problem's on your end. Not sure what it could be though...

I second this. Ants been trying to get a duplicate account for we....I mean....Erm...

Haxxorz.

Yeah, that's really going to get registration open again.

The second he makes a new account we'll find out - we've got new duplicate account detection scripts working.

Yeah, that's really going to get registration open again.

The second he makes a new account we'll find out - we've got new duplicate account detection scripts working.

So the chances are they won't get back in, so when's registration opening Moria?

So the chances are they won't get back in, so when's registration opening Moria?

I believe it's open now - haven't tried it though.

Some guy called Stalin signed up, and then PMd me asking to activate his accoutn (which i can't actually do) and signed it "Joseph".

Your attitude towards me in that thread (and your behaviour in other threads) indicated that the thread would not lead to a good discussion, but to a flame fest. I nipped it in the bud.

All my threads so far have led to 'good discussion' on topics as diverse as politics, fashion and relationships. You're out of order Odwin and you know it. If I were you I'd reopen the thread before Jordan et al find out and throw the proverbial book at you.

All my threads so far have led to 'good discussion' on topics as diverse as politics, fashion and relationships. You're out of order Odwin and you know it. If I were you I'd reopen the thread before Jordan et al find out and throw the proverbial book at you.

There's no point theatening him.

Anyway, I agree with his decision, and all the other staff are probably playing galaxy. :heh:

The thread was pointless because you didn't even try to look it up. and there was no reason to put a poll on that thread as you were just asking a question that could be answered by one person. Plus the thread title didn't describe the thread very well, and you were being very harsh on an undeserving Mod.

Thats rules 7, 12 and 13 all broken.

The thread was pointless because you didn't even try to look it up. and there was no reason to put a poll on that thread as you were just asking a question that could be answered by one person.

It's a question that has been debated for centuries, and which continues to be debated today. I am firmly in the 'lunch and tea' camp, although it seems as though that puts me firmly in the minority with most people opting for either 'lunch and dinner' or 'dinner and tea.' I have even heard some people refer to tea as supper! Crazy.

Stalin, you are a fool. Mr_Odwin is a great moderator. Every moderator or administrator that there has been since I joined nearly three-and-a-half years ago have all done their jobs well.

It really gets on my nerves when a new member who hasn't even been here for a week questions a mod's motive as to why he locked their thread. This is almost like what happened last month, when motion kept insulting Moria, and UK accusing everyone, who respected the mods, of brown-nosing. And I was dismayed at such disrespect.

One of the reasons why I like N-Europe is because it has good forum staff, who always do a good job. And it has been like that since I joined Cube-Europe, and I'd wager on it being like that before I registered.

I have hardly ever questioned a staff's decision. There might be a point when I have a kneejerk reaction over a decision I wasn't in favour of, but I learn to accept it. Especially if the decision was the right thing to do.

And Stalin, your threads are more or less pointless, especially the one Odwin locked. He locked it for good reason, so accept it.

There, I've come out and spilled my guts. I'm not happy that I had to do it, but it was an inevitability.

Hello Villan,

Stalin, you are a fool. Mr_Odwin is a great moderator. Every moderator or administrator that there has been since I joined nearly three-and-a-half years ago have all done their jobs well.

I think that, on the whole, they do a good job. However they do, on occasion, let themselves down with poor errors of judgement such as this. Mr Odwin in particular, I feel, suffers from this.

It really gets on my nerves when a new member who hasn't even been here for a week questions a mod's motive as to why he locked their thread.

I have as much right as anyone to comment on moderators' behavior.

This is almost like what happened last month, when motion kept insulting Moria, and UK accusing everyone, who respected the mods, of brown-nosing. And I was dismayed at such disrespect.

I thought Moria was in the wrong in that particular situation, and that Motion was well justified in his criticism, which I do not view as 'insulting'. A ban seemed harsh.

And Stalin, your threads are more or less pointless, especially the one Odwin locked. He locked it for good reason, so accept it.

All of my threads so far have stimulated the sort of debate and banter this forum has been lacking of late, as I'm sure you will agree when you remove your head from your arse.

Love,

Joseph xx