N-Europe

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

Glen-i

Well, that was an interesting night. Here's the results.

jVHe5S6.png

And here's the current League table.

lQtoo1D.png

Well, first of all, the table paints a pretty disastrous picture at first glance, but everyone's averages actually went up. (Well, except @RedShell, @BowserBasher and me) Yesterday really narrowed the gulf between people. There's a lot of people with the same average as someone else now. @RedShell tying with @Nicktendo, @viceview51 with @Vileplume2000 and @Nintendo Fan with @S.C.G. Super creepy. Amazingly enough, @S.C.G, @Vileplume2000 and I all came first in the third GP. Is that a first in N-E history?

@martinist and @Dcubed return to the League with varying degrees of success. @EEVILMURRAY romps straight into second place with a solid showing in battle despite his complaining. Of course, averages are still fragile at this early stage, so who knows what will happen next week?

Speaking of next week, here's the first Theme night of the year.

Khpdmml.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

BowserBasher

viceview51

Starting the themes with a pretty straight forward one. A setup that no-one really uses, with some different rules thrown into the mix. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to make it this week. So I'll leave the organising in @BowserBasher's and @RedShell's capable hands. @BowserBasher, don't forget to repost the theme image on Thursday and keep track of who is in.

@RedShell, can I count on you to take a picture of the results on each GP? Ta!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

@Glen-i any update on this? At the moment I'm just practising with the Standard Bike and hoping Varmint may appear with coins? But I cannae guarantee the game will bestow upon me the goods.

Aw man, sorry about that, totally slipped my mind.

@BowserBasher is right though, the City Tripper has the same stats.

Just to cover the bases. Monster tires have the same stats as Funky Monster, while the Parafoil matches the Peach Parasol.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, viceview51 said:

Hey @Glen-ithere seems to be an issue with the first GP results. According to my screenshot, I came second and Sam was first, with nicktendo third.

Battle GP's are not determined by the number of points you get in total. It is determined by the placing of each battle.

For example, say you placed 1st in each Battle in the first GP. You'd get 15 points in each battle. Making for a total of 60 points in total. Just like race mode. It doesn't matter how many points you get, as long as you come first, you get the maximum.

This ensures any battle mode can be played in the league without making a massive, unfair, change to the averages. Wouldn't want everyone scoring 70-100 points in a No Items, Coin Runner Battle after all.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1