Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

A lot better than I though. It was actually pretty funny. Story was a little bit "You fucking what?!", but meh, it's a kids film.

7/10

This film was fucking hilarious! Its was practically a spoof disaster film! Loved the spoofy elements, and the voice cast was pretty amazing!

8.8/10

Monster

Actually still crying a little. The final 15 minutes were so horrifically sad! Theron's performance was fucking incredible. Especially when she just broke down at the bus stop and you could see how much of a broken woman she'd become.

Edited by Slaggis

(500) Days Of Summer

The film didn't work for me, because I found Summer really annoying, and not particularly good looking (Autumn at the end was way more stunning me). Also, the film didn't build-up their relationship enough - they meet, talk a bit, have sex, then break-up.

I sorta can relate to the fact he was obsessed with her, and she wasn't, but not enough to compel me to actually be that interested in the film.

The soundtrack was great (Loved how Us by Regina was the main attraction), but it felt like they were just doing a Juno and choosing music that's a bit quirky, for the sake of it. I liked how the plot / his relationship with Summer was based around his music taste, in the same way the way I relate to people via my music taste.

Overall, a good movie, but I kinda hated.

6/10

Monster

Actually still crying a little. The final 15 minutes were so horrifically sad! Theron's performance was fucking incredible. Especially when he just broke down at the bus stop and you could see how much of a broken woman she'd become.

I agree. A brilliant movie. and I love Christina Ricci too.

Enchanted

Felt lovely. Too many references to great films. Although, I hated how she looked bad when the girl made her dress normally, and how she lost all her innocence. The cyncial dragon was lovely though. Amy Adams was the best by far.

7.6/10

Surveillance

By Jennifer Lynch, daughter of David. Engaging, if not entirely convincing. It didn't quite hang together in the end. It was fine watching though in general. Leaves you questioning things, but not in a particularly positive way. Eh.

6/10

Tormented

Good stuff. Not the best horror movie I've seen but it's definitely worth watching. It's sort of has a black comedy feel to it. Just don't take it seriously otherwise you will hate it. Overall, very enjoyable.

7/10

Frequently Asked Questions about Time Travel

Brilliant movie, absolutely funny and also has a brilliant cast. Anna Farris (:heart:), Chris O'Dowd and Dean Lennox Kelly, it's just awesome. Would recommend to anyone.

8/10

Edited by Animal

Grave of the Fireflies

I've owned this film for almost 2 years, but I've never brought myself to watch it until a few days ago.

I kind of like Japanese doom and gloom films (Tokyo Sonata and a Homeless Student were great), so this one was quite enjoyable.

9/10

No! I read it afterwards, and it gives away the whole point of the film!

I know. When I present (and win) the case to legally force publishers to reveal as little spoilers as posible, this film and the DVD case will be my evidence.

Films ideally should be watched having never seen the trailer, read anything about it, not knowing the genre, etc. Even the name gives away too much. Technically, even being told "it's good!" puts perceptions into your head that aren't your own.

I want to go to a cinema where you just choose between seeing a newly released film, or a "classic"/old film, in 2 different screens, no name, no warning, nothing. An undiluted experience.

Well then go to an Odeon Monday Mystery Movie showing and let the rest of us enjoy descriptions :heh:

How anyone can not know the plot of Rosemary's Baby (before seeing it obviously) is unfathomable to me personally. Its like Citizen Kane. The plot is thrown around so much within other media products you can't not know what happens.

Well then go to an Odeon Monday Mystery Movie showing and let the rest of us enjoy descriptions :heh:

How anyone can not know the plot of Rosemary's Baby (before seeing it obviously) is unfathomable to me personally. Its like Citizen Kane. The plot is thrown around so much within other media products you can't not know what happens.

I have zero idea what the film contains. I've heard of it, but that's literally it. FATHOM THAT.

--

Donnie Darko

It just gets better with every viewing, or so I think anyway. Everytime I watching it (countless times) I always seem to notice something new. Though, they could stick emo Jack Gyllenhaal in a room for 4 hours and I'd still score it a 10. Literally in parts, I can't fathom someone ever looking more doable.

Grave of the Fireflies

I've owned this film for almost 2 years, but I've never brought myself to watch it until a few days ago.

I kind of like Japanese doom and gloom films (Tokyo Sonata and a Homeless Student were great), so this one was quite enjoyable.

9/10

Forgot to mention before but I love this film :)

I have zero idea what the film contains. I've heard of it, but that's literally it. FATHOM THAT.

*tries*

*fails*

*dies*

But seriously...its become an expression in itself. I've described my siblings as Rosemary's Babies before now and off the top of my head its been referenced in That 70's Show and 30 Rock. Jeez, you people :p

I'm sure its a fine film if you watch it for the first time unspoiled but when you watch it for the first time already knowing the ending (which I'm guessing if you think about it you will, one of the better known Simpsons episode did parody it...and Veronica Mars did give away the ending which is how I knew) it kinda negates the point of the film. Repeat watches I presume are fine, as you can pick up on the other details but the crux of the first watch really lies in the mystery.

WAIT!

People haven't seen Citizen Kane and haven't heard of Rosemary's Baby. I'll admit I don't watch films but what the frick people!? :p