NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

About Children of Men:

I found the plot to be... really crappy. Sure the film was fantastic as was the acting, but the full story of how and why it all happend wasn't even mentioned.

When I first watched I thought something similar, but then I realised, it's not about the story, it's about the characters and the way they connect, taking into account the present situation. Why should they explain something that wich doesn't even matter?

I personally applaud the film. Fantastic directing.

Embarassing story of the week

So before the film came out, I was reading a review in a magazine I think it was...It cited that when Ash came out of the smoke the cinema errupted in applause. So when the film came out over here, and of course at that point in the film, I decided to...well clap...start an applause...(If you've ever seen Not Another Teen Movie you will probably see where this is going) well I was clapping, and no one else joined in...(There were about 10 other people in the cinema) so yeah...I felt pretty foolish and slowly sinked down in my seat. So young...so foolish.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: You're a God!

roffle... as if anyone ever starts an applause. FOOL!

I think's it's pretty common in the US to clap at the end of the film (that's what happenned when I saw "Hitch" in Boston, and that was a pretty average).

I think's it's pretty common in the US to clap at the end of the film (that's what happenned when I saw "Hitch" in Boston, and that was a pretty average).

I thought Hitch was pretty great...

...But applaud worthy? (Wait for it) ....Ahhh HELL NO! :bowdown:

it happened when i saw the prem of the 2nd harry potter, the cine/theatre clapped when dobby owned mr malfoy

The only time something like that happened would be Borat, the fight at the end had everybody in the cinema roaring.

it happened when i saw the prem of the 2nd harry potter, the cine/theatre clapped when dobby owned mr malfoy

That also happened when I saw CoS with the school. :laughing:

Actually, they applauded anything that happened. Such as Dumbledore's Pet Phoenix bursting into flames, then being reborn in the ashes. And at every stunt in The Duelling Club scene.

About Children of Men:

I found the plot to be... really crappy. Sure the film was fantastic as was the acting, but the full story of how and why it all happened wasn't even mentioned.

it's all there if you look and listen well enough- global social meltdown, nuclear war, pandemic flu outbreaks and massive pollution over about 25 years of so have created a dying, fascist England that the characters all live in. I liked that they treat the horror with such apathy- it shows how used to it they are. After all, why would they spend time talking about something, the only thing, that's left for anyone? it's just their reality and how they deal with it.

Pokemon The First Movie.

Only the second time i have ever watched it! i think... :) (the first being when it came out in the cinemas :D)

It gets 5 and a half Bears out of 7 for bringing back some great childhood memories. :grin:

It was most entertaining. :yay:

This actually isn't that bad. I'm biased towards old school pokemon but it's by far the best of the movies;)

Yeah the first movie is really cool.

Paprika

Freaking brilliant, Satoshi Kon for the win! It's like an orgasm of the senses.

Stuck On You

Eurgh, was like watching kids go "HA you have a bogie on your cheek. HA you eat poo." etc etc

Although it kept me watching for some odd reason.

3/10

Stuck On You

Eurgh, was like watching kids go "HA you have a bogie on your cheek. HA you eat poo." etc etc

Although it kept me watching for some odd reason.

3/10

this indeed was a very crap film. It had it's moments but just was boring simply

For Your Eyes Only

Good Roger Moore Bond movie, bit disappointed with the bad guy. 8/10

Octopussy

Currently watching, great Bond movie with a better bad guy. 9/10

Planet Terror

Artistic looks, half-decent story, some stupidly over the top moments (in a fantastic kind of way) and good action.

8/10

The Thing

(with Kurt Russell)

Watched it last night, on ITV4.

Only caught it about an hour into the film, so I was behind, but you quickly get pulled up to speed with whats happening.

Enjoyed it, some parts of it remind me of Alien. Definitely has that John Carpenter feel to it.

8/10

Pokemon The First Movie.

Only the second time i have ever watched it! i think... :) (the first being when it came out in the cinemas :D)

It gets 5 and a half Bears out of 7 for bringing back some great childhood memories. :grin:

I just watched Mewtwo Returns! O_o

It deserves a pr0 rating of 7/10.

Yesterday i watched Pokemon The Second Movie (the one with Lugia)

5 Bears out of 7! :D not quite as good as the first one but still Awesome :awesome:

The Thing

Enjoyed it, some parts of it remind me of Alien. Definitely has that John Carpenter feel to it.

8/10

Such a fun film, if a little stupid lol, and yeah, I was saying to my dad yesterday that it reminded me of Alien, a lot, it's essentially the same premise, but without aliens or spaceships. Kurt Russell is such a legend.

A lot of people started to cheer during Rocky, though that's pretty obvious why.

Yesterday i watched Pokemon The Second Movie (the one with Lugia)

5 Bears out of 7! :D not quite as good as the first one but still Awesome :awesome:

And I just watched Jirachi: Wish Maker!

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. 7 Pimpsmacks out of a 10 beating.

Is that the 4th movie? i have the third one to watch before that! :D

just getting that now.. better be good:D

Is that the 4th movie? i have the third one to watch before that! :D

the fourth one is pokemon 4ever i believe i think this is the fifth one if we are to take mewtwo returns as the 3.5 one

just getting that now.. better be good:D

the fourth one is pokemon 4ever i believe i think this is the fifth one if we are to take mewtwo returns as the 3.5 one

Okay Thanks. :) i have the third and fourth movie to watch before Wish Maker. :D

Is the fourth the one with celebi? i have only seen the first three!

Okay Thanks. :) i have the third and fourth movie to watch before Wish Maker. :D

Is the fourth the one with celebi? i have only seen the first three!

actually i think it could be the 6th.. really not sure now ha

Pokemon The First Movie.

Oh that reminds me. Me and my friend made this most awesome plan.

Early next year were going hold a pokemon marathon, watch every single pokemon episode and every pokemon movie just for the heck of it!

I am most excited