Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

The Mole

8 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Keep it, it seems I did OK in at least one of the GP's so I'm sure it'll even out. :)

Just to clarify, the average deduction was calculated after the other GP's were put in. So it's definitely a 1.2 deduction if you keep it. You sure about that?

12 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Red-Shelled by @RedShell :D

I ain't even mad bro! :hug:

It's great to have you back. :peace:

12 hours ago, Dcubed said:

HOLY CRAP! THE SHELL IS BACK!!:bowdown: 

It's so great to see you again! :D And talk about an entrance! (At my expense of course :laughing:

Yeah, I noticed that you got a Switch, I spotted you on my friend list ;) Hope things are good with you right now! And I hope we see you around here more, we all missed you terribly! :peace:

Thanks guys. :)

Those were some fun games last night (well, not so much the first GP :heh:) but the other two (especially Frantic Items) were a nice reminder of how crazy N-E MK can be. You just don't get quite the same level of chaos when playing with randoms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Just to clarify, the average deduction was calculated after the other GP's were put in. So it's definitely a 1.2 deduction if you keep it. You sure about that?

Well, when you put it like that...

Nope! I'll keep the 10 thanks. :D

• Haha 1

OK, that's enough time. I'm gonna assume @martinist will want to keep his attendance intact then. Here's the current League Table.

VuHnQQQ.png

@The Mole has been temporarily removed from the table for being absent 3 weeks in a row. OI! Don't give me that look! You all knew this would happen. Because of this, I've now moved up to 1st place, by default. And we know how great those kind of victories are.

I'd welcome back @RedShell, but a lot of people already beat me to it. And he decided to repay that kindness by beating most people to the line, managing a 100% top 3 placing this week and storming into 2nd place, only 0.3 points behind me, not quite the grand entrance I had last year, but it's certainly impressive. Passive-aggressive? What's that?

The curse of the fragile early average reared it's unpleasant head for @BowserBasher, who dropped down 4 places. Ouch! Still pretty early, so you can still climb back up.

@S.C.G manages to triumph over @Dcubed this week and broke their creepy tie from last week. Dcubed wasn't actually present for the first GP, someone else stood in for him because he was running late, so only 2 of his GP's counted.

And that's everything of note, here's the next theme. It comes courtesy of @BowserBasher. He's thought of a theme that would have been pretty much impossible on the WiiU version.

Next League Night: 5th October 8pm

2QnfkIL.png

jMk8a0g.png

bI7U5OF.png

Group 1 @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@punio75

@martinist

Undeclared Players

@S.C.G

@Sméagol

@viceview51

@Dcubed

@Nicktendo

@RedShell

I'm not sure if he settled on a title, so allow me. Get ready for...

THuSrPP.png

Boy, I'm getting some mileage out of my face, huh?

It's Formula Mii! Or "F Mii" for short! Why are you snickering?

This theme might be somewhat familiar to people who did the league back on the Wii U. But as I'm sure you've noticed, there's a big difference this time. And it's important, so pay attention. Actually, you know what?

THIS IS IMPORTANT! READ THIS CAREFULLY!

The vehicle setup changes in between GP's! @BowserBasher wanted to explore F1's past, present and possible future, I think it's a cool idea, but it requires co-operation from you lot. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe allows people to change their vehicle in between races without leaving the lobby and this theme capitalises on that. So how do you switch vehicle?

mario-kart-8-deluxe41.jpg

Note the bottom left.

See the kart icon? Pressing "Y" (Or the left face button) will let you change your kart setup. In between each GP. I'll allow around 5 minutes for kart setup before I tell BowserBasher to start the GP. Only the body and wheels change, so it shouldn't be too hard. Hopefully...

Keep the Mii's to your own personal ones, and you're more than welcome to change outfit in between races if you have access to amiibo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok I'm in, but:

1] Allow some time for changing vehicles. With the courses, I sometimes don't have enough time to find them, I can imagine the same thing happening here, especially as:

2] I may still not have all the vehicle options. I can't be arsed to check beforehand, sorry!

3] I may use a different Mii than the one I've used before.

Edited by Sméagol

19 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Ok I'm in, but:

1] Allow some time for changing vehicles. With the courses, I sometimes don't have enough time to find them, I can imagine the same thing happening here, especially as:

2] I may still not have all the vehicle options. I can't be arsed to check beforehand, sorry!

3] I may use a different Mii than the one I've used before.

It’s ok, we are giving People 5 minutes between GP’s to change the parts. 

• Thanks 1

I don't have the first vehicle either for some reason... so I've gone for a close alternative. ::shrug:

Annd... whatever this alternative car is, it turns out that it's a handicap as it's definitely slower, ah well, whatever. :p

Edited by S.C.G

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Haha! Oh man, 200cc + Frantic Items after 2 passive GPs was super intense! :D The no item/shroom only GPs actually had some close moments tonight too. :cheeky: Good stuff.

Agreed. If think I passed you for first on the line of Yoshi Circuit with the slipstream. Great racing. 

3 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Agreed. If think I passed you for first on the line of Yoshi Circuit with the slipstream. Great racing. 

Yep, I was in 3rd and saw it all. Literally cms from the line, great stuff! Really enjoyed tonight's theme, some quality racing in the first two GPs and the last one was pure chaos. 

'Til next Thursday!