Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

There Will Be Blood

"I. Drink! Your. Milkshake." Fucking fantastic. A surprising amount of people walked out of hte screening and I was sitting in the worst possible place, so I definately need to see it again where there's no distractions, but it was everything I expected.

9/10

That line... was foockin fantastic.

Damn... that soundtrack was immense.

There Will Be Blood

"I. Drink! Your. Milkshake." Fucking fantastic. A surprising amount of people walked out of hte screening and I was sitting in the worst possible place, so I definately need to see it again where there's no distractions, but it was everything I expected.

9/10

DRRRRRAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNAAAAAGE!

saw it today. Fucking mind blowingly immense performance.

Just got back from seeing There Will Be Blood again. It's by far the best of the Oscar bunch and it will be a dreadful misgiving if it doesn't win Best Picture. It slowly seeps into you throughout the film until the final scene when you realise just how good the film you've been watching is. It's practically faultless and the final scene will go down as one of the greatest in American cinema.

run fat boy run

out for rent this monday :yay:

...it's ok. it's no shaun of the dead, but it has some funny bits. i like the cake shop in it... the coffee machine has mis-matched cups. something about that makes me really happy ^__^

4/10

interactive lovers guide

i saw this at work, saw the word "interactive" and couldnt resist O_O the guy working with me was like 'oh god, you're actually renting it, arent you?'

hell yeah .. "INTERACTIVE" O___o

...it was terrifyingly hardcore. there were multi-angle/multi-commentary options... yah.

bluey no likey. :cry:

3/10

the cat returns

my favourite non-miyazaki ghibli movie ^__^

10/10

Being John Malkovich -

Anything Charlie Kaufman touches has an element of genius to it. Just the best brain fuck piece of surrealism that has hit mainstream cinema in years. Catherine Keener is to die for (not just her acting either :P)! I still have my theories on the portal and think its some sort of metaphor to the cycle of excretion (dont ask, i could go on forever!) and the fact this film is still as fresh as it was 9 years ago says it all. Classic to me

9.5/10

Just got back from seeing There Will Be Blood again. It's by far the best of the Oscar bunch and it will be a dreadful misgiving if it doesn't win Best Picture. It slowly seeps into you throughout the film until the final scene when you realise just how good the film you've been watching is. It's practically faultless and the final scene will go down as one of the greatest in American cinema.

He pretty much says it all.

Although No Country For Old Men is also a fucking masterpiece, There Will Be Blood deserves best picture. But I'll be happy if either of them wins.

I don't see Michael Clayton winning at all. Same for Juno. But that's all good because they don't deserve it. Now... my concern here is: Atonement. Yes, it's a good movie... but... fuck, I can't even stand the thought of it winning over NCFOM or TWBB. It would be the world's biggest injustice ever since Chicago won best picture.

Being John Malkovich -

Anything Charlie Kaufman touches has an element of genius to it. Just the best brain fuck piece of surrealism that has hit mainstream cinema in years. Catherine Keener is to die for (not just her acting either :P)! I still have my theories on the portal and think its some sort of metaphor to the cycle of excretion (dont ask, i could go on forever!) and the fact this film is still as fresh as it was 9 years ago says it all. Classic to me

9.5/10

I already said I like you, didn't I?

Seriously though man, watching There Will Be Blood twice in 24 hours at the cinema has driven me fucking crazy. I've been listening to the score non stop since I got home and chain smoking like a bitch.

Day Lewis was so fucking terrifying in that film and the last scene has been playing over and over in my head. It's certainly not the greatest film I've ever seen but it may well affect me the most severly in the long term. It says so much about every aspect of life and its so incredibly chilling. P.T Anderson has certainly learnt the importance of subtley since Punch-Drunk Love and there is now no doubt that he is a master of the art.

I can see my dreams now, I will be a priest in the rural west of America, going toe-to-toe with a morally corrupt oil prospector. And I'm going to be terrified by every second of it.

Seriously though man, watching There Will Be Blood twice in 24 hours at the cinema has driven me fucking crazy. I've been listening to the score non stop since I got home and chain smoking like a bitch.

Day Lewis was so fucking terrifying in that film and the last scene has been playing over and over in my head. It's certainly not the greatest film I've ever seen but it may well affect me the most severly in the long term. It says so much about every aspect of life and its so incredibly chilling. P.T Anderson has certainly learnt the importance of subtley since Punch-Drunk Love and there is now no doubt that he is a master of the art.

I can see my dreams now, I will be a priest in the rural west of America, going toe-to-toe with a morally corrupt oil prospector. And I'm going to be terrified by every second of it.

That score... oh god.:heart:

American Psycho

It spoofs the 80's fashions, but will remain utterly relevant until capitalism itself finally comes crashing down. Fuck Batman, this is what Christian Bale really looks like in action.

10/10

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke.

American Psycho is a genius film. Batemans (Shit Ive just realised if you take the "e" off its batman, spooky lol!) analysis of music juxtapositioned with clutching an axe ready to murder the listener, is just something that cannot be bettered.

9/10 [Not a 10, purely because the book is better in the same way Wise Guys is better then Goodfellas]

Orlando Bloom is a horrible actor. Was only good as Legolas in LOTR's cos he had close to zero dialogue and he looked good firing arrows.

He is the perfect example of how hollywood has no problem with wooden actors if they look good. A ghost has more screen presence then Orlando Bloom