N-Europe

Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017

Ronnie

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching c of press co Terence. I'm bored senseless. You know what, I'm glad Nintendo don't do these anymore. They're boring, I'm sure there's no loads of planted cheerers, it's embarrassing, the presenters are mainly terrible. They feel so archaic.

I'm watching c of press co Terence. I'm bored senseless. You know what, I'm glad Nintendo don't do these anymore. They're boring, I'm sure there's no loads of planted cheerers, it's embarrassing, the presenters are mainly terrible. They feel so archaic.

Whoo! *claps*

Also, I k ow it's a bit of a joke. But pretty much every game is a "realistic" looking,violent game. This fantasy one came on, I was like - ooh, looks interesting. A few seconds later - hack hack hack VIOLENCE!!!!

Thank you Nintendo for being so different.

I assume you meant you're watching the Xbox conference. :D

Sony have shown you can have a live event without all of this fluff but for whatever reason both EA and Microsoft haven't followed their lead.

Also, it helps if the games they show interest you. Microsofts offerings so far have been garbage.

I do appreciate Nintendo's trailer/treehouse combo, though. The Xbox conference is dragging on and on with gameplay demos, whereas Nintendo usually just drop a trailer and then leave the lengthy stuff for the Treehouse, which can easily be skipped if you don't want to watch it.

Also, I k ow it's a bit of a joke. But pretty much every game is a "realistic" looking,violent game. This fantasy one came on, I was like - ooh, looks interesting. A few seconds later - hack hack hack VIOLENCE!!!!

Thank you Nintendo for being so different.

Obviously all of the games are different in numerous ways but there were many moments that felt oddly familiar whether it be visuals or scenes I feel like I've witnessed many times before :blank:

I'm not going to say they're boring, bland or anything of that nature but I just don't feel like the majority of it all is for me. With each passing year, my appreciation for Nintendo grows :love:

Obviously all of the games are different in numerous ways but there were many moments that felt oddly familiar whether it be visuals or scenes I feel like I've witnessed many times before :blank:

I'm not going to say they're boring, bland or anything of that nature but I just don't feel like the majority of it all is for me. With each passing year, my appreciation for Nintendo grows :love:

It's probably because a lot of these games aren't made for you, or even me for that matter.

A few of you on here have a wife a kids, which means you don't have the time to sink countless hours into these massive online games. I'm 34 and even though my time is my own, stuff like Battlegrounds is completely lost on me. I know what it is and how big a deal it is ( lad at work plays it ) but it's just not for me.

A lot of these new games are built for streamers who sit and interact with their communities while they play. I've never been into that sort of thing and prefer my games to be my own personal experience.

I assume you meant you're watching the Xbox conference. :D

Sony have shown you can have a live event without all of this fluff but for whatever reason both EA and Microsoft haven't followed their lead.

Also, it helps if the games they show interest you. Microsofts offerings so far have been garbage.

Haha, that spelling error is bad even for me :)

Yeah. Some stuff started to interest me, but not really. For a moment I was tempted by the x, but nope. First night, definitely ori I want to play, but not enough.

I won't be staying up for sonys, too late for me, but hope it can balance things better like you say. I actually really don't like seeing game demos, these should be quick fire reveals and trailers. Save the gameplay demos for the press.

Yeah, but that car though? Am I right?

It's still funny, thinking back on it.

I think it was last year where they lowered a car in from the roof when talking about Forza. They love their car segments do Microsoft.

Anyway...

If you're planning to play any online Switch games over the next nine hours (at the time of publication), then you're out of luck. Nintendo has kicked off a whopping nine hours of maintenance specific to the Switch, which the optimistic among us hope is preparation for something big from E3 and the Spotlight presentation on 13th June.

Below is the maintenance window, which affects online play on the Switch.

Come on, Nintendo, shadow drop some Virtual Console goodness on us! I wanna play Mother 3/Earthbound Endings.

That's a hefty amount of time for maintenance.

Quick, someone tell @Dcubed so he can get his hopes up about finally playing Mother 3.

Starting Virtual Console off with a GBA game would be an interesting move though, albeit a highly requested GBA game, but still.

Come on, Nintendo, shadow drop some Virtual Console goodness on us! I wanna play Mother 3/Earthbound Endings.

Considering the success of BOTW last year, and with Odyssey coming this year, this was always going to be Nintendo's -- in terms of software -- E3 to lose, especially factoring in the success of the Switch so far.

They've been sending mixed messages since the start of the year, but have started to clear those up and seemingly anticipate, and react to, consumer feedback. This would send the most crystalline of messages, in my opinion, and would be interesting to see simply because of the dichotomy between the Xbox One X's reveal and a potential VC shadow drop: here's the most technically impressive gaming console compared with we love gaming - as you know we're all about gaming software at our core - and we know you do too.

I know which message puts a smile on my face, at least...

Reggie has confirmed that Spotlight will be 25 minutes long, with more news to break during the first hour of the Treehouse Livestream.

Even more confident now that Spotlight will be focused mainly on Nintendo's first and second party games, with third party games to take centre stage during he first hour of Treehouse (which would also be a great show of solidarity between Nintendo and third party publishers). The promise of Spotlight reveals and first looks could not excite me more.

92f.png

I think it was last year where they lowered a car in from the roof when talking about Forza. They love their car segments do Microsoft.

Anyway...

PLEEEEEASE!!!

9 hours is excessive isn't it? It has to be SOMETHING!?!!