NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Bayonetta 3 (28th October)

Reggie just dropped the announcement at the Game Awards and showed a teaser for the game! No date but just teased as now in development for the Switch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Oh damn, Platinum dropped the BOMB!! And it is even a Switch exclusive? I can already taste Xbone and PS players' delicious, salty tears :P.

Honestly though, anyone who's surprised by the exclusivity really should have seen it coming.

nintendo_ladies_salute_womens_history_mo

Bayonetta is my favourite Nintendo character!

• Thanks 1

I'm not surprised its an exclusive but I am surprised its coming out at all. Didn't 2 sell pretty poorly?

There IS a God! :D (And Bayonetta just punched it into the sun!)

Sometimes, just sometimes, good things happen to good people.

Best trilogy in gaming? Yup, looks like we’re about to see the birth of it!

11 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I'm not surprised its an exclusive but I am surprised its coming out at all. Didn't 2 sell pretty poorly?

After the Bayo in Smash Bros reveal, it sold pretty well. Smash Bros tends to have that effect

12 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it did, but porting 2 to the Switch is a no-brainer, even at launch when they didn't know if the Switch was going to be the success it is now. Depending on when they started with the development of 3, it may not even been that huge of a gamble.. Switches are selling, Switch games are selling, there's even a market for.. let's call them "mature" games. I don't know if Bayonetta 3 is going to be a huge success, but I'm pretty sure it'll do better than 2. It's not just a small bunch of hardcore Nintendo nerds buying the game now. Even 2 will sell more copies. I can tell you I'll be buying all 3 of them, for the first time.

Edited by Sméagol

I'm not sure if I'll buy it anyway. I absolutely love the style of the Bayonetta games which is why I've bought them multiple times over the years but I get bored of the gameplay so quickly that I've never made it past a few hours. Hopefully I'll finally just be able to say that they aren't for me and not waste my money lol.

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Wouldnt it be the other way around?

Eh? You think Microsoft and Sony would just flat out not have Bayonetta 3? That makes no sense.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Eh? You think Microsoft and Sony would just flat out not have Bayonetta 3? That makes no sense.

Given that other publishers wouldn't touch it you would have thought that MS or Sony could have stepped in if they wanted it. Plus neither game has sold well so its not a given that they would think it was worth it. I just think there's a difference between publishers wanting a game and fans wanting it as of course the vocal fans from those consoles would want the games.

6 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Given that other publishers wouldn't touch it you would have thought that MS or Sony could have stepped in if they wanted it. Plus neither game has sold well so its not a given that they would think it was worth it. I just think there's a difference between publishers wanting a game and fans wanting it as of course the vocal fans from those consoles would want the games.

Oh, you meant in terms of actually publishing it themselves? That makes a bit more sense.

You're right though, it's more the players of the other consoles getting denied, I just found the image amusing.

I have to say though, I am a little bit disappointed there's not a massive meltdown on the scale of the Bayo 2 reveal. It was so incredibly funny. I guess it's a sign that they're a bit more sensible now. (Which is a good thing, don't get me wrong)

Edited by Glen-i

43 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I have to say though, I am a little bit disappointed there's not a massive meltdown on the scale of the Bayo 2 reveal. It was so incredibly funny. I guess it's a sign that they're a bit more sensible now. (Which is a good thing, don't get me wrong)

Or possibly more people have a Switch.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ike said:

Or possibly more people have a Switch.

That's probably the reason, now you mention it.

So... Bayonetta 3 is secretly a revival of Scalebound?

Hard to look at Bayo 3's Demon Slave mechanic and not immediately think of the original Dragon commanding mechanic that defined Scalebound before it got cancelled... And that tease right at the end?

FAAR-z6VEAQd62A?format=jpg&name=smallFAASBh2XEAI7fiX?format=jpg&name=small

There's no way that this is a mere co-incidence...

Also... yeah, that's Cereza you play as.  Looks like we've got some timey-wimey nonsense going on here! (Worth noting that the original trailer for Bayo 3 had a bit of a theme going on with things being split in half... including Bayo herself!)

Edit: Looks like I may have been right on the money!

Edited by Dcubed

Game has now been rated by PEGI and ESRB. Gotta imagine that an October release is on the cards.

Bayonetta 3 releases October 28th! 

The game is now available to preorder digitally through the eShop for £49.99, also got some really nice art going on too:

1x1_NSwitch_Bayonetta3.jpg

There will also be a special Trinity Masquerade Edition of the game, also available October 28th:

Man, the back end of this year is looking stacked :D

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Are there demos for any of these?

There was a Bayo 2 demo on the WiiU.

29 minutes ago, Julius said:

Man, the back end of this year is looking stacked :D

This whole YEAR is stacked for Nintendo.

Pokemon Arceus 
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Triangle Strategy
Nintendo Switch Sports
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade 3
Mario Strikers
Splatoon 3
Mario + Rabbids 2
Pokemon Scarlet + Violet
Bayonetta 3

Plus stuff like the MK8 Expansion, Kirby Fall Guys, Live A Live, MonHun Rise Sunbreak and Advance Wars Remake and who knows what else!

Wouldn't surprise me if the BOTW2 delay was just for scheduling reasons.

Edited by Ronnie

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

This whole YEAR is stacked for Nintendo.

Yeah, I just meant in general towards the back end of the year :p Nintendo has had a good year with frequent releases, but the last few months (across the entire industry) has seemed a little quiet in terms of major releases, but of course Nintendo are definitely a big part of the upcoming period I'm referring to. 

There's a period of around a month from October 20th which sees the releases of Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Persona 5 Royal on new platforms (which is going to do bonkers, throw that on the list of "who knows what else!" for Switch), Gotham Knights, Bayonetta 3 (same day as the new CoD), God of War Ragnarök and Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. 

It's definitely been a year where, thanks to the longer quiet stretches, I feel it's been kind on backlogs, but still, we're going to hopefully be seeing a great and exciting wrap-up to the year with all of the new games on the way :D

• Like 1