NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Kung Fu Panda...

My defense is, IT HAD JACK BLACK.... I find him very funny.

The movie wasn't to bad, pretty silly, umm defintly not Jack Black's best work though, but it's a cartoon for god's sake, so obviously he couldn't be in his best.

7/10

Dear god, you just added insult to injury. If RE: Extinction wasn't as good as the other two and it deserves a 7/10, I'm dying to see what the other two are worth in your chart.

As for the whole Wanted discussion, I haven't seen the movie yet, but from the trailer, it looks like the worst thing that's ever existed...

The other two get an 8 from me and I might push Extinction to an 8 too :smile: , but now you've added insult to injury, Wanted was awesome, I saw it the other day and I thought it was a great movie. If you watch it, you'll know what I mean : peace:

Adulthood

Saw this with a couple of friends last night and me and my mates thought it was pretty good. I thought the acting was quite good and I also thought the storyline wasn't bad either.

Kidulthood was better though in my opinion, ROFL!

7/10

Wanted was awesome, I saw it the other day and I thought it was a great movie. : peace:

(Bolded so people see it and don't think Im crazy).

(Bolded so people see it and don't think Im crazy).

I'm glad someone agrees!

It was a great film though, and more people need to see it instead of saying "the trailer looks crap so the movie must be crap too"! :)

Wall-E

Great film and beautifully animated. Possibly my favourite Pixar film...

5 out of 5

Wall-E

Great film and beautifully animated. Possibly my favourite Pixar film...

5 out of 5

Can't wait to fricking see this film.

Prince Casper in Banana. Returning to Narnia etc...

Enjoyable 2hr 45min romp back to Narnia where everything is different and kids are still awesome at wielding swords/bows/magiks. Better performances than previously and some awesome effects round it off. Story not as strong as previous iteration but still a nice jaunt with some twisty bits thrown in for the craic. Lovely juxtapositional beginning, stodgy middle with fighty-fighty bits and rounded off with an exciting yet suddenly abrupt ending.

Sets the next film up nicely then. Kinda what sequels usually do.

7.5/10.

Want to see this soon (not out yet here). I enjoyed the first movie, and I read all the books last summer, which I really liked. =)

Just have to find someone to go with me to watch this. X3

I'm rewatching all the Disney movies, to see if my maturity has made them better or worse.

Pocahontas

7/10

I love Disney movies, and I always loved Pocahontas (and the animals were funny back then, so shhhhh). =P

I kind of want to rewatch all our Disney movies, but our VHS player doesn't work anymore. =(

The Edge Of Love

A beautiful, sad film.

The best performances I've ever seen from Kiera and Sienna, plus Mathew Rhys was a surprise, only ever seen him in Brothers And Sisters before.

A must-see for those that appreciate great films.

8/10

Heroes Shed No Tears

Possibly one of John Woos most demented films. A group of Chinese mercenaries attempting to escape with a captured Thai drug baron and their leaders own wife and son (they weren't kidnapped, they just happened to live nearby) end up raising the ire of a Vietnamese border post commander. This eventually leads to the combined forces of the drugs cartel, the Vietnamese army and a tribe of Vietnamese Aboriginals surrounding the group in the (again, conveniently local) jungle hut home of their leader's old mercenary buddy (who looks uncannily like race driver Jenson Button) who's daily activities include meditating, smoking weed, being felated by the three hot Asian babes he lives with and strapping hundreds of pounds of high explosive too himself.

Dialogue is thin and yet barely relevant while entire scenes have no relevance to anything, the plot struggles to serve even itself, and with the ludicrous exception of Jenson Button the characters are all so bland you’ll struggle to tell them apart. In short, the whole film is a complete mess. A beautiful, anarchic mess. Watch it now.

3964 Dead, 108 Wounded.

The other two get an 8 from me and I might push Extinction to an 8 too :smile: , but now you've added insult to injury, Wanted was awesome, I saw it the other day and I thought it was a great movie. If you watch it, you'll know what I mean : peace:

Oh dear god, no. Wanted actually manages to look worst then the Blade movies... I mean, curbing bullets? Hell no! And that scene where she picks him up with the car? Dear god, no.

My Stepmother is an Alien

Hahaha, I loved this. Staring Dan Ackroyd and a very beautiful looking Kim Basinger (mmm, hello to my erection), this had me in stitches this afternoon. There's some great one-liners, particularly:

"If you want my secrets, you'll eat my sandwiches."

"...you look like a reasonable bunch of intergalactic superbeings."

"I'd make a lousy human being. I make too much breakfast and scare the dog."

There's a dozen others, it's all in good fun. I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously, and there's always been something about Dan Ackroyd that's made me happy, ever since Ghostbusters.

8.5/10. My type of daft film. :)

City of Angels

I've got a newfound respect for Meg Ryan. She's gorgeous. :) Nic Cage stars as an angel who watches over her, and then falls in love with her. He reveals himself to her and then 'falls', making himself into a human so he can be with her. The ending is tragic, and there's a certain charm to this film. I did enjoy it, and it does have it's good moments, so it's getting a positive reaction from me.

Will definitely watch it again. :) 8/10

City of Angels

I've got a newfound respect for Meg Ryan. She's gorgeous. :) Nic Cage stars as an angel who watches over her, and then falls in love with her. He reveals himself to her and then 'falls', making himself into a human so he can be with her. The ending is tragic, and there's a certain charm to this film. I did enjoy it, and it does have it's good moments, so it's getting a positive reaction from me.

Will definitely watch it again. :) 8/10

Worst remake ever. :(

Worst remake ever. :(

I liked it, but then I'm a sucka.

I've heard it was a remake, so I'll be sure to see where this originally came from. :)

Prince Caspian

After finding out Wanted was an 18, I suggested we see Hulk. But no, we had to see this.

I already knew I'd hate it as it's entire existence is to be a religious allegory or whatever, and the acting garnered many a laugh from me and my friends.

Plus the cinema was packed and hot.

Overall not very nice.

Best bit was the "return" of Tilda Swinton.

5/10

Prince Caspian

After finding out Wanted was an 18, I suggested we see Hulk. But no, we had to see this.

I already knew I'd hate it as it's entire existence is to be a religious allegory or whatever, and the acting garnered many a laugh from me and my friends.

Overall not very nice.

5/10

A) Prince Caspian over Hulk? Jeez I feel your pain!

B) You still havnt seen Hulk? Dude....wtf. Go see it on your own. You can't miss it whilst its at the cinema man, seriously.

I've just spent too much money 48 hours on cinema though.

I saw the Edge Of Love (which I wanted to), but we had to go to one of those independant cinemas to see it. I only wanted to look out in case Keira or Sienna were still there (they were around there a few days back). That cost me like a tenner with food. AND I lost my house keys.

Then this cinema trip was to vue, so JUST for me it cost like...15 pounds. What a fucking waste.

I'll just get Hulk on DVD, I wasn't bothered about watching it until Caspian was offered instead.

Prince Caspian

Overall not very nice.

5/10

Well, I did see Wanted and it was totally absurd. I suppose it was watchable though.

Why is everyone saying because it wasnt realistic it was a bad film?

Most films aren't based on logic....

Oh dear god, no. Wanted actually manages to look worst then the Blade movies... I mean, curbing bullets? Hell no! And that scene where she picks him up with the car? Dear god, no.

Yeah I'm going to have to agree with Rez. Who gives a rats arse that the film isn't realistic.

On this kind of logic Master and Margarita is a terrible book because there is a talking cat in it among other things.

Things don't have to be critically acclaimed or reach some level of brilliance to be entertaining.

Why is everyone saying because it wasnt realistic it was a bad film?

Most films aren't based on logic....

I never said that; it both wasn't realistic and was a bad film. There are plenty of unrealistic films that are good, in fact that's the case for many good films.

KUNG FO PANDA

i won't spoil the ending but

PO WAS AWESOME

8/10

KUNG FO PANDA

i won't spoil the ending but

PO WAS AWESOME

8/10

AGREED!!!

"People who saw him would go blind from his pure awesomeness!!!"

I love Kung Fu Panda. :grin:

Kung Fu Panda

Great film, really enjoyed it and much better than a lot off the animated movies out there.

5 bears out of 7 :D

Planet Terror.

INSAAAAAAAAAAANE!

This movie was absolutely mental. I didn't really have a clue what was going on! All I knew was that I was having so much fun watching it and I found it hilarious.

The kind of thing you want to watch at 3 in the morning. :yay: brainless action. Nothing beats seeing a mexican riding along killing Zombies from a mini bike :p

5 and a half Bears out of 7. :D

Office Space

It was ok. The comedy felt dated now and some of the characters really annoyed me. >>____< the story also didn't grab me.

3 Bears out of 7. :)

Yeah I'm going to have to agree with Rez. Who gives a rats arse that the film isn't realistic.

On this kind of logic Master and Margarita is a terrible book because there is a talking cat in it among other things.

Things don't have to be critically acclaimed or reach some level of brilliance to be entertaining.

It's not about "not being realistic". It's about being ridiculous. Note this, I've never seen Wanted, but for the trailer alone, I absolutely know it's a piece of shit. I've never seen anything that looked so silly my entire life, this is beyond xXx and The Fast And The Furious, this is a new low in movie history.And don't go comparing surrealism with that generic half-breed-turd of a movie.

As for the whole "entertaining" comment, well then I'm glad that works for you, because for me, it doesn't. Here's why: EVERY FILM EVER MADE is entertaining, all you have to do is find the right audience. So yeah, you can watch Wanted as many times as you want and be "entertained" by it, because as far as I'm concerned, it's just white noise. (I still intend to go see it, though, bear in mind).

I liked it, but then I'm a sucka.

I've heard it was a remake, so I'll be sure to see where this originally came from. :)

Ok, it's not that bad a remake, it's just that the original is perfect. Litterally perfect. And this ruins it on various levels, it's like an empty and shallow version of the original.