N-Europe

Post everytime you complete a game.

|Laguna|

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

mario kart ds: great great game, loads of replay value especially if you have as many friends with the game as i do!!! wifi is a bit basic but still fun and mission mode is annoying but addictive!!! grrrr

overall a brilliant one player game made infinatly beter if you have wifi or even better if you have 7 friends with the game :D

94/100

the legend of zelda: the wind waker:

great game if your new the series and a lil underwhelming if your an old timer. i loved it even though it is easier and a lil more tedious than other zelda's its art style makes it more emotional (i actually cried twice in the game because of links grandmother :'( ) and involving. its a visual feast and a great adventure for everyone to enjoy-a real beginers guide to zelda!

on my way though it again just because the boss fights where so much fun and the ending is very pretty and i love the credits! lol

95/100

The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

Awesome game, the graphics are awesome and so is the music. Smart dungeon design and challenging. The main quest is short, but sweet, still, there are lots of sidequests.

Call of Duty 2

Really great game in every aspect, but it's another WWII FPS!

• 2 weeks later...

Pikmin 2. I haven't completed it quite yet, though I nearly have.

The main beef I've got with the game is that the President should have a Yellow light, HAHAHA. And they've taken some things out I liked that were in the 1st game.

I'd give it an 8+ to 9-

High 8 - Low 9

Grabbed by the Ghoulies

2 days after finishing Conker... finished the other Rare Xbox game after playing it sporadically for the last 2 years. My file was only 7 hours long but it felt much longer due to the repetition of the game and feelings in Chapter 3 of "when's it gonna end??" and the last boss was one of the most annoying ever. It was an amusing concept but pretty average effort from Rare.

6/10

• 1 month later...

Super Metroid

Such a solid game. Lots of atmosphere, great graphics and just general killer design with the animation, moves levels and music. This is definately one of the best SNES game out there. For some reason though both of the GBA games felt totally inferior to this.

9/10

Completely forgot about this thread, so I'll post games from last week.

Pikmin- People always talk about its length but that wasn't an issue with me at all. I loved the sense of urgency in the game, rushing to find a part and get as much done in a day as possible because of the time limit. Great game better than the 2nd imo.

9/10

Pikmin 2- I didn't like the whole treasure thing as much as the 1st. Also no time limit meant if you got something wrong you could spend days growing loads of Pikmin. Still great and has a few points over the 1st.

8/10

Super Monkey Ball- I'll never do the master mode but as far as i'm concerned i've completed this game. Expert was a bitch, but I was determined to do it. Can't wait for Monkey Ball on Wii now.

9/10

Just recompleted Chrono Trigger, got the Carnival Ending after fighting Lavos in 1000AD...My old files got deleted ages ago, so I now have to go and do it again and get all the other endings...good thing is though, I get to start it on level 60. Ohh yeeah.

Just to reiterate: Best game ever.

completed Chibi Robo.. short but sweet

Should have waited and not paid full price

Not many copies have been made available in this country, had you have waited you'd have probably ended up paying more on eBay.

Just completed PoP: Warrior Within...the last boss is a BITCH! I think the combat this time around was a lot more fun and much more tolerable than in Sands of Time - there's no blocked hallways filled with legions of undead that take at least half an hour to kill, all exactly in the same way, but to counteract this, the platforming sections were less innovative, or complex in comparison. Overall though, it's one of my favourite games.

Can this thread be about any games, not just gamecube games?

Well anyway, i'm gonna talk about how much i enjoyed completing Metal Gear Solid 2 on Hard difficulty.

Since i have completed the game before i skipped many of the less interesting sences, and the ones which are longer than half an hour.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is a very accomplished game, nothing in it feels un-finished or un-polished it seems as though it has been made the way Hideo Kojima wanted it.

That being said the game does not have the impact the original did, there are some new nice elements in the game such as hanging from railings and i hiding in lockers but i'm not too sure about the first person view, especially with a handgun out FPS just doesn't seem to work in Metal Gear Solid. I think this is mainly because that you have to stay still while in FPS and then have to return to thrid person to move to a better vantage point so you can kill some of the enemies.

Personally i have no problem with Raiden being the main character of the game, i believe Kojima added him so there would be something fresh to the story. But unfortunately the story is overly complicated for the average gamer (not to say they're stupid), but that Kojima may have thought he was being too clever and that in fact the plot becomes a bit of a mess towards the end e.g.

Raiden is not a woman!!!

In Hard mode the game becomes a bit tedious, the fact that gaurds can see futher than their cone displays, and sometimes their routines make it impossible to do something without being caught. But the main problem is instead of making Metal Gear Ray harder to kill instead the game gives you 12 to kill while three are attacking you at one time.

Still though for its faults Metal Gear Solid 2 is an amazing game which is still one of the best titles of this generation in my opinion.

Still i cannot bring myself to give it 9 out of 10 so instead it gets:

8.9/10

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!