NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

DreamGirls

One of my favourite films, easy.

The songs are perfection throughout the movie, and if you can watch it in HD, the clubs and stuff look AMAZING.

Great performances, even Beyonce, although Jennifer Hudson clearly steals the light.

10/10

Transformers 2

Oh dear...

2/10

The Hangover

Cool enough.

6/10

Role Models

Also cool enough.

6/10

Twilight

Meh, pretty much what I expected.

4/10

Brazil

By Terry Gilliam.

Very interesting, and a lovely visual style, with lots of humourous elements. The tone changes wildly, which is a good change. Great though.

I love love love love love that movie. Dystopian future cliches ftw!

Terminator:Salvation 7/10

I can see what they've tried to do here, I do. But scaling down the violence and dark tones of the past films, especially in their 'future war' scenes, to fit a 12A certificate wasn't worth it. It just wasn't scary enough, shocking enough, adrenalin rushing enough. And I like to be shit scared in terminator films. Still, a noble attempt, with some good action scenes and a plot typical of the genre.

Superman Returns - Plane Rescue Scene

I dont even bother watching all the movie anymore, just this one scene. I absolutely love it, probably my favourite scene in any Superman movie so far! Just wish the rest of Returns was as good as this.

Superman 10/10

Superman Returns - Plane Rescue Scene

I dont even bother watching all the movie anymore, just this one scene. I absolutely love it, probably my favourite scene in any Superman movie so far! Just wish the rest of Returns was as good as this.

Superman 10/10

I wish the rest of Returns was good period.

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Confessions%20of%20a%20Shopaholic%20poster.jpg

Isler Fisher is cool. I loved this movie!

Fun, frantic and a touch different story from the usual Chick Flicks. :D I laughed out loud many a time. It kept me entertained through out and at times I was tense when the debt collector appeared! :p

Ice Age 3

ice-age-3-poster.jpg

Awesome. Much better than the second I think. :) The animation was wonderful and the story was better than a lot of these animated movies. I love all the characters especially Sid the Sloth and it just all works together! Very impressed, A real adventure! (no matter how cheesy that line is)

Ice Age 3

God, I was bored for most of it. It focused way to much on action and such, and seemed to forget about actually being, you know, funny. Much prefered the other two. The new british weasel was also SO annoying.

Edited by Slaggis

Transformers 2:

Pretty good film overall, with a lot of sexy action sequences (especially the forest bit). In places however, it was massively cliched and some of the "funny bits" ruined it. I'd recommend a watch.

The guy got tasered in the neck, then a minute or two later he's up, walking with no sign of being tasered.

7.5/10

So you didn't notice the giant robots fighting each other on planet earth!!?

So you didn't notice the giant robots fighting each other on planet earth!!?

Must have missed that bit, where abouts was it?

Dunno, just in the background mid a slow mo megan fox.:heart:

You can just about see them in the hour-long "explosions and sand" section.

Watched Public Enemies last night. Tbh I was pretty underwhelmed. It didn't really stand out for me....maybe it was the shit seat that I got due to the cinema being packed.....I have a feeling that if I watch it again I'll appreciate it more. Meh.

6/10

Watched Public Enemies last night. Tbh I was pretty underwhelmed. It didn't really stand out for me....maybe it was the shit seat that I got due to the cinema being packed.....I have a feeling that if I watch it again I'll appreciate it more. Meh.

6/10

Ditto. Except I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it any more on another viewing.

Confessions of a Shopaholic

I loved it. Laughed out loud so many times, though a couple of bits did drag a little. The bit where she was interviewing for a new job had me laughing so much!

(She can't actually speak Finish, at all. Just thinks it sounds good if she says so).

"I speak fluent finish"

"Really? Oh, that's quite interesti..."

"OMG WHAT'S THAT BEHIND YOU? Oh! It's just a naked man. Jeez, that scared me".

On a scale of one to funny, it's definitely funny.

Ditto. Except I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it any more on another viewing.

Is there any point watching it if you've seen the trailer (the one that carefully explains every single part of the story).

Is there any point watching it if you've seen the trailer (the one that carefully explains every single part of the story).

Probably not.

Technically it was a very competent film, it just seemed to lack something.

I've watched loads of films recently...

The Hangover: I went into this expecting a drab 'comedy' with poor jokes and a god awful storyline. However, the hook of the characters retracing their steps and slowly remembering the night before was played out very well with some memorable monents and some truly funny segments. A couple of times they resorted to cheap jokes and racial sterotyping which just wasn't that funny but apart from that I was pleasently surprised. Solidly good film, better than the average comedy

6.5/10

Public Enemies: I thought this started off fairly slowly but as it went on, I was hooked. I went into the film not knowing anything and was truly astonished when Johnny Depp's name came up at the end. The man is a f-ing genius actor and the role was played sublimely. I loved this film! The direction, the music and atmosphere all blended together superbly well to create something in my mind, extremely memorable. As I mentioned the performace of Depp was astounding and Bale's supporting was equally good. Equally excellent to see Stephen Graham (This is England) in there who portrayed a wonderfully edgy character bringing an added sense of danger to the proceedings. Despite 2-hours of tense build up I did think the ending was a tad dissapointing, it seemed to end all to abruptly though on reflection I can see why this was (I won't spoil it).

7.5/10

Inside Man: I have a huge adoration for a) Denzel Washington and b) edge of the seat thrillers, and this didn't dissapoint. The story keeps you guessing until the very end and is well thought out and equally well played. The performances all-round are excellent, matching the fast-paced frantic intensity of the on screen action. Highly recommended for fans of the genre.

7.5/10

For Your Eyes Only (Bond Film :D): Just finished watching this an hour ago. This is the fourth Roger Moore fim I've seen (after Live & Let Die, Moonraker and Man With the Golden Gun) and out of those four, I thought it was the worst. Story wise, I felt it was quite weak. Although the action scenes were substantial, pleasently blending over the top comedy (the Dolly chase) with more serious action (ski chases). Classic Bond moments, supported by a few witty one liners to the backdrop of beatiful locations couldn't rescue what was otherwise a underwhelmingly poor plot. Too much importance was placed on the ATAC device, which looked a bit like a fisher-price toy and it's importance wasn't explored enough in my opinion. The ending however, was hilarious and brought a wry smile to my face capping off what was a good romp if you ignored the story.

6/10

I saw Night Watch today, and honestly I had quite a hard time following it, and for that reason would only give it a 2.5/5.0.

feckin Pan Labyrinth was on more 4 last night and I missed it!!! *sob*

9/10 for you tho!!

I did watch Gran Torino, enjoyed it alot, I liked the way he grew closer and closer to the asian family, and the way the girl would not stop pestering him, and the ending was great.

8/10 for chooo.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

I wish I had more nights like that :p

Umm yeah. Different from what I expected and entertaining none-the-less. Although could have done with less vomit :p And that girl went from hanging to chipper awful quickly.

Michael Cera FTW ^^

Year One

Dunno why its had such low reviews, it was very funny. Really cracking cast and some excellent cameos (best had to be Bill Hader. Fucking love him) vente enjoyable.

8/10

Has anyone seen Mum and Dad?

Yeah, I have. It's a good British horror movie in my opinion. It's a little gross in one part but it's quite good. Recommend it to anyone who likes a good horror.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Why the heck does it have bad reviews? I enjoyed it a lot. The fights were just pure awesome. I also love the Linkin Park song, New Divide. Been listening to it since.

8/10

I can't wait to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, I just know it's going to be fantastic.

work place discrimination video i was made to watch by the dole

ok, so i don't get why i had to watch it, its not like im going to be employing anyone any time soon is it?

any way, the basic plot of the movie was corperate dick head dosent care much about the disabled equality act, wants to keep costs down.

goes home, gets drunk on whisky while talking to his online girlfriend. sleeping on a laptop transports him to an alternate reality, were every one is dissabled, and hes seen as the freak. he has a job interview which dosent go well as taxis wont pick him up, dissabled people start patronising him, he goes for a date with said girlfriend, turns up at the restraunt and is treated like a child, meets lady, shes hot and in a wheelchair.

they hit a club, which in fairness was one of the best done clubs ive seen on tv. he has a bit more shit from people, then every one starts dancing. i had to hide my laughter at this moment, i mean, it was surreal as fuck. he shags the woman, wakes up and is pleased, then really wakes up from the alternate reality and the screen fades black with big white letters saying "actions speak louder then words"

why did i have to watch this?/10