NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Hollywood Homicide

Very enjoyable buddy comedy with Harrison Ford, where he's a success in a comical role unlike in Working Girl and Sabrina. Nice to see him do something like this after so many action films.

7/10

Wanted

Very poor action film where James McAvoy seemed to be having fun as an unlikeable hero, with Jolie and Morgan Freeman looking like they'd rather be elsewhere. Avoid.

2/10

Wanted

Very poor action film where James McAvoy seemed to be having fun as an unlikeable hero, with Jolie and Morgan Freeman looking like they'd rather be elsewhere. Avoid.

2/10

o____________0

Wanted is clearly a marmite film. The people who like it claim that those who don't must've missed the point, while those who hate it claim that... Well I can't think of a good way to end that insightful insight. I've lost the concluding part of my brain!

I'm waiting for LoveFilm to get a copy of Taken to me, I guess it's in demand as there's no movement yet. Really wanna watch it!

You should not be a pussy and purchase it outright O_O Have faith in the pr0ness of the Neeson.

I absolutely adored Taken. IMO second best film last year.

I fear I know the answer, but what was your first best film last year?

You should not be a pussy and purchase it outright O_O Have faith in the pr0ness of the Neeson.

I fear I know the answer, but what was your first best film last year?

Oh I have no doubt I'll probably end up buying it, but I tend to be a bit tight when it comes to buying dvd's!

Shops like play.com have so many sales these days that I tend to wait until it crops up in one of those for £5.99 or something... like Iron Man etc... were over christmas.

I watched Iron Man for the second time. Was much better than the first. I was a bit disappointed first time round as he took so long to become the red Iron Man we know and love, most of which was shown on trailers moreso than anything else. I felt a little cheated like the film was dragging on. Also, i had to play the game for work and in that the whole first hour of the film is condensed into one short level. I kept expecting loctions from the game, but clearly the game went in its own direction and the film takes a lot longer to evolve.

Anyway, watching it again without these preconceptions i thought it was really good. I actually appreciated the transformation of Tony and the whole story alot more. I love Robert Downey (because of Ally McBeal sadly - anyone who has been forced to watch this by their partner will know what i mean!). He's awesome.

Definite 9/10.

Stranger Than Fiction

I've just finished watching this and I loved it to bits. I have been after it for a while and decided to pick it up last week for £4 as I have never seen it. Im a big fan of Will Ferrells comedy films ( puts up flame shield ) and I was very impressed with how he pulled off this serious role. Im not a big fan of Maggie Gyllenhaal but I got away with her in this film, loved Dustin Hoffmans performance though. I thought the story was great and even though it was pretty obvious what was gonna happen at the end I still enjoyed every second of it. 9/10

Word. I really want to see Stranger Than Fiction. In fact.....I might buy it on the cheap right now. *investigates*

Stranger Than Fiction was awesome.

Hannah and her Sisters was on last night on the Beeb. Great film, love Woody Allen.

Wanted

2/10

agrees! freeman dosent seem to care what he does now, so long as he gets his money. good for him i guess, id do the same in his shoes.

oddly, i hated wanted but loved shoot em up.

Futurama: Into The Wild Green Yonder

Once again as with the other Futurama movies I didnt think this was brilliant but still enjoyable enough. I cant really put my finger on what all the movies have been missing that the show had.

Ah well, as I said I still enjoyed it and I really liked the very end aswell.

7/10

Stranger Than Fiction

I've just finished watching this and I loved it to bits. I have been after it for a while and decided to pick it up last week for £4 as I have never seen it. Im a big fan of Will Ferrells comedy films ( puts up flame shield ) and I was very impressed with how he pulled off this serious role. Im not a big fan of Maggie Gyllenhaal but I got away with her in this film, loved Dustin Hoffmans performance though. I thought the story was great and even though it was pretty obvious what was gonna happen at the end I still enjoyed every second of it. 9/10

Hoffman was such a dick in the movie/his character was. I really hated him by the end of the movie

The Dark Knight staaandaaard.

It's a very glorious day, that in which we agree upon which was the best film of the year.

The Dark Knight was a brilliant film, and after watching it in the cinema i was loving it. but having watched it again since, i think i prefer Batman Begins. i don't know why though, can't put my finger on it??

Think i might give them a back to back viewing sometime soon, see what i think then.

Going to be watching Taken first though (got distracted from it last night).

I prefer Batman Begins, because it feels more like the Batman comic.

And obvs, I love Batman Returns the most.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Brilliant film, 3 hours long but it really flew by I found. Helped that the emotional side of the story was broken up every now and then with good elements of humour.

Doubt

I adored.

The best acted film I've seen in a long time. Meryl Streep was extraordinary. I hated her character. She acted so well that I literally despised her, and all she stood for. She deserves to win the Oscar for Best Actress.

I burst into tears in the final scene;

She had been so harsh and stern and immovable in her opinion throughout the whole movie - a picture of everything I hate. She had almost ruined the preist's reputation, the boy's security, caused Amy Adams' character to become disillusioned with her, then we finally catch a glimpse of her inner shell when she confesses "I have doubts". I properly cried. It's hard to explain why - it wasn't sad...

Viola Davis (although she only appears in 2 scenes) deserves a mention. She was brilliant.

It was just brilliant.

10/10

I agree that Wanted is a "marmite" film, to an extent. I thouroughly enjoyed it for what it was.

However my dad detested it (we share similar tastes in music/films), and I can see why. He doesn't like pointlessly violent things/things that glorify what Wanted glorifies.

FFFFF

Forgot my marathon, ended after making Fight Club and The Matrix reloaded.

And I deleted every file about movies I had in my drive ;____; (Fight Club, Matrix Trilogy, LOTR Trilogy, Star Wars Trilogy and Terminator Trilogy)

Oh well, let's try again.

TDK probably is the 08's film of the year.....but for ehhh.

Anywho, Sex Drive

This was recommended to me as being very funny similar to Superbad and Road Trip.......well it isn't. Superbad is downright hilarious, Road Trip is okay, but Sex Drive just tries to hard to be funny and ends up with only a few chuckles. The best part of the film is Amanda Crew, and the main character's brother. Neither of them have enough screen time.

Amanda Crew doesn't have enough screen time? She is most scenes....lol.

I agree shes fucking gorgeous though. You're incorrect though, it was amazing.

Doubt

I adored.

The best acted film I've seen in a long time. Meryl Streep was extraordinary. I hated her character. She acted so well that I literally despised her, and all she stood for. She deserves to win the Oscar for Best Actress.

I burst into tears in the final scene;

She had been so harsh and stern and immovable in her opinion throughout the whole movie - a picture of everything I hate. She had almost ruined the preist's reputation, the boy's security, caused Amy Adams' character to become disillusioned with her, then we finally catch a glimpse of her inner shell when she confesses "I have doubts". I properly cried. It's hard to explain why - it wasn't sad...

Viola Davis (although she only appears in 2 scenes) deserves a mention. She was brilliant.

It was just brilliant.

10/10

The gossip sermon was my personal highlight of the movie. :geek:

I forgot to rate it when I saw it:

8/10

Yet another very solid effort. Good year, 2008 was. It just lacked a THE movie.