NEurope
Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I've seen people suggesting one of the Bananas in Pyjamas, except older and completely nude.

• Confused 1
  • Weird 1

The fact that it's at TGA's makes me swerve wildly from my previous Pokémon Gen 8 prediction last time.

That ain't no Ninty audience, I'm calling third party. If I had to guess, I'll stick with my "FP2 is full of games Glen doesn't like" theory and predict Crash Bandicoot.

I'm putting my money on Master Chief (don't particularly want him though). Relationship with MS is already established with Steve, and I would imagine MS are also trying to rescue Halo Infinite's image after the disastrous reveal, so they'll be there with new footage anyway. Therefor might as well also reveal the Halo collection for Switch. Maths

2 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

I'm putting my money on Master Chief (don't particularly want him though). Relationship with MS is already established with Steve, and I would imagine MS are also trying to rescue Halo Infinite's image after the disastrous reveal, so they'll be there with new footage anyway. Therefor might as well also reveal the Halo collection for Switch. Maths

I'm really not expecting any company outside of Nintendo to make a double appearance on the same Fighter's Pass. Especially not twice in a row.

Edited by Glen-i

Technically doesn't break your rules Glen, though it will be a Microsoft property soon enough, but I think the time is right for the Doom slayer. With Eternal finally coming out for Switch there couldn't be a better time to add them to Smash, it's definitely a series that deserves proper fighter representation. 

I would love for it to be Boxboy though, get some more HAL Labs mascots in there

12 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Technically doesn't break your rules Glen, though it will be a Microsoft property soon enough, but I think the time is right for the Doom slayer. With Eternal finally coming out for Switch there couldn't be a better time to add them to Smash, it's definitely a series that deserves proper fighter representation. 

I would love for it to be Boxboy though, get some more HAL Labs mascots in there

I just want to point out that no-one should ever take what I say as gospel.

It's just that there's a lot of talk that Banjo and Steve were negotiated at around the same time with Microsoft and yet they were both separated into two separate passes. So Master Chief happening straight after Steve just feels wrong to me. (Also no game on a Nintendo console... Yet... It's one of two actual concrete rules that Sakurai has actually said he follows)

Of course, that means Square Enix is defo on the table for this pass, they're big enough to get two DLC characters (Whether they actually play ball is another matter entirely).

Edited by Glen-i

On 30/09/2020 at 7:10 PM, S.C.G said:

I can see it happening, I really can, that's why I'm going to put some energy into the thought that it could be Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia, coming to Smash. :D

I can see the reveal trailer now...

Sword Kirby walks through a large, darkened doorway, into an unknown arena,

Many sword-wielding characters face off against him, in this dark arena,

You only catch a glimpse of them, but you can make them out from small details as they battle it out,

One by one, Kirby takes them all on, and uses their powers against each of them,

Then, as Hero-Kirby approaches the centre of the arena, one unfamiliar swordsman brandishes his sword,

"Give me your name, and I shall give you mine!" states the character... you catch sight of the back of his hand, is that? an Exsphere?!?

*ching!* It lights up, then the whole arena is lit up, fire torches are ablaze and the battleground is revealed, along with the challenger...

Lloyd Irving pledges his swords to Smash!

I'm going to keep putting this out there, until Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia is announced as coming to Smash. :p

Also, let's not forget Rick the Hamster from Kirby who is long overdue as a playable character. :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd shit a brick for (Hollow) Knight as well. Fairly standard character in the FE character mold, but with a simple projectile and an unlimited Dair bounce on contact. Yummy.

• Like 1

If they announced the (Hollow) Knight at the show, Sakurai could include another thirty sword-wielding anime characters and I swear I wouldn't make fun of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

The fact that it's at TGA's makes me swerve wildly from my previous Pokémon Gen 8 prediction last time.

That ain't no Ninty audience, I'm calling third party. If I had to guess, I'll stick with my "FP2 is full of games Glen doesn't like" theory and predict Crash Bandicoot.

Yep, this being revealed at The Game Awards pretty much confirms it’s going to be another safe/popular/rubbish choice. :zzz: Not hyped at all.

OK, reverse psychology engaged... bring on the quirky/unexpected/awesome choice! :heh: 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Sora_03_KHIII.png

It's time.

If only Disney didn't own that character. I can imagine them being even harder to deal with then Square.

Also, Sora should show up in Smash in his original outfit. The cartoon vibe it gives is way better for Smash.

Edited by Glen-i

20 minutes ago, RedShell said:

OK, reverse psychology engaged... bring on the quirky/unexpected/awesome choice! :heh: 

E43D9858F44BD49D6BD1C671CDDA427F451EF8DD

• Like 2

Yeh Sora must be a nightmare to try and get it through the Disney-Square-Enix loops (I can only imagine James Bond being tougher, especially as rumours are Sakurai did want him in one of the earlier games), but I would love to see Sora.

I’ve read the mention that it’s Doom’s anniversary today? Is that right?  People love to reach, but it’s a possibility.  Like already mentioned, surely a 3rd party character going by the audience for the announcement.  My guess is Crash, which isn’t my preference but better than a Fortnite or Overwatch character imo.

*rocks back and forth in the corner of the room*

It'll be Waluigi this time, I know it!

• Haha 4

I could definitely see Doom Guy tbh, especially after all those memes with Isabelle earlier this year

I think it'll be either Crash Bandicoot or Phoenix Wright.

But as per usual, I'll be thinking of Lloyd the entire time.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Going by the comments on the American and European Twitter account, a lot of people are asking for a Fortnite character. Looks like it's a different target audience over there compared to here. ;) Also a couple of shouts for Soma. 

Please NO fortnite character. They can’t even spell fortnight right. 😂 Minecraft dude was a stretch to fit but is a staple gaming character but fortnite is just a shooter and been around for no time at all. It has no place in smash. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Please NO fortnite character. They can’t even spell fortnight right. 😂 Minecraft dude was a stretch to fit but is a staple gaming character but fortnite is just a shooter and been around for no time at all. It has no place in smash. 

This is where I'm at. Fortnite is popular, sure. But it hasn't got that long-time pedigree to it. It hasn't earned it's spot in my eyes, unlike Minecraft.

It needs to get out of that fad phase first.

• Thanks 2

Frankly this one has to be amazing to remove the sour taste from my mouth that the minecraft character left. I'm talking people on my wishlist, like Doom Guy (which.. now I think of it, would actually be a good timing), Lloyd or Travis (yeah I don't care about the mii character :p ). When does that game awards show end? Because frankly I'm not interested in watching it.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

It’s probably Cranky Kong, they like announcing him at these types of events. 

I'd hate fortnite - no real identifiable lead character and not much of a recognizable moveset. BUT, and I hate to admit it, if we're going to celebrate Smash as an anthology of gaming then we have to accept fortnite's culture significance. Even harder to admit may be that we're getting old, and the younger generations have as much right to stake in Smash as us. 

I really hope it not fucking fortnite though. What a hideous clusterfuck of a game.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

I really hope it not fucking fortnite though. What a hideous clusterfuck of a game.

I'm pretty optimistic about every Smash character. I can see the silver lining, even for unpopular schmos like Corrin (Genuinely interesting to play as, much like Robin before him) or Chrom (Echo Fighters don't take nearly as long as new creations, he's also better than Roy anyway). Name any character and I'll tell you what I like about them.

But someone from Fortnite would be the first time in this massive character roster where I wouldn't be able to see the "glass half full" scenario. It just seems like a losing situation and would make me feel bad seeing it on my character screen.

I don't think it's happening though. Far too soon. Come back to me whenever the next Smash entry is out and if Fortnite is still stupid popular, then it'll have a shot.

• Like 2