Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Stand By Me

stand_by_me.jpg

Still my favourite movie ever.

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"

It fits the film so well. After watching the story and hearing about how River Phoenix's character dies (the fact that River Phoenix died young adds to it too), it's just the perfect ending to a beautiful story.

Stand By Me

stand_by_me.jpg

Still my favourite movie ever.

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"

It fits the film so well. After watching the story and hearing about how River Phoenix's character dies (the fact that River Phoenix died young adds to it too), it's just the perfect ending to a beautiful story.

7177.jpg

In my top favourite films also.

Someone's hopefull.:hehe:

Well if I had said 70 people would've moaned at me for being negative. =P

Plus my grandfather is currently something like 84, so there's a chance for me to reach 80 no?

Who knows, I might die at 30 or something anyway. Or I might reach a 100! X3

Well if I had said 70 people would've moaned at me for being negative. =P

Plus my grandfather is currently something like 84, so there's a chance for me to reach 80 no?

Who knows, I might die at 30 or something anyway. Or I might reach a 100! X3

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding.

Though to be honest, I don't really want to die much after 70... unless I'm actually active. Old (70+) people depress me.

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding.

Though to be honest, I don't really want to die much after 70... unless I'm actually active. Old (70+) people depress me.

I'm going skiing in a month with a 73 year old family friend. He will be skiing when he is 75 just so he can get a free ski pass. I want to see that day as it will be a goal I am determined to achieve like him. Life begins at 70!

I'm going skiing in a month with a 73 year old family friend. He will be skiing when he is 75 just so he can get a free ski pass. I want to see that day as it will be a goal I am determined to achieve like him. Life begins at 70!

Active seniors are awesome. :heh: If I get to be like him I'm sure I'll want to be alive. I just don't want to rot away in front of a tv.

Shinjuku Incident

Stars Jackie Chan. I can sum this up as simply.

"Different, Entertaining and Gripping!!"

If anyone has seen Crime Story, also starring the Chan then you will have a rough idea on a dark-side to Jackie's movie's. He hasn't done a lot of dark films, so with this i wasn't expecting much. When i read it was going to focus 99% on Drama, instead of his usual Action themed movies.

Boy, how wrong i am. It gives an in-depth look into the Japanese gangs and Chinese Immigrents who tried to make a living once they arrived. The lack of action is more than made up with the Drama. It is a violent movie, bloody and there are some scenes within that may offend/make you sick (probably). Well, they did make me say "ah, mate" whilst showing a face of disgust.

I don't really know what else i can say about this movie without spoiling it really. All i can say is, you havn't seen all what Jackie can do until you've seen this.

10/10

Spectacular film. When Walter Benjamin pops up in the extra's banter I got a little too excited.

8/10

You forgot the legendary Richard O Brien:

6427335_gal.jpg

To the crystal doooooooooome

Just watched:

runningman.jpg

"I vill not fire on ze vimin und children, zey are unaahmed". Amazing.

Every time Arnie makes an excuisite joke after killing someone, I just imagine a cinema full of people high fiving.

Edited by Goafer

I love The Matrix too!

Oh, wait...

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you're implying that Dark City is a ripoff of The Matrix it's worth noting that Dark City was 1998 and The Matrix was 1999.

Plus The Matrix didn't have Jennifer Connely, so is naturally inferior.

Finally got around to seeing it today. Thought it was a good movie but maybe just a bit too much style over substance, seemed to find it hard to care about the Na'vi. Thought the 3D was great (apart from blurry bits every now and again) and nice CGI. Personally would have liked to have seen more space bits but thats more personal taste.

Oh and my favourite bit of the movie was:

When the main badguy kicked open an airlock to go shoot the helicopter, twas hilarious!

Overall I enjoyed the movie and im sure i'll end up buying it but it wont be a preorder, just one I wait for the price to go down.

7/10

the-lovely-bones-poster.jpg

I felt it could have been a bit tighter. I haven't read the book. I reckon I need to see it again, too.

7/10

I love The Matrix too!

Oh, wait...

Huh?

They used some of the sets from this in The Matrix which I thought was pretty cool.

I liked the whole reification of social relations. It was kind of chilling.

Edited by Daft

There were similarities. However they were also quite different. I don't really see what the problem is.

There's no "problem". I like'm both. :heh: I was just observing that there are MANY similarities.

Yes it was!

You can be calm in the knowledge that I was just trying to wind you up :heh:

Stop flirting with my vanity! :heart:

Edited by Oxigen_Waste
Automerged Doublepost

Festival

Set in Edinburgh during the Festival every summer, felt so great knowing everywhere shown and relating to the experience of the festival. Just popping into joke shows whenever you please, and seeing crazies on the street. The individual tales of the characters have suprising depth, and are just nicely fleshed out. I didn't really think it was a comedy, though it seem to be billed as such, it's more...amusing the whole way through, but there's more sad bits than funny (IMO). But yeah, a gem I'd never heard of, but well worth getting a hold of.

It had loads of people from british TV you know but can't place. I knew Guy Secretan from Green Wing, both men from IT Crowd, the horsey woman from something as one of the amusic Canadians in this...and lots of others I knew.

8.7/10

Doubt

Seen it before, but still liked it. The metaphors kinda hit you over the head, but I imagine they might work on stage better. Still good acting and thought-provoking.

9/10