NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back.

Great special effects, super cheesy and super cheesy characters like Lando and Han. The best of the original three movies by far.

9/10.

For a Few Dollars More

Another Clint Eastwood Spaghetti-Western classic. I personally prefer the other two but it is still class.

7/10

The Pianist. A jewish piano player miraculously survives the nazi onslought admidst the ruins of Warzawa. Great movie, great visuals.

8 / 10

A Cock And Bull Story

Was expecting something simillar to Extras, but it wasn't bad I suppose. Was quite confusing, just like the book i'd imagine. Had the odd funny moment with Coogan and Brydon, and a funny scene that would make some 5 yr olds think twice about where they wee wee again.

5.5/10

Children of Men. 9/10. Best film of the last two years (not like that says much.) Visually stunning direction and post apocalyptic dystopic sets. Great movie. Good ending too.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Everyone knows about it's excellent fight scenes, and I love the whole complicated storyline and script as well. It also looked fantastic, as in it was just great to look at in terms of cinematography and special effects and all. It is primarily a romance film, which I'm not usually too bothered about, but never-the-less, a great film

9/10

The Last of the Mohicans

Set during the french-indian wars in North America in the 1750's, the film starts with a dying tribe known as the Mohicans with an adopted white (Daniel Day Lewis) reluctantly take sides with the British to make it to the fort, as the film goes on, a relationship deepens with Lewis and a British colonel's daughter. What made me keep watching was the general historical background (which I am interested in in films, by the way) and then stunning battle scenes. The plot, though, never really interested me a lot and was actually quite boring; probably because it is an adaption of a Victorian novel, which to me, never really were that interesting. But despite that...

7/10

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring.

I love this film, and I don't think I need to tell you why. 10/10.

Two Towers tonight, possibly.

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring.

I love this film, and I don't think I need to tell you why. 10/10.

Two Towers tonight, possibly.

I just watched the first half of that today (again), am going to watch the rest tonight.

I agree a 10/10.

Last of the Mohicans 7 out of 10?

WHAT???

It should at least get 9/10 because of the great shout at your telly ending (Dont jump you stupid b!tch he is comming for you! Oopps there she goes, the silly cow!) and iconic music!

White Chicks

Thought i was going to hate this! BUT it was hilarious! Not my sort of film normally, but i haven't laughed at many comedy films at all, and this did the trick. Cheered me up after another shitty day!

9/10

Dreamcatcher

What ashame. The whole idea of the story was very good, but overall? Well i haven't really got a opinion on it. I can't put my finger on why i didn't like it that much, but it didn't do alot for me....

6/10

When A Stranger Calls

Heck. Don't call me, i call you. Seriously this film is edge of your sit stuff. I was expecting more gore BUT it uses scares much more. Loved it. Odd feel to it, too!

8/10

American Haunting

Nearly had a heart attack at least 3 times in this film (jump out moments) but overall? Well i've seen it all before, nothing new.

7/10

Clerks II.

Started off quite badly, would've been better not to show the Quickstop burning down but to just start off with them working at Mooby's and have Dante and Randal make reference to the burned down Quickstop. Anyway, when it eventually cut to the chase it was quite brilliant, Smith definately still has a great sense of comic timing.

Last 20 minutes was just a load of sentimental crap though. Smith's gone soppy since he had a child. He's officially a wuss. A funny wuss, but a wuss nonetheless.

6/10, I'd say.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre...

9/10 :D

Finally, a horror film where the bad guy actually runs and doesn't just walk after everyone (e.g. Michael Myers in Halloween..all 10 of em!)

Lucky Number Slevin

What a great movie, Bruce Willis and Josh Hartnett for the win!

Cypher

A brilliant independent film from the director of Cube - Vincenzo Natali.

It's about a guy who get's brainwashed by a company to become a sleeper against but manages to get out of the process and is then used by the other company as a spy. Slowly he starts to doubt who he actually is.

Jeremy Northam plays his role absolutely brilliantly. It's very interesting to see how much his character changes during the film. The rest of the cast is also very well and the music and direction is superb. Everything is in cold colours and there are many close shots. It really gives it a surreal feeling and of classic espionage films.

The end is a bit predictable though.

9/10

and another one:

V for Vendetta

That film has kept growing on me ever since I left the cinema with mixed feelings. The dialog has lots of cool lines and quotes and the the story how a Fachist regime got into power seems believeable. Also I like how they portrayed the society. It's not like everyday life is erased and everyone hates the government but everyone tries to get along and it takes somebody to stand up.

Also the sub-plots are facinating like V seeing himself as Montague (sp?) and Hugo Weaving portrays the Rebel very well. He gives him a lot of character through his movement with body and head alike and the tone of his voice. After all you can't rely on facial expressions if you wear a mask.

The other roles are also very well casted. Especially John Hurt and Natalie Portman deserve to be mentoined.

And I really like that quote.

"People should not be afraid of their government. The Government should be afraid of its people."

9.5/10

High School Musical

BRILLIANT film I loved it!!!

Vanessa Anne Hudgins is beautiful :P the whole cast was brilliant and really enjoyed it!

Deserves a BIG 10/10

Since by last review, I have wathced (again) the extended twin towers and return of the king, both get 10/10 of course. Also the extended rotk is well worth it with 50 mins axtra, much more to offer than the extended fotr.

Snow Cake -

Not so much an examination of autism, more of a half-baked set of character studies with an autistic person involved. Messy, dull, cliched script and half-hearted direction. Generally a bit pants.

3/10

Last Action Hero -

Arnie at his prime starring in that rare oddity, a genuinly funny and exciting action comedy, which also manages to be highly imaginative and only stops just short of even being thought provoking.

Danny - "You really think you're funny don't you?"

Jack (Arnie) - "Of course I'm funny, I'm the famous comedian Arnold Brownschwagger!"

9/10

Last Action Hero -

Arnie at his prime starring in that rare oddity, a genuinly funny and exciting action comedy, which also manages to be highly imaginative and only stops just short of even being thought provoking.

Danny - "You really think you're funny don't you?"

Jack (Arnie) - "Of course I'm funny, I'm the famous comedian Arnold Brownschwagger!"

9/10

I got that for my birthday, I should probably get round to seeing it.

Since by last review, I have wathced (again) the extended twin towers and return of the king, both get 10/10 of course. Also the extended rotk is well worth it with 50 mins axtra, much more to offer than the extended fotr.

I watched Disc 1 of Two Towers on Tuesday and Disc 2 on Wednesday. Didn't start ROTK last night as I was watching Extras and Mitchell and Webb.

Anyway, Two Towers = Brilliant. Fantastic battle at the end. 10/10.

Battle Royale

Powerful, shocking, and one that could only of come from Japanese cinema.

As uncomfortable as I felt watching it, it was an absolute masterpiece, and a one of a kind that has a massive impact on your views,understanding and emotions on friendship, innocence and trust.

9/10

Batman (1989)

Brilliant, puts the other 3 in the saga to shame, and I actually prefer it to Batman Begins. Need I say more?

11/10 (Note: Thats not a typo).

Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back.

Great special effects, super cheesy and super cheesy characters like Lando and Han. The best of the original three movies by far.

9/10.

Something I've been thinking about: Should I let my daughter watch the original three or the newer three first? I'm undecided, but leaning towards the original three first.