NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

The End For Neogaf?

Wolfenstein was always going to go cheap at a very fast rate. Despite being reviewed highly, the game bombed at launch. The exact same thing happened with Dishonored 2 last year and that also went cheap stupidly fast. The Evil Within 2 is also suffering the same fate. Although, reading on Era it seems that this is store specific and the official drop looks to be £29.99.

I'm surprised they didn't move the release to January, and promoted Evil Within a bit more, would have fared so much better in a quiet time and not going up against Mario and especially AC.

Edited by Ronnie

Last year I regularly spotted Tomb Raider (PS4), Titanfall and Dishonoured for sub-£20. I'm sure the same will happen this year.

Just now, Ronnie said:

I'm surprised they didn't move the release to January, and promoted Evil Within a bit more, would have fared so much better not going up against Mario and especially AC.

Wolfenstein was pretty much sent out to die. 

The start of the year used to be a good time to release your game if you wanted to miss some of the heavy hitters ( Dying Light found success doing this ) but even that isn't really doable anymore. Jan-Mar was stacked this year and it's looking to be the same next year. as well.

1 minute ago, Goron_3 said:

Last year I regularly spotted Tomb Raider (PS4), Titanfall and Dishonoured for sub-£20. I'm sure the same will happen this year.

Yup. If you've been gaming as long as most of us on here have, you can spot from a mile off which games are going to end up getting discounted early. I told one of my brothers to hold off buying Evil Within 2 at launch ( he loved the original )  because it would drop in price pretty quickly and sure enough it has. 

I hope so. Want to get TF2 for Christmas.

Just now, bob said:

I hope so. Want to get TF2 for Christmas.

Titanfall 2? Apparently this is £5.00 instore at Asda at the moment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Titanfall 2? Apparently this is £5.00 instore at Asda at the moment. 

£5 for Titanfall 2!?

Even I'd be tempted at that price

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

£5 for Titanfall 2!?

Even I'd be tempted at that price

Yup. Battlefront 1 and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare are also that price. Some of them are still available online but for the ones that aren't then you'll have to check your nearest store.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this