Nintendo confirms: No live conference at E3 this year

Serebii

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what to think of it.

No skits? Would welcome it. Only trailers? Would welcome it.

There's also the possibility that it's going to focus on 2017 only and not cover what to expect of 2018 (if there's anything to expect........).

So yeah, could go either way...

It's Switch only, unlike the last two E3 Digital Events which were 45 minutes but covered Wii U and 3DS.

If it's the same format as the last Direct and the Nindies presentation, it'll be games games games at breakneck speed.

Obviously thinking an hour and now 30-35 minutes is a huge disappointment, they better not even mention arms, splatoon 2, or pokken. Not loads of time. All very worrying that Mario and rabbids is the big 'surprise', just imagine if it was

Obviously thinking an hour and now 30-35 minutes is a huge disappointment, they better not even mention arms, splatoon 2, or pokken. Not loads of time. All very worrying that Mario and rabbids is the big 'surprise', just imagine if it was ��

No way these two are the "surprises". Surely there will be some "real" surprises.

I really hope ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Pokken don't even get a single second of time in that presentation.

No way these two are the "surprises". Surely there will be some "real" surprises.

I really hope ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Pokken don't even get a single second of time in that presentation.

Well you'd think so. But I feel splatoon 2, pokken, fire emblem, Mario, Mario and rabbids and xenobkade is probably their 2017 lineup. And if they really are only going for this year then it could happen. They have directs throughout the year so other opportunities.

But I think they really need at least one big reveal - animal crossing I can see later in the year alongside mobile game reveal. Retros game is th most likely. But they may think we'll sell out of switch anyway so let's save our announcements until later, which makes some business sense, but frustrating for fans.

That Pokemon Direct killed what little excitement I had for Nintendo's E3 show. Even when I have low expections they somehow still manage to disappoint me. The delay of their online, the idiotic headset solution, the state of the VC and now that Direct, all of this has landed in the last couple of weeks and has killed my buzz.

Nintendo just annoy the hell out of me at times, which is just most of the time these days.

Can I count on you in the N-E chat for the Sony conference, then? :p

To be honest, I'm not that excited for E3 in general. I've always used a weeks holiday for E3 and I've been doing it for so long now that I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't do this. It's became a bit of a tradition. Sadly, for the first time in who knows how many years, I'm thinking of breaking the tradition. I still haven't booked the week off yet and possibly won't bother. Sad times. :(

To be honest, I'm not that excited for E3 in general. I've always used a weeks holiday for E3 and I've been doing it for so long now that I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't do this. It's became a bit of a tradition. Sadly, for the first time in who knows how many years, I'm thinking of breaking the tradition. I still haven't booked the week off yet and possibly won't bother. Sad times. :(

Ah, shame :(

It does say "around" 09:30 PT, not exactly 09:30 PT. They probably don't want to give away the actual length of the video.

It'll probably actually end up being around 38-41 mins, roughly the same length or a little shorter than 2014 and 2015's ones.

Also I'd be surprised if it really was Switch only. We do know that they have the M&LSS remake to announce after all...

Plus details/release dates for Yo-Kai Watch 2.5 and 3, Kirby's 25th Anniversary game, Kirby's Blowout Blast (probably getting released right after the presentation), Monster Hunter Stories, Monster Hunter Cross Generations, Dragon Quest 11 and possibly more (maybe trailers for Hey Pikmin and Ever Oasis too). So there's lots to show and I doubt they'll not show them in the main video.

Edited by Dcubed

Even when I have low expections they somehow still manage to disappoint me.

Always this :grin: It's tragic!

I love Nintendo and the Switch is extremely promising for me personally but even with that in mind I'm not going into E3 with any great hopes or expectations.

There were times when I'd be excited only to be left disappointed after a show. That led me to go in with low expectations with only a glimmer of hope that I'd be blown away.. and then be left disappointed.

Now, I feel like I gear myself up for the worst case scenario thinking there's no way it could be any more disappointing than that.. and yet they somehow manage to pull it off and disappoint me more than I ever thought possible :blank:

Anyway.. GET HYPED :bouncy:

So, what do people expect from Nintendo with the apparent news that their Spotlight will be 30 minutes long?

• new trailer for UltraSun/UltraMoon (which I would fucking hate...don't waste time on that)
  • Splatoon 2; quite a lot of coverage
  • ARMS; same as Splatoon 2
  • Mario Odyssey; gets the most screen time
  • Indie reel
  • Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle; please don't but it will be looooooooooong
  • 3DS stuff
  • two or three surprises

I'm hoping Pokken, ARMS and Splatoon get zero coverage in the actual Direct. They will feature is the tournaments that Nintendo are hosting, so hopefully this will be where they only get shown.

My (safe) Bets:

• Start with Mario Odyssey
  • Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  • Xenoblade 2
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Zelda DLC
  • Indie Reel
  • Pikmin Switch
  • Monster Hunter XX Western release announcement
  • End with Retro's game ( seriously, it's time )

Dream Announcements

• Final Fantasy 6 Remake
  • Eternal Darkness returns
  • Diddy Kong Racing 2
  • Wave Race makes a splash.
  • Metroid made by From Software

I'm hoping things like Pokemon Ultra, Ever Oasis, Pikmin 3DS and Miitopia are only highlighted on the Treehouse segments. If they do decide to show Pokemon Ultra on there then I pray that they do a better job of demoing it than they did with Sun/Moon. That thing was painful to watch.

I'm hoping they are snappy with their presentation. Sony have nailed it these past 2 years with their E3 shows in terms of keeping it going and flowing along nicely. If you watch the last Nintendo Direct where they changed the format you can see Nintendo seem to have taken a page from Sony's book and offered very little fluff in between each announcement and just got on with showing the game. More of this, please.

Like I done with BOTW last year, I plan on not watching much from Mario Odyssey. I hope there's a good trailer in the Spotlight and then a showing on the Treehouse, which I can easily skip.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I can see this year being very Mario centric, as they haven't focussed on him for awhile.

Mario Odyssey will obviously be front and centre, but I can also see sports titles, Party, the Rabbids game, maybe even a New Super Mario Bros Switch as well. Absolutely overkill but I can see Nintendo trying to strike while the iron is hot, roll out the biggest gun they have in order to keep this Switch momentum going.

Cant see any Pokémon, Arms or Splatoon as we've recently had lots of info on them, although with Arms releasing at the end of the week there might be some incentive/last push as it is new IP.

Overall though I expect this to be the Mario Show.

My (safe) Bets:

• Start with Mario Odyssey
  • Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  • Xenoblade 2
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Zelda DLC
  • Indie Reel
  • Pikmin Switch
  • Monster Hunter XX Western release announcement
  • End with Retro's game ( seriously, it's time )

Aw man.. a quick glance at your 'safe' bets looked as expected but sneaking in Pikmin Switch and Retro's new game feels very unsafe :eek:

While I'd love both of those, I feel safer bets would be something like Animal Crossing and some sort of Switch Party game that only uses a single Joy-Con for each player but is more similar to Wii Party than 1-2 Switch.

I'm not saying that's what I want (I have no desire for either of those :heh:) but I feel like that fits into my 'Worst Case Scenario' bracket :indeed:

Dream Announcements

• Final Fantasy 6 Remake
  • Eternal Darkness returns
  • Diddy Kong Racing 2
  • Wave Race makes a splash.
  • Metroid made by From Software

My desire for Wave Race multiplies with each passing year. It's been 15 years since Blue Storm :shakehead

My only real dream is for Nintendo to reveal any one out of 1080 Snowboarding, F-Zero, Excitebike, Wave Race, Pilotwings or Metroid. A presentation with all 6 (and Super Mario Odyssey :love:) would probably kill me!

Aw man.. a quick glance at your 'safe' bets looked as expected but sneaking in Pikmin Switch and Retro's new game feels very unsafe :eek:

Miyamoto said Pikmin 4 was close to being finished almost 2 years ago. As for Retro, they've had ample time now to get a game together. Unless the game has been in development hell, there is no excuse for them not showing the thing off now.

A few other bets are:

• SNES Mini is announced.
  • Themes for Switch are announced and available to buy on the eShop straight way.
  • Yooka-Laylee release date revealed, along with an amiibo to go with the game.

My desire for Wave Race multiplies with each passing year. It's been 15 years since Blue Storm :shakehead

That moment when you realise that the best water-based racing game you've ever played, came out half a life-time ago! :(

I was only sixteen when I bought my GameCube on release day with Star Wars: Rogue Leader and Wave Race: Blue Storm, it was easily one of the most memorable launch days ever. :D

We are definitely long overdue for a new Wave Race game, one which would have even more dynamic weather conditions, support for traditional Pro Controller but best of all they could implement a brand new control scheme - credit to Don from Easy Allies (I think Hero referenced the video in the E3 2017 thread) - using the Joy-Cons in handle-bar mode to control your watercraft. :)

The potential is there, the hardware is there, the demand is there... it just needs to happen. : peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!