NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

General Election 2017 - MJ popcorn gif edition

I hate exit polls.

But still, I'm counting that as a win.

I can see this poll being fairly close to the reality. If it is close, then May has taken the party backwards. How can she lead the country with Brexit if she has managed to fuck this up?

May has under performed greatly if true!

This would be outside of most people's expectations.

Lets see how it pans out.

Will Libdems form another coalition with the conservatives lol?

Just hope the exit poll is slightly out and Labour end up getting a couple more seats off the Conservatives and force them to work with a minority government.

BBC project that Warwick & Leamington could be one of the seats Labour gain from Conservatives. Would be an incredible turnaround for Tories to lose a 7,000 majority.

Edited by killthenet

Exit polls show that a hung parliament is a huge possibility. Conservatives on 314 and need 326.

May has fucked up!

:D This is just unbelievably classic. Calling an election because she was certain of a landslide. Delivering an uncosted manifesto, chockablock with cuts, patently non-beneficial to the electorate because they were certain of a landslide. Whatever the result; what a complete embarassment, what a tragic gamble!! Going to be one hell of an exciting night!!!

:D This is just unbelievably classic. Calling an election because she was certain of a landslide. Delivering an uncosted manifesto, chockablock with cuts, patently non-beneficial to the electorate because they were certain of a landslide. Whatever the result; what a complete embarassment, what a tragic gamble!! Going to be one hell of an exciting night!!!

Somebody on facebook just raised the issue of "shy Tories", who may skew this exit poll.

I hope the poll is accurate. I'll be gutted if it turns out to be well off and a huge Conservative win. Tories seem worried tonight, though.

I stand to win a couple hundred quid if the exit polls are true.

What did you predict? A riot?

Somebody on facebook just raised the issue of "shy Tories", who may skew this exit poll.

I hope the poll is accurate. I'll be gutted if it turns out to be well off and a huge Conservative win. Tories seem worried tonight, though.

Yeah definitely; I think I remember the Tories doing better in 2015 than the exit poll suggested. Tense night ahead!! Nonetheless, touch wood, I can't see it being miles off, and don't think the exit polls ever have been in the past. Even if the Tory's were to do better than the exit poll suggests, touch wood it looks certain they'll lose seats compared to 2015, which is a massive result in itself and will make for a pretty unstable government!

Big gains for Labour in the night's first seat too : peace: CAMMMAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!

May has under performed greatly if true!

This would be outside of most people's expectations.

Lets see how it pans out.

Will Libdems form another coalition with the conservatives lol?

Possible, but given their very different positions on Brexit it would be difficult to imagine how it currently stands.

But who knows with the last few years.

I can see this poll being fairly close to the reality. If it is close, then May has taken the party backwards. How can she lead the country with Brexit if she has managed to fuck this up?

Because she's strong and stable innit.

What did you predict? A riot?

Lab/LD/SNP coalition - £2 at 22/1

Labour over 218.5 seats - £2 at 7.8/1

No overall majority - £10 at 19.5/1

Labour to win most seats - £10 at 28/1

Last one isn't overly likely. A few others which aren't looking to win. Wish I'd bet more on the first two bets.

Yeah definitely; I think I remember the Tories doing better in 2015 than the exit poll suggested. Tense night ahead!! Nonetheless, touch wood, I can't see it being miles off, and don't think the exit polls ever have been in the past. Even if the Tory's were to do better than the exit poll suggests, touch wood it looks certain they'll lose seats compared to 2015, which is a massive result in itself and will make for a pretty unstable government!

Big gains for Labour in the night's first seat too : peace: CAMMMAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!

The ex-UKIP voters are going to have a huge say in this. If they mostly go pro-Tory, that'll change things. Also, Wales. If Wales does go Tory, then that'll affect things.

Nervous as fuck. Nothing we can do now but wait!

Lab/LD/SNP coalition - £2 at 22/1

Labour over 218.5 seats - £2 at 7.8/1

No overall majority - £10 at 19.5/1

Labour to win most seats - £10 at 28/1

Last one isn't overly likely. A few others which aren't looking to win. Wish I'd bet more on the first two bets.

Good luck! :D Let's see what happens.

Exit polls show that a hung parliament is a huge possibility. Conservatives on 314 and need 326.

May has fucked up!

2015 was under majority too. Don't get your hopes up.

If it's even close to a hung parliament May won't be PM by this time next year. The whole point of all of this was to slam dunk a safe & easy majority. They've ran a campaign on her almost exclusively, the party donors will have her thrown to the kerb if they've fluffed this.

Angus Robertson just lost his seat to the Conservatives. Hadn't realised he was at risk!

EDIT: Clegg's gone to Labour!

Edited by Rummy

Nick Clegg gone. Tim Farron apparently asking for recounts. Not good for former/current Lib Dem leaders!

Saddened that Scotland seems to be turning Tory :(

See @130131301364 I told you Labour might spring a surprise! Matt Western with a majority of 1,206 over Chris White as Labour take Conservative seat in Warwick & Leamington a 7.6% swing.

Shame that Scottish voters have given Conservative's a larger share of the vote because of the Independence issue, looks like Scotland could well keep the Tories in power. Tories seem to have been too focused on winning seats in Scotland and the North East that they have been complacent in the midlands and the south where they appear to be losing a lot of seats to Labour and the Lib Dems.

Edited by killthenet

See @130131301364 I told you Labour might spring a surprise! Matt Western with a majority of 1,206 over Chris White as Labour take Conservative seat in Warwick & Leamington a 7.6% swing.

Shame that Scottish voters have given Conservative's a larger share of the vote because of the Independence issue, looks like Scotland could well keep the Tories in power. Tories seem to have been too focused on winning seats in Scotland and the North East that they have been complacent in the midlands and the south where they appear to be losing a lot of seats to Labour and the Lib Dems.

Fuck yeah!

This is so much better than expected.

haha! she tried to use brexit as cover for a load of very shitty policies, opening the door for Corbyn. I wanted conservatives to lose a seat or two, now a majority is impossible. Wonder what this will mean for brexit...

Greedy opportunistic bitch deserves everything that's happened tonight.

After all of the slurs, the misinformation, the in-fighting, the criticism, the huge focus on his policy on nuclear arms...Corbyn has done a fantastic job.

The left is officially alive again! May is non-gluten free toast, Brexit will go soft and Britain is well hung.

Is this fantasy land? Who could possibly have seen this coming when the snap GE was first announced? It's a miracle!

Corbyn really pulled off the impossible throughout this campaign. Now imagine if his party actually supported him! What a result! An actual real left Labour govt in the next GE is now a very real possibility :D

Well knives out I guess. I'm off to the Winchester and wait for all of this to blow over.

god-offline-have-apint-and-wait-for-this-all-to-13594663.png

Edited by sumo73

For the second time in a year the Tories have put Party before Country with the EU Referendum & GE2017.

They have shown with absolute clarity that they cannot be trusted to look after us, the people!