Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the Above Poster's Avatar and Signature

Smalldude76

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but GIMP is free. I suggest trying some of the tutorials linked in this sticky. This wasn't really the thread for that question, but I am fixing teh damag3 :)

So to get the thread back on track, Minihobbssbchchwhatever: I like the graphic, the abstract look, the uniqueness, but not the font. It's not a bad font per se, but it seems to be mishaped in some places, like it wasn't meant to be that small. So cos of the font it only gets a 7/10.

Now, do your worst to me for my signature is plain ;_;

So to get the thread back on track, Minihobbssbchchwhatever: I like the graphic, the abstract look, the uniqueness, but not the font. It's not a bad font per se, but it seems to be mishaped in some places, like it wasn't meant to be that small. So cos of the font it only gets a 7/10.

The font is supposed to be like that. The only thing I found difficult when creating that sig, was matching a font. Did you have any suggestions?

Emasher, your sig is simple and stylish, good font used and gradient.

7/10

fex, please rate the sig above yours when you post, that's how the thread works :) Cleveland_Jr and mcj metroid would no doubt also like feedback ;)

In response to your question, you should just mess about with it to see if you can make it look any tighter - try different font sizes and shapes - personally I don't like how that font works on the "X", or the size of the font and/or stroke - but that's just my taste and messing with it may or may not improve it towards your original aim. If you achieved what you were after in your head then that's a good enough finished product :) Did you use a brush for the splatter effect?

Mind if I rate the ones Fex missed? Just to keep the ball rolling.

Cleveland_Jr: 6/10 - I'm not familiar with Photobucket, so I'm guessing its an edited error message or something. It's just a bit...meh, to me. (If the dark nipple people thing is a reference to something, I apologise for not knowing it).

mcj metroid: 7/10 - Nice effects, but it looks a bit cluttered to me. And the d in MCJ Metroid is hard to read.

fex: 7/10 - A decent effort, and very simple. A lot of empty space at the right though. Not sure if there's need for it.

Shorty: 8/10 - Really nice. I think the "Ayanami" text (plus whatever the text says below it) could be a bit less transparent, but aside from that, great job as always.

Anyways, yeah, after a year or so I finally get my sig and avatar replaced. So, err, feel free to rate it. The sig I mean.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!