Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Léon The Professional

Quite nice, specially because of the awesomeness of Luc Besson, Gary Oldman and an incredibely young and talented Natalie Portman.

The Intercepting Fist (I think it's this one)

Not a specially good movie, but Bruce Lee was awesome, so by default the movie is cool to watch.

Sphere

Mixed feelings, seems to be going somewhere cool with nice teories but it ends up exectued a little poorly. Meh.

Ano natsu, ichiban shizukana umi (Scene at the beach)

Awesome, very awesome. Uneventeful as a lot of Beat Takeshi's movies, but has a great feeling.

The 6th Sense.

Didn't meet the hype at all IMO. I thought it was unsatisfying at the end, you didn't get to learn what happened to the boy. The twist would have been alot better if you hadn't seen him get shot at the start. I can see at the time of release it was a big deal, but I thought it was quite mediorce.

7/10

Ed Wood

Certainly felt like a Burton film, aside, of course, from the lack of an Elfman soundtrack. It's a semi-fictional biopic-ish about 'the worst director ever' - certainly a topic I'm interested in now I've started watching MST3k again. The guy has 3 entries in that show, which is quite impressive.

Anyway, also like all Burton films, you ought to be a little miserable about something in order to immerse yourself in the sad characters portrayed.

7/10

The Hudsucker Proxy

Awesome film :) Hadn't seen it since I was about 8, but it's great. It has Tim robins as the (un)lucky squirt whom, on his first day in the mail department, gets chosen by the board of directors to be a puppet, aimed at steering the company into downfall - only our hero goes and invents the hula hoop! Charming film, even has the legend that is Bruce Campbell in it.

One of my new-favourite films.. 9/10

Pi. Never watched more than the first 20 mins, and never with the sound on - so this was something I'd been looking forward to for a while. The bizarre and unique premise involving the jewish, japanese Go, the number Pi and a wall street corporation isn't perfect, but it's charming in its quirkiness. Darren Aronofsky's films are worth watching at least to see how generic most other films are to each other. 9/10

Borat- fantastic movie. Sooo funny. The fact that most of it is random people just adds to the fun.

If I could marry Borat I would

Not.

I saw some film on Sky called the Host. It's set in korea and this girl gets eaten by a monster and the family have to rescue her. It's all in Korean and has subtitles, and was actually quite good!

8/10

Now onto watching hours of Monty Python! Holy Grail here I come!

i cant stand the damn film and have said it millions of times.. i think it is unbelievably over-rated.

It one of those "omg this is so terrible but i like it" movies. The name of the movie, the classic qoute and everything in between.

I'd give it about 6/10.

Ano natsu, ichiban shizukana umi (Scene at the beach)

Awesome, very awesome. Uneventeful as a lot of Beat Takeshi's movies, but has a great feeling.

Blerch, why do they give Japanese films short crappy translated titles? "That summer, the calmest beach..." would be much nicer. It's like Spirited Away (Sen to chihiro no kamikakushi). "The spiriting away of Sen/Chihiro" may sound a little old fashioned but in my opinion is much nicer.