N-Europe

Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (3DS)

Hero-of-Time

I take it nobody else liked the look of this, then? :D

Here's the fact sheet for the game.

zdfuVG5.jpg

The genre is hilarious. :laughing:

I was hoping they were going to drop this on the eShop straight away. Bit gutted it's a 2018 game. :(

It's the most Japanese thing I have seen in a while haha

Wasn't expecting that music when I watched the trailer.

Do we know the actual developer, it looks very Rhythm Paradise-ish?

Close, it's indieszero, they did Final Fantasy Theatrhythm.

They also did NES Remix.

Edited by Glen-i

• 8 months later...

Great to see the lower budget titles also hitting Switch at retail.  Switch is the 3DS’ successor as well as Wii U and needs to be a healthy home for both big budget AND smaller budget titles at retail; so it’s important for smaller games to have a solid chance outside of the eShop too!

Also Indieszero has never gone wrong; the game looks fun as hell! (And utterly ridiculous, especially the music, which is always a big bonus!) I’m definitely looking forward to it :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Must have been a lot of work to upres a 240p 3DS game to 1080 (or whatever it is).

I think it’s a bit more likely that they had HD models down-ressed to 240p to run on the 3DS, than 240p up-ressed to 720p/1080p; comparatively, it would require a lot less work. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Still no pricing details for this in Europe then? Going to be interesting if it's £49.99 on Switch but £34.99 on 3DS.

Seems to be a budget release on both platforms. Over on Simply Games it's £29.99 on the 3DS and £34.99 on the Switch.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Seems to be a budget release on both platforms. Over on Simply Games it's £29.99 on the 3DS and £34.99 on the Switch.

Ah, I was thinking of digital prices. But yeah, seeing as it's a budget retail release that's a good sign. Probably looking at £39.99 on Switch eShop then.

Still not really sure if this is for me though, would be good if there was a demo. :hmm:

Just tried the demo. It seems like a fun and surprisingly deep game with a lot of costumisation in it. I played it with the pro contorller - it seems to be a good fit here as using your fingers directly on the screen could potentially obstruct your view, I reckon. It may be a bit less precise but precision is not as needed as speed and the controller gives you plenty of speed.

The gameplay seems fun and addictive, it's fun and fast-paced. It's not hard to start off (got three starts and B-S ranks in the demo levels) but I think it's going to become really hard later on when your enemies start using sprites (as well). However, I think the price is a bit too high for what it is.

It reminds me of both Pocket Card Jockey for the weirdness and Puyo Puyo Tetris for the presentation and overall quality of the game. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's pretty much exactly as I expected. I don't like the gameplay, but I love the cutscenes. And unfortunately it really looks like a 3DS port (so maybe you can give those wiiu ports some slack now :p).

The cutscenes are the only reason I might get this, but if / when the gameplay gets hard, I doubt I can put up with it. Anyway, so many games I need to buy the coming weeks, so I'm not going to miss it.

Probably going to have to spend a bit more time with the demo to be absolutely sure, but at the moment I’m not really enjoying the gameplay either. :blank: It just doesn’t feel like there’s enough control over which plates you’re choosing. Touch controls are a definite help, but even then it still seems way too random and chaotic to offer any kind of genuine satisfaction from planning moves etc.

The presentation is very nice though (even if some aspects don’t hold up so well on the big screen) and the cutscenes can be pretty funny. I’m quite surprised they went with two protagonists for a game with traditionally animated cutscenes though, seems like a massive waste of resources and no doubt a substantial increase to the game’s filesize for something so trivial. ::shrug:

Also, is it just me, or is the audio level in this set waaaay too high? :o Good job you can manually lower it across multiple settings.

I had a go of the demo this evening and despite originally being excited for the game, playing this has put me off the retail version.

As RedShell said, the controls don't seem fast or tight enough to keep up with the speed of the game.

Also, i'm not a fan of the presentation. It looks kinda like a cheap HD mobile game. It's certainly not up to the standard I'm used to seeing in a Nintendo game. I'm wondering if this is an effect of up scaling the 3DS game?

I'm pretty gutted as I was really looking forward to it. :( Maybe the 3DS version will be more to my liking, at least in terms of visuals.

• Sad 2