Atomic Boo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many during the late 80's early 90's the toys i loved were:

Star Wars toys

MASK (i loved the petrol station base thingy and the red car)

Transformers

Thundercats

Ghostbusters

Turtles

Basic matchstick cars (had loads of those)

Lego (i still love lego now!)

Thats about it really, was never really into He-man.

I always wanted the latest action figure, the best scaelectrics track. i remember being mesmorized by hotweels and also the power ranger cars that form together to make a huge boss dude.

come to think of it my batmobile was a huge favourite. whats also funny is that i learnt to spell all the thomas the tank engine trains names before my own name! (matt if you didnt know)

Like many during the late 80's early 90's the toys i loved were:

Star Wars toys

MASK (i loved the petrol station base thingy and the red car)

Transformers

Thundercats

Ghostbusters

Turtles

Basic matchstick cars (had loads of those)

Lego (i still love lego now!)

Thats about it really, was never really into He-man.

I was very similar except unlike most others here I didn't like Lego very much. Sticklebricks on the other hand were often lying around on my bedroom floor. Mainly I was into Star wars, Transformers, Thundercats, GoBots (Transformer rip-off) and Visionaries.

My favourites were:

power rangers and there magazords, i also had white rangers sword :)

Action man, i'll always remember the one with the skates because he could slide down ropes :) And the one with the parachute because he was indestructable! He survived being thrown out of many a second story window.

Toy story, buzz and woody action men (buzz was the best he had wings)

Same as most here - lego, turtles, transformers, scalextric, etc. Heavy into WWF wrestlers too, had the ring and everything.

I was really big into Mighty Max though, I had all of the big sets, most of the big "head" playsets and most of the little shrunken heads which I bought from Woolworths every weekend with my pocket money. I remember I was the envy of my friends because my parents bought me Magus from America, ages before it was released in the UK:

mm_magnus_1_crop.jpg

I used to pretend that he was the guardian of Skull Mountain:

mm_mnt_3_crop.jpg

That picture doesn't have the orange cannonball which acts as one of the mountain's "eyes". Lame.

Did no one else love MASK as much as me ?

DVC02642.JPG

EDIT: I found some on ebay :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M-A-S-K-Mask-mega-lot-of-Kenner-Toys_W0QQitemZ6032708915QQcategoryZ16468QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I used to love the petrol station base with the mountain bolder that fell off. There were guns and stuff under it and the petrol thingys span round to also turn into guns!!

Yo yos became cool when I was 10(ish). Does anyone remember Yohanz and his infamous bumble bee yo yo? I have a Pro Yo and an X-Brain. I could do loads of tricks, walk the dog, the scottish flag, the 'cradle', around the world. I'm going to make yo yos popular again.

Everybody my age seemed to have a Fisher Price garage with a handle you could turn to make the cars go up in a lift then *ting* it rolled around the ramp and to the bottom again.

Had loads of he-man stuff, snake mountain, eternia with a monorail that went round it, Hordak's lair (yeah, he was from She-Ra but he was a much better baddy than camp skeletor)