NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Persona Q2 (3DS)

motion.gif?v=1501665099838

The 3DS keeps on chugging with the announcement that a second Persona Q game is heading to the handheld. Given how the logo looks, I guess it will have a fair bit of representation from Persona 5.

I know that they want to make this on the cheap and re-use their existing assets/engine from Persona Q1/the Etrian Odyssey series, but it really is very late in the game for yet another 3DS release.  They really should've ported it over, even if it looks cheap and ropey on Switch.

Just look at how poorly DQ11 has done on 3DS (relative to series expectations).  3DS is on its last legs now.

Switch really should be the home for their lineup now.  Same with this new dancing spinoff.  The fact that they choose Vita over Switch at this point is just baffling.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Persona Q was a lot of fun and my favourite revisiting to the Persona universe. Although despite that, somehow, I couldn't really stick with it. I guess the Etrian Oddysey/map drawing RPG world just isn't to my tastes. That's not a dig at the quality of it because that was fantastic, but it just didn't work for me.

Agree with the above though. Now is the time for Switch. Or even both platforms, is that not reasonably straightforward?

If it was a Switch game, how would the map drawing mechanic work? Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't both this and the Etrian games have the player draw the map on the lower screen and then have all the battles on the top screen? If it was on the Switch then I imagine they would have to split the screen or have the player keep pausing the game to fill in the map, both of which don't seem ideal solutions.

I'll have to buy it as part of my Persona 4 collection but I doubt I'll play it. I just couldnt get on with the Etrian Oddysey style gameplay of Persona Q.

29 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If it was a Switch game, how would the map drawing mechanic work? Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't both this and the Etrian games have the player draw the map on the lower screen and then have all the battles on the top screen? If it was on the Switch then I imagine they would have to split the screen or have the player keep pausing the game to fill in the map, both of which don't seem ideal solutions.

They'd probably have you pause to fill the map in.  Not a huge deal, considering that you'd have to stop to fill it in anyway.  The lack of touch screen controls when playing on TV would suck something fierce though.

I have no idea what Persona Q is but I'm

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Didnt notice two new Persona dancing games had been announced as well!

@Josh64 looketh!! 

• Like 1

Dj4sMsyUUAAFzue.jpg:large

Lm4YPDJ.jpg

The Persona users are trapped in a movie world. And a girl is the key to it all…?

In Mementos, the Morgana Car suddenly goes out of control!? Sucked into a mysterious space, they arrive at a mysterious town where unknown enemies wander about.

The Phantom Thieves, who barely managed to escape, end up getting lost in a movie theater without an exit.

And then Nagi, a black-haired, white-clothed woman they met at the movie theater, and Hikari, a girl who is looking down, informs them that they just came out of a movie.

A labyrinth-like movie world. And in the movies, they meet people who possess the same powers to guide them.

Will the Phantom Thieves be able to escape the movie theater…?

■ Characters

Form your party from a total of 28 Persona users, including characters from:

• Persona 3
  • Persona 3 Portable
  • Persona 4
  • Persona 5

■ System

Inside Each Movie is a Mysterious Labyrinth!

Each dungeon is a movie (labyrinth) with a different theme, and each one is a unique creation. No dungeon is straightforward. Work with your team to clear each one!

Hit the Enemy’s Weak Point to Gain the Upper Hand in Battle!

Switch out Personas! Utilize various tactics!

Everyone is Here!

Must-see dialogue!

Draw Maps While Going through the Dungeon!

By drawing maps, you can clear each dungeon smoothly! There is also an auto-map feature.

Deepen the Bonds with Your Comrades to Take on Strong Enemies!

Powerful Shadows called F.O.E. wander around the dungeons.

■ Early Purchase Bonus

Early purchases will include the “Persona 3, 4, and 5 Battle BGM Set,” which includes the following tracks:

• Persona 3: “Mass Destruction”
  • Persona 3 Portable: “Wiping All Out”
  • Persona Q: “Light the Fire Up in the Night ‘Kagejikan'”
  • Persona 4: “Reach Out to the Truth”
  • Persona 4 Golden: “Time to Make History”
  • Persona Q: “Light the Fire Up in the Night ‘Mayonaka'”
  • Persona 5: “Last Surprise”
  • Persona 5: “Life Will Change”
  • Persona 5: “Will Power”

Is it realistic that this still comes out in Europe? Will Atlus see a business in doing so?

4 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Is it realistic that this still comes out in Europe? Will Atlus see a business in doing so?

I see it being a digital only release if it does come out over here.

Coming June 4th 2019

It’s worth noting that the game will not be receiving an English dub. From IGN:

Regarding the lack of an English voice track, an Atlus representative provided the following statement to IGN: "Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth’s localized release will be available exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS with a Japanese voice track and English subtitles. There are no plans to add an English dub to the game at this time."

Edited by Julius

I haven't watched the video. Is it getting a physical release or is it eShop only? If it gets a physical release its probably worth picking up a spare copy for collection purposes. Atlas games already have low print runs, are hard to come by new and command a high price. This has chance to be one of the final big games for the 3DS and it could be worth a pretty penny down the road.

40 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I haven't watched the video. Is it getting a physical release or is it eShop only? If it gets a physical release its probably worth picking up a spare copy for collection purposes. Atlas games already have low print runs, are hard to come by new and command a high price. This has chance to be one of the final big games for the 3DS and it could be worth a pretty penny down the road.

Almost all Atlus 3DS games in Europe are digital only; so I'd expect this one to follow suit.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I haven't watched the video. Is it getting a physical release or is it eShop only?

Video shows a phisical release, even a special edition.

Never played the Persona Q games. Might actually pick this one up.

• Thanks 1

I wonder if this will indeed be the last ever retail game released for the 3DS...

... seems fitting that Kirby and Atlus would round off its run!

Sign in to follow this