NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I'd kinda like to see this, but in a way that's the thing that's putting me off going a bit, because surely we know how the overall story ends... they don't kill him!... and I wouldn't be surprised if they all get whipped out!

I thought the same originally, which is why it took me a while to see it, trust me it's cleverly done and it does stick quite well to the whole ''true story'' ideal. :smile:

also, if your going to show a man practicing swordsmanship, give him a sword fight. its not hard.

Why in the hell? It would make no sense to have a sword fight in there... who else would use a sword? That would be just giving into the hopes of over modernized movie audiences... And since it's Jim J., he's not about to do that anytime soon.

Milk is not very original.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard/read for a long while...

Moscow on the Hudson

A 1984 movie set in 1984 about a circus musician living in Russia who eventually defects to the US on a circus trip to New York. A very good movie starring Robin Williams showing off the fact that he is a very good actor which is something people refused to realize(widespread realization) until What Dreams May Come.

8/10

Batman

Even though I caught the latter half of this, since I was at work, it still needs the appreciation it deserves. Like people say Connery is the best Bond, Keaton is the best Batman [Fuck Bale]. Quality acting throughout.

One thing I didn't realise was that it shows Bale's Batman to be a complete pussy [No righteous bullshit]. When the Joker is challenging Batman to charge him [Nolan you thief :|], Batman actually tries shooting at him, missing aside.

Ten Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

And as an added prize. The Tommy Lee Jones Award for Services to pr0 Films

tommy_lee_jones2b.jpg

Batman

Even though I caught the latter half of this, since I was at work, it still needs the appreciation it deserves. Like people say Connery is the best Bond, Keaton is the best Batman [Fuck Bale]. Quality acting throughout.

Well said good sir!

Southland Tales

Ive just finished watching this and im not gonna give it a score purely because I havent a clue what the hell was going on throughout the entire movie.

Feast 3: The happy finish

I was so happy when it finished, it was so crap. It was supposed to be a funny but very gory movie but it was just rubbish. It was just too boring!

2/10

Saw IV

Watched it with the girlfriend, was alright.

7/10

I think the original Batman gets worse amd worse everytime I see it!

It was on a few months ago, on again last night, and [other then maybe the last 10mins] now I think it's laughable aweful!

The Beach

Good acting, good story; I like the fact that the story it could really happen/be happening. Great locations/scenery. Finally got around to seeing it [was never really that fussed; mainly cos I didn't know what it was about!], but it was much better than I expected.

7.9/10

Frost/Nixon

Very enjoyable. Stunning performances from the lead roles, especially from Langella. A must-see for anyone remotely interested in Watergate.

9/10

Bring It On: All Or Nothing

The 3rd film in the series, I actually loved it. I refuse to watch the second because it's supposed to be abysmal, but this one actually got suprisingly good reviews so I gave it a try.

Hayden P was damn good (read "Hot"), as was the main guy (again, read "hot"). Some hilarious moments, some great dancing and a really odd cameo from Rihanna.

Today I went to see,

Bolt

Excellent. :grin:

I really enjoyed the movie. Solid story, great characters and I found it hilarious. The hamster was especially funny and he was used just the right amount as he could have become to over the top and in your face annoying. Brilliant animation throughout but particularly in the opening sequence which was stunning!

6 Bears out of 7. :D

The Beach

Good acting, good story; I like the fact that the story it could really happen/be happening. Great locations/scenery. Finally got around to seeing it [was never really that fussed; mainly cos I didn't know what it was about!], but it was much better than I expected.

7.9/10

*strongly disagrees*

It completely desecrated the damn book! :heh:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bring It On: All Or Nothing

The 3rd film in the series, I actually loved it. I refuse to watch the second because it's supposed to be abysmal, but this one actually got suprisingly good reviews so I gave it a try.

Hayden P was damn good (read "Hot"), as was the main guy (again, read "hot"). Some hilarious moments, some great dancing and a really odd cameo from Rihanna.

Bring It On will always be superior, but this is bloody good for the third in the series, all the others are shit.

forgetting-sarah-marshall-poster-0.jpg

Surprisingly good. Russell Brand was brilliant and I'm not a fan. Would have been even better if it weren't for the fact the main guy was so fucking ugly. Seriously I felt a bit ill.

I was beyond not surprised that Kristen Bell dumped him but that the butter meltingly hot Mila Kunis then falls for him...

mila-kunis-sm.jpg

No way.

Good film though.

8/10

Yeah, i really liked Forgetting Sarah Marshall. That girl from the 70's show is indeed very hot, and you get to see her boobs which is always nice :p

Anyway, i just saw The Wrestler. Great film apart from the ending. Seriously, i'm all for films that leave things open on occasion, but in this case i really wanted it to wrap up. You get so invested in the character after all, you want to know the answers to the questions it leaves you with. I was so angry when it ended. 10 minutes more, that's all it needed.

7/10 (would be a 9 if they didn't annoy me at the end!)

Eh? It was wrapped up - quite clear what was going to happen...

No it wasn't! We can assume, but thats not good enough!

I dunno, i just didn't want it to end, which i guess is a good thing but, still, it bugged me.

The ending was perfect imo. If it had been drawn out that would have been unnecessary.

He was dead inside at the end anyway.

Edit: 17 guests in this one thread?! Jesus....

Surprisingly good. Russell Brand was brilliant and I'm not a fan. Would have been even better if it weren't for the fact the main guy was so fucking ugly. Seriously I felt a bit ill.

I like Jason Segal. Granted, he's not attractive but he's fun.

Yeah, i really liked Forgetting Sarah Marshall. That girl from the 70's show is indeed very hot, and you get to see her boobs which is always nice :p

They're not actually hers though, its a photoshopped photo :p

I like Jason Segal. Granted, he's not attractive but he's fun.

Could have swapped him for any of that comedy pack and it probably have been better. He was about as charismatic as a cardboard cut-out.

I'd rather Paul Rudd any day.

'I like her red hair. I wonder if the carpet matches her pubes.' Best line.

Well if you write the film you're welcome to be the main character :p

Well if you write the film you're welcome to be the main character :p

I'd probably let an actor who suited the character have the part. Unless maybe it was a biopic but any chance of Forgetting Sarah Marshall being a biopic crawled back into it's hole and died when someone as ugly as that holds sway over ladies like that.

As a character, as in personality, he wasn't even that nice so it wasn't like he had his personality going for him.

Yeah but they fell in love with his personality...it happens apparently.

Plus he (Segal) deserves credit for Muppet Van Helsing. Awesome.

Yeah but they fell in love with his personality...it happens apparently.

But he was a twat. Kristen Bell explains that she went to therapists, she read books, she talked to her mum and other people about trying to figure out what was wrong and he didn't pay any attention.

God knows why she wanted him back after revealing that.

He only seems humbled when he got dumped.

Actually the more I think about it the less the characters hold up. Kristen Bell was painted as a bitch but she really wasn't and then she has this bizarre change of mind where she wants him back? Just doesn't make sense.