NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Time for a theme night!

Smash To The Beat!

5Yal78l.png

tumblr_nd8kypkPGB1syaay5o1_400.gif

Disclaimer: You don't actually have to time button presses to the music during Smash, that's just dumb.

Theatrhythm is out this month, and has a generous demo available. Of course, the catch is you'll inevitably have to buy the full game if you play it, because you'll crave more, but...

Anyway, tonight, the character roster is restricted to characters that feature in some kind of rhythm game, whether that be a full fledged one like Theatrhythm, or some kind of minigame that has similar gameplay.
I thought this would be quite a small group, but I kept remembering more and more instances of different rhythm situations (Oh god! That Fire Emblem mobile game has one!? But everyone is in that!), and it snowballed, so you're just gonna have to come to terms with the possibility that you won't be able to pick everyone here.

EDIT: Ah, I forgot to mention a few costume restrictions.

Mario - No Builder or Wedding Costume

Hero - 11 style not allowed. (The Default style)

Bowser Jr. - No Koopalings allowed

It's worth noting that because of Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, this is the first time that we've had a Kirby character in a Smash theme night, yet Kirby himself is absent! That's so weird! He's so intrinsically connected to the other 2 Kirby reps in Smash, that I thought it would never happen.

Stages and Items will use the usual setup we play by in most sessions.

Format - Time, 3 minutes
FS Meter - On

Considering how obscure some of these characters are. (@Dcubed informed me that Simon counts, through an incredibly obscure cameo in Pop N' Music) There's a distinct possibility that we've overlooked something, so go ahead and make me feel terrible by pointing them out. I bet Sonic has one somewhere... Go on, @Cube, I dare you!

Spoiler

tumblr_p32wz7sZ5T1s52b0vo6_400.gifv

63XxA5.gif

We only remembered the Subrosian Dance in Zelda at the last minute, you could never tell even if you looked at the character select screen above!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

@Glen-i there's no specific Sonic rhythm game (unless you count figure skating in the Olympic games), however, he does have an unlockable level in Samba De Amigo on Wii.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Cube said:

@Glen-i there's no specific Sonic rhythm game (unless you count figure skating in the Olympic games), however, he does have an unlockable level in Samba De Amigo on Wii.

It counts! Thanks Cube. :)

I'll be playing as Sonic then, in fact, we should probably have an all-sonic match, on a Sonic stage, with Sonic music to make up for this oversight.

Oh well, we Live and Learn. :D(yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah...)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cube said:

Knew I could rely on you.

Seeing as Sonic himself shows up in the game, then yes. That counts. It's too late for me to edit that image so...

Sonic is also allowed tonight.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

First and last matches for Sonic, one match we had two Daisies, Peach and a Fire Emblem character, one match had two Yoshi's...

Some close matches as well, and some really good dodges, counters etc, some of them (most of them?) accidental. and more than a few stage dives. :p

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-80859ea1-ebcb-4f48-affd-e361d3840816-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (04/02/2023)

• Thanks 1

Great games, I actually won a good more this week that I did last week. Some very close matches and a few good sudden death rounds too.

• Thanks 1

My favourite moment was @BowserBasher using Peach's Final Smash, only for me to drop down from the revival platform off screen and blatantly steal his K.O. (It's at the 30 minute, 45 second mark in the recording above)

Just one of those moments where the stars align perfectly for comedy.

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

On 05/02/2023 at 3:47 PM, Glen-i said:

My favourite moment was @BowserBasher using Peach's Final Smash, only for me to drop down from the revival platform off screen and blatantly steal his K.O. (It's at the 30 minute, 45 second mark in the recording above)

Just one of those moments where the stars align perfectly for comedy.

I was so mad at that too, but it was so well done that it only lasted moment then I just had to laugh.

A few double and triple same charatcer matches this week, no quadruples this time though.

Some good Sudden Death matches as well, I was glad to win one of them as Banjo & Kazooie. (Guh-huh!)

(Yes I used side-B as Meta Knight... Yes I went off the edge... what did I learn? Nothing... I'll probably do it again next week) :rolleyes:

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (11/02/2023)

• Thanks 1

Hardly any double, triple or quadrupled-up character selections this week, some good matches though.

Some time-stamps... go to around 17:45 for a slow-motion dodge and K-O, around 21:00 for Jigglypuff shenanigans, and at 35:00 for Zelda dodge-smash.

Oh... and I have to mention the quadruple K-O with a home-run bat from Daisy at the 01:29:00 mark.

Other events were noted in the text chat on the stream, which doesn't always appear in the highlighed video, but it's there this time.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (18/02/2023)

11 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Oh... and I have to mention the quadruple K-O with a home-run bat from Daisy at the 01:29:00 mark.

Yes three of those were me, but I was determined to get that bat off you, albeit being silly and getting hit three times. But it did make for hilarity.

Great games again. Some close ones last night and a few not very close ones. As always Samus always wins and I really do like Pyra.

• Haha 1

Only one or two same double characters this evening, no triple or quadruples.

Some good matches, some not so good ones, and some really close ones.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (25/02/2023)

• Thanks 1

Slipped my mind that this week was a theme night and it's far too late for me to cobble one together.

So Time format in just over 10 minutes.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Slipped my mind that this week was a theme night and it's far too late for me to cobble one together.

So Time format in just over 10 minutes.

The theme will be random picks and Samus always wins 😝 

• Thanks 1

There was a quadruple Isabelle match, it was glorious.

Samus didn't win?!? Dark Samus did win?!? Sonic did his best not to drown in the waters of the Great Bay.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (04/03/2023)

• Thanks 1

There was a double Villager match, Snake had to go back to using CQC attacks and hiding in a box, as projectiles were pocketed.

Also, I got an assist from Rathalos on one of the matches, I think we saw it turn up in a least three matches as well, always fun.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (11/03/2023)

• Thanks 1

@S.C.G dude, I’m glad you’ve joined Smash night, but try to cool it a bit with the camping, please. Especially when it’s 1 v 1 as your just drawing out the match.