NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase (21st February 2024 @ 14:00 GMT)

2x1_nswitchds_pennysbigbreakaway_image1600w.620x0.webp

Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase 21/02/2024 Roundup

Now up on the main page.

Joint effort roundup article, featuring an excellent, detailed writeup by @Josh64

(plus some useful time-stamps for each title in the video)

And the usual formatted press release.

A decent direct overall. :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, S.C.G said:

2x1_nswitchds_pennysbigbreakaway_image1600w.620x0.webp

Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase 21/02/2024 Roundup

Now up on the main page.

Joint effort roundup article, featuring an excellent, detailed writeup by @Josh64

(plus some useful time-stamps for each title in the video)

And the usual formatted press release.

A decent direct overall. :peace:

N-Europe Partner Post Mates. 

• Thanks 4

Damn. I need Switch 2... in 2027 on the condition nothing else comes out except what's officially known.

13 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I know right? finally! maybe we'll get the Donkey Kong Country games and Goldeneye next time...

¬_¬

Perhaps even JFG if we behave ourselves.

• Weird 1

5 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Damn. I need Switch 2... in 2027 on the condition nothing else comes out except what's officially known.

Perhaps even JFG if we behave ourselves.

Brother you be trippin'

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Grounded & Pentinent : first time seeing these. First impression was a grimace. If this is what other consoles have maybe they should keep them. But I'll keep an open mind and do some homework on them over time.
Ender Magnolia: Not my cup of tea but looks good nonetheless.
Arranger: Looks cool! Drew a nod from me when he said "handcrafted dungeons."
Unicorn Overlord: Forgot about this because, seeing it again, it looks forgettable to me. Will need to have a look at the demo.
MH Stories: Liked the demo on 3DS. Not especially fond of 3DS games coming after they fomo'd us with the eShop closure. But that's business. Should've said, "Now fully voiced and in... TWO D."
Epic Mickey: Enjoyed on the Wii despite it's shortcomings. Annoyed at myself for being open to picking it again.
SMT V Vengeance: A long time coming. Would like to have the willpower to skip it. 
Battlefront: had a few 2-player sessions on this/these on Playstation 2. Unsatisfying gameplay. 
South Park: Snow Day: looks cool.
Sword Art Online: Looks nice. I'm in no way well-versed in these.
Gundam Breaker 4: yep, another one that looks cool.
Monkey Bollocks: just the kind of thing I wanted from the showcase—games for the fans, not for me. Then my eyes lit up at the 20-player clips.
World of Goo 2: good to see it live on.
Fantasy Life: good to see it pop up.
Another Crab's Treasure: looks cool.
Penny's Big Breakaway: looks iffy. No doubt decent.
Suika update: yes! Get it back on game trial. Suika 99 coming next.
Pepper Grinder: still looking cool.
Pocket Card Jockey: enjoyed it on 3DS.
Snufkin: everyone loves the moomins!
Tales of Kenzaru: would like to know more.
Demon Slayer Sweep the Board: curious what this entails.
Kingdom Come Deliverance: looks all right.
Contra: classic.
Rare NSO: I felt a twinge of emotion at the KI music. Really nice that they added these without the drip feed. For a split second, I thought borders were coming with the way the crossfade was done.
Endless Ocean: liked it well enough on Wii. Need to learn what this one offers exactly because some group dives could be fun.

Overall, just a handful of games I'd write-off. The polar opposite of what I wanted.

"In this presentation we'll be focusing on Nintendo Switch games launching in the first half of 2024." Then just say coming this spring for those undated 2024 games, eh? Relieved Fantasy Life is October. Don't need it this side of summer.

2 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Brother you be trippin'

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

• Like 1
  • Weird 1

10 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Fantasy Life: good to see it pop up.

Demon Slayer Sweep the Board: curious what this entails.

I've seen a gameplay video for Sweep the Board, it's literally Mario Party. If I was more of a fan of the series I might've considered it

Fantasy Life I felt confused about the structure, you go to the past, to steal stuff to build in the future?! Why cut down a tree in its infancy to build a bench in the present, let that tree grow and harvest the lumber when it's huge, or have you build something in the past so it's there in the present... Am I missing a trick here...

27 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I've seen a gameplay video for Sweep the Board, it's literally Mario Party. If I was more of a fan of the series I might've considered it

Fantasy Life I felt confused about the structure, you go to the past, to steal stuff to build in the future?! Why cut down a tree in its infancy to build a bench in the present, let that tree grow and harvest the lumber when it's huge, or have you build something in the past so it's there in the present... Am I missing a trick here...

I don't get a lot of mileage out of Mario Party. Though from the showcase it looked like it could offer some frantic fun. 

Not sure how to best describe Fantasy Life. It's an action sort of RPG where jobs/classes are called lives. I'd a good time with the one on 3DS which is why I'm up for this one by default even if I'm not convinced about decorating another island after Animal Crossing. Cautiously optimistic.

17 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I don't get a lot of mileage out of Mario Party. Though from the showcase it looked like it could offer some frantic fun. 

I can't help but find it pretentious when someone keeps speaking the full title of the show. You know no one ever says it, save your syllables and say Demon Slayer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Monkey Bollocks: just the kind of thing I wanted from the showcase—games for the fans, not for me. Then my eyes lit up at the 20-player clips.

That’s an entirely different game right there folks. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I can't help but find it pretentious when someone keeps speaking the full title of the show. You know no one ever says it, save your syllables and say Demon Slayer

That was an irritating listen. Yeah, looks like it would be slow going. Wonder if there'll be a demo to try out a selection of the mini games.

Somehow, none of my predictions came true :nono:

But it was a pretty solid showing:

• Gonna try out the demos for Pepper Grinder and Unicorn Overlord;
  • The 5 Rare games are games I have never really played, so to my NSO backlog they go;
  • Penny looks good, though my priorities are elsewhere right now (same thing goes for Another Crab, really);
  • Pretty cool to see Epic Mickey return, honestly. Wishlisted;
  • I already have Pocket Card Jockey on the 3DS, so I won't repurchase it, but it's really dang good!;
  • Monkey Ball, Endless Ocean, and MH Stories aren't my cup of tea, but I'm happy they're there.

All in all, pretty decent.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 1

On 20/02/2024 at 6:36 AM, bob said:

I reckon some sort of Minions game will be announced.

Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley

Did I say Minions? Autocorrect.

I meant Moomins of course.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Somehow, none of my predictions came true :nono:

But it was a pretty solid showing:

• Gonna try out the demos for Pepper Grinder and Unicorn Overlord;
  • The 5 Rare games are games I have never really played, so to my NSO backlog they go;
  • Penny looks good, though my priorities are elsewhere right now (same thing goes for Another Crab, really);
  • Pretty cool to see Epic Mickey return, honestly. Wishlisted;
  • I already have Pocket Card Jockey on the 3DS, so I won't repurchase it, but it's really dang good!;
  • Monkey Ball, Endless Ocean, and MH Stories aren't my cup of tea, but I'm happy they're there.

All in all, pretty decent.

I recommend bringing in a friend for Snake Rattle n Roll, it's two player bit munching fun about getting fat enough to leave the level.

And you can lick a foot to death. Need I say more...

35 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I think you may need to say more.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, bob said:

Don't listen to him, @EEVILMURRAY

Please say less. 

please :blank:

• Haha 1

He doesn't call himself hear no-, see no-, speak no EEVILMURRAY for nothing.

On 22/02/2024 at 12:17 PM, darksnowman said:

Tales of Kenzaru: would like to know more.

Know more. Metroidvania = to the discard pile with it.

Played the Pepper Grinder demo. We've got a live one here.

9 hours ago, bob said:

I don't want to spoil the whole game for you! If you go in the water they play a Jaws-esque theme plays with a massive black gaping hole biting at you. Get on it people.

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

Yeah. Is it the right or left foot?

I think the sprite gets mirrored, but I'm thinking the right... ?

6 hours ago, Julius said:

Don't listen to him, @EEVILMURRAY

Please say less. 

please :blank:

I know the feeling, you want to uncover the secrets for yourself. Go seek

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I mean, yeah, is this only in Multiplayer? Why is it "foot" instead of "feet"? These matters are never discussed in articles.

14 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Played the Pepper Grinder demo. We've got a live one here.

Indeed, that was a good one. Instantly wishlisted.

Unicorn Overlord I tried for significantly less time, as I've just lost a lot of patience with RPG demos. I just wanted to check the general gameplay loop and feel, and that was enough to impress me. Wishlisted as well.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I mean, yeah, is this only in Multiplayer? Why is it "foot" instead of "feet"? These matters are never discussed in articles.

You can footlick solo :) 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

We may not be getting Mother 3 over here but we get something even better:

NEW NSO PROFILE ICONS

Yeah, but Japan get Mother 3 ones as well, so we lose out even on that!

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, but Japan get Mother 3 ones as well, so we lose out even on that!

Oh geez, I didn't realise that :laughing: But perhaps it's best I don't pour even more salt on the wound! (That's my excuse to not go back and edit rn LOL, but I will add it when I'm back on the front page later for more news!)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this