N-Europe

Download Festival 06

Din

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tool wtf is that all about they arnt big enough..only heard one song of theres in the past...hopefully theres a band i like on the "snickers stage" or "scuzz stage" at end of the friday.

Tool - Dont think ill be seeing these (disappointed its not a bigger band)

Metallica - Saw them 2 years ago walked off after few songs...had to wait nearly 2 hours for them to come on and in that time got really bored. Will stay for whole set this time.

Guns and roses - CANT WAIT!! gunna wear my guns and roses t-shirt and will be singing along etc i love them

Prodigy - been a fan for over 10 years (this is main band i wanna see)

Korn - seen twice and will be seeing them again :D

Deftones - love them...got all the albums

trivium - there new song is pretty decent but will have to hear more of them before i decide weather to watch them or not

bullet for my valentine - saw them at download few years back and they rocked! gunna see them again

cradle of filth - HELL NO!! goth crap

aiden - never heard of, will have to download a few tracks

lucuna coil - seen them before didnt like it

stone sour - saw at 03 festival loved them cant wait

36 crazyfists - ace live gunna see again

soulfly - !! at last i get to see them live (got told by mates they amzing live)

archenemy - not a fan

eightteen visions - seen them supporting lost prophets were pretty crap

inme - great last year gunna see again

blood simple - never heard of

within temptation - never heard of

hatebreed - sucks

clutch - never heard of

soilwork - never heard of

tomy surprise - never heard of

When Metallica and Prodigy were confirmed I had such high hopes....When "Guns N Roses" was confirmed I was like :\....now tool as the 3rd headliner?

'uck awf.

tool rule!! omg!! does nobody like them?

Guns N Roses....hmm, just axl lol! they are gonna get booed off, i can guarantee, most the crowd will chant for velvet revolver! i couldnt care less bout GnR! :shakehead

i am amazed how poor the reaction to tool is! i can't wait to see them, probably the band im most excited about seeing.

i think guns n' roses will probably be very disapointing, ill probaby go to the snickers stage after a while, unles ts him or someone playing there

Tool are easily one of, if not the most influential metal band of all time. The whole nu-metal movement merely copied Adam Jones' D-tuned riffs. Danny Carey too is one of the most technically and artistically proficient drummers in the world. Their compositions are truly unparalled. I would do anything for them to come play in Ireland. You don't know how lucky you are people! A post ...And Justice For All Metallica and a laughably bad "Guns 'N Roses"(if you can call it that) don't deserve to be on the same stage as Tool. It's that simple. If you like good music listen to Tool, if you want aural abortions listen to whatever the hell crap band are doing the rounds at the moment.

Tool are a great band technically. They have one hell of a drummer, that's for sure. But the main reason i don't like tool all that much is the fact that every song is an epic. I'm not using that lightly either. If they shortened their songs, then i would listen to them a hell of a lot more.

I'm hoping to get my ticket for this soon, once I got the cash. Here's my view on the lineup...

Tool - Not reallt heard thier stuff, so can't say...

Metallica - They're okay. Seeing them will prolly b good

Guns and roses - Hmmmmm....

Prodigy - Yay! Should be great!

Korn - Kick ass, gota see them!

Deftones - Heard a few tracks, they seem good

Trivium - Awesome! Seeing them a week today at Birmingham Academy too! ^^

Bullet for My Valentine - great band, should b kewl

cradle of filth - Hmmmmmm....

Aiden - Heard a few tracks, seem quite good so far!

Lacuna Coil - Can't wait, great band! *Plus Christina Scabbia = hottest woman in rock!*

Stone Sour - Nice!

36 crazyfists - Not seen before or heard much. Seems good

Soulfly - From waht I've heard it's all great

Archenemy - Not heard of...

Eightteen Visions - Not heard tracks

Inme - quite kool

Blood Simple - Who now....?

Within Temptation - Nice!

Hatebreed - okish

Clutch - Hehe, yay!

Soilwork - Not heard tracks...

tomy surprise - Errr, who!?

Tool are a great band technically. They have one hell of a drummer, that's for sure. But the main reason i don't like tool all that much is the fact that every song is an epic. I'm not using that lightly either. If they shortened their songs, then i would listen to them a hell of a lot more.

That's a fair point. However I must add that the majority of the songs off of Opiate and Undertow aren't that long. Maybe you'd like those rather than Aenima and Lateralus (the more progressive stuff).

That's a fair point. However I must add that the majority of the songs off of Opiate and Undertow aren't that long. Maybe you'd like those rather than Aenima and Lateralus (the more progressive stuff).

I'll try and have a listen at some of that stuff then. :)

Tool? good god.

I like the fact that they are epic. I like the fact that they are Tool. The very fact that they are appearing in the public is so exciting. That's tool. It's like finding an endangered species or something! Tool are beautiful, jjust be gld they exist... and listen to other stuff in the mean time :P (yeah, i like them).

• 2 weeks later...

Soz to bump but saves making new thread.....

more bands got announced last night

Alice in Chains

All american rejects

Alter Bridge

Coheed and cambria

Engerica

FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND!!! :D

Ginger and the sonic circus

God forbid

Protest the hero

Sikth :)

Zebrahead

cant wait now :D....got my ticket today

always love the trip to sainsburys with a few mates as we bombard the drinks section and take away aload of booze :D

didnt have to buy much last year as my dad got me a load of stella from the brewery he works at

funeral for a friend and sikth it just keeps getting better and better :D

i'm delighted coheed have been annouced, as i saw them recently and loved it.

i saw funeral for a friend last november and just dont see what the fuss is about, as they are so generic with little stage presence.

i am pleased about sikth, as i had been planning on going to their birmingham barfly gig, but now i dont need to bother.

in all, its a good line up, with some very nice suprises. im really looking forward to it.

Saturday is gonna be a violent night! Trivium then KoRn then Metallica! I like all 3 bands especially KoRn. Gonna push to the front during Trivium so I get a good view of KoRn and then when they finish get a much needed drink. I'll try to get as close as possible when Metallica is on but its gonna be hard.

The only major violence I remember from last year was when SOAD abrubtly finished their set and everyone got pissed off so they decided to tear down the 15 ft metal barriers. Good stuff. Looking forward to this year though, at least 9 bands I want to see. Korn, Soulfly, Trivium, Metallica and God Forbid always put on good live shows.

Metallica are ace live, prodigy should be good, Guns N Roses used to be good but its not GnR without slash is it and axl rose is a cock. No other bands that good really, wouldnt mind seein deftones. There should be some quality bands like Primus playing.

Im sick of these shitty new emo bands, they should go away and die a horrible slow death. Im probably off to reading, because Pearl Jam are supposed to be playing and havent played here for 6 years.

lol at AAR..

My mate has bought me a ticket and refuses to accept a 'no' so i guess i'm going.

Zebrahead! they were my first gig. will totally have to see them! Eighteen Visions I liked but never saw, so cool. Coheed and Cambria i will want to see.

My girlfriend wants me to go to reading festival so it could be a packed summer music-wise, considering i haven't seen any bands since jimmy eat world last march. Cool beans!