NEurope

It was a very good conference but there wasn't enough Xbox exclusive titles to make Xbox One X seem worthwhile to me. As Cube said it was a great conference for multi-platform games, with Sea Of Thieves, Crackdown, Forza and Ori being the only real exclusives, most of the games that were billed as console exclusives like Playerunknown's Battlegrounds look like they're just launching first on Xbox, with PS4 coming later.

That said, it was over 90 mins and never felt like it dragged, mainly because there was a tonne of gameplay and some great reveals. The dullest part was the deep dive into the specs of the X but it was a tolerable length. The name of the console is dreadful though, there is going to be a lot of confusion among retailers and consumers.

Get in!!! We did it @S\.C\.G Original Xbox games on the way.

I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw this announcement. :D

I'm happy that I'll now hopefully be able to play all of the Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One games I'll ever need on one machine. :)

Aside from that the conference was... Oh shiny car! Oh shiny console! Oh shiny stage!

There were some games in there, granted but I'm only interested in a small amount of them.

I still want Sea of Thieves though, so there's that. : peace:

Still... even with all of those games, I felt like there were one or two annoucements which could have been for amazing titles but they just didn't happen.

I wonder how much money was blown on this extra shiny press conference...

Decent conference, all in all. Way better than last year's. I give it a solid 6 out of 10. Despite it's hilarious car advert at the start.

It got better as it went along though. A few games I'd like to play... on Windows 10.

Most importantly though, I legit scored a Bingo! Who'd have thought the Switch would make a sneaky appearance? I only put it on as a joke, had a good laugh when that happened. Oh well, a Bingo is a Bingo!

Ball's in Sony's court now. Let's see if they can interest me more.

($500 though, yeeeeaaahhhh...)

The conference highlighted just how weak Microsoft's first party teams are in comparison to Nintendo and Sony. As someone who was looking for exclusive games to be shown, the conference was poor. The pacing was also a mess. They could have trimmed the fat a lot and it would have made for a more enjoyable experience.

I think the price was surprising in the wrong way perhaps the other elements added to the price? The spec itself is a rather modest improvement over the PS4 Pro but I guess the blu ray and 4K streaming/capture pushes it higher?

Graphically they didnt demonstrate Scorpio much. There was no Uncharted 4 or Horizon type game. Both of which look great on the normal PS4 as well.

The Conference itself was mixed. Quite long. Lots of indie games are good but they are late to the party. Sea of thieves and Anthem had weak gameplay demonstrations but good graphics. Style over substance. Crackdown looked coolest imo and has a cool concept no one else is doing. Anthem(multiplatform) was easily the best looking game but I bet it wont look like that come release. The environments looked very tunnelled which does not bode well.

It's a good conference for multi-platforms games however you can get their exclusive games on Window 10 PC. It's awesome that you got a full backward compatibility on Xbox One in 1080p/4K!

I'm probably going to be echoing other people's thoughts, but my closing opinion that I just mentioned to @Eenuh is:

It's a decent conference with good games, but you don't need to buy the expensive hardware for any of it.

I think the price was surprising in the wrong way perhaps the other elements added to the price? The spec itself is a rather modest improvement over the PS4 Pro but I guess the blu ray and 4K streaming/capture pushes it higher?

I feel like that has to be the reason. It's releasing a year after the Pro but is going to be £100 more expensive than the pro was at launch. Those 4K blu ray drives must cost a pretty penny, Sony clearly decided it would add too much to the cost to justify including it, but Microsoft kind of backed themselves into a corner by including one in the Xbox One S. The crazy thing is they're probably still going to be selling the system at a loss despite the £449/€499 price tag.

I thought that was a disappointment, and have little reason to trade in my One for an X at that price at all.

I was quite hyped to see the new console being shown off, but as soon as it went to Forza 7 I completely lost interest!

As others have said the pacing and timings weren't quite right and for a big reveal there was no wow factor or huge moment at all!

A few things that got me excited; a 2D Dragon Ball Z hell yeah! Sea of Thieves still looking promising and a release date for CupHead.

Edit: DBZ isn't exclusive!

Edited by Nintendo Fan

I hear Anthem is not Xbox-exclusive? Is that true?
It's made by Bioware and it's their answer to Bungie's Destiny. Microsoft got the marketing exclusive for it.

It's made by Bioware and it's their answer to Bungie's Destiny. Microsoft got the marketing exclusive for it.

A brave move to take on Destiny.

I thought it was an ok presentation but I was surprised by how few games I'm actually interested to play from their list. Anthem looks amazing though and I'm looking forward to getting Sea of Thieves.

A brave move to take on Destiny.

Brave? Its silly given how similar it is. There is even a wall and last bastion of humanity etc. lol

Its 'pre alpha footage' TM. Other games had 'captured on Xbox One X' with capture. Its pre rendered basically.

No release date this year i assume. Will look different next year much like Mass Effect. : peace:

I feel like that has to be the reason. It's releasing a year after the Pro but is going to be £100 more expensive than the pro was at launch. Those 4K blu ray drives must cost a pretty penny, Sony clearly decided it would add too much to the cost to justify including it, but Microsoft kind of backed themselves into a corner by including one in the Xbox One S. The crazy thing is they're probably still going to be selling the system at a loss despite the £449/€499 price tag.

I dont think it will be £449. No way. PS3 was £425 at launch. Its not being sold at a loss. Makes the Pro look like a good deal. Positive it will get a fast price cut.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

Bethesda countdown featured a starry sky and a "jump to hyperspace" style cut. Also has the same starry background going on in the background and during the walk through 'Bethesdaland', huh...

Starfield confirmed?* :P

And that Link skin for Skyrim on the Switch (accessed with a Link amiibo no less!) looks swell, as does the Master Sword! Also appears as though there may be some motion controls available.

*Everything shown was due for release this year, which is a great move by Bethesda. They teased Starfield throughout their entire show in a number of ways; I'm 99% confident that it will be revealed to us at E3 2018 and will release in Q4 2018.

Edited by Julius Caesar

Check a look.

Edit: Just finished watching it. I thought it was hilarious :laughing:

Wonder if they'll be allowed to have another conference next year :D

Edited by drahkon

@S\.C\.G any idea when the EZA Microsoft stream will be going up? I see they already have the Bethesda show available to watch but still no Microsoft conference. :(

@S\.C\.G any idea when the EZA Microsoft stream will be going up? I see they already have the Bethesda show available to watch but still no Microsoft conference. :(

I have no idea, I think I'm happy enough just with watching their reactions to the big games so far, that Microsoft conference was two hours afterall so I don't think even Easy Allies coverage will make me want to sit through that again. :hmm:

That press conference from Devolver Digital though, what a masterpiece! :bowdown:

They better be allowed to have a conference next year. That shit was great.

A pretty meh conference really (and really, Xbox One X!? Can you come up with a dumber sounding name? Try saying it a few times in a row!)

Sea of Theives looks pretty cool, but not really my kind of thing. Crackdown 3 looks fun, but significantly pared back from the original concept. Ori will no doubt be good and Cuphead finally has a date! Hooray!

OG Xbox games coming via emulation is a great announcement and long overdue! There's a surprising number of games that are still exclusive to it that desperately need to be made more widely available, so it's really great to see it finally happen :D

I did laugh when I saw that one of their most major announcements was actually related to a Switch game (Minecraft) though :laughing:

Overall, 6/10 sounds about right. Some laughs (it really did feel like a car convention at the start :laughing:), a lot of boring fluff and nothing but timed exclusives. Also that price tag for XBx is comical.

I need to catch up on the Devolver Digital event, I hear it was bananas.

Edited by Dcubed

The price point for the Xbox One X (seriously, stupid name) is outside of anything i'd deem interested in. And bar a few exclusives, there wasn't a lot i was interested in. Thought the Mojang rep was high on something, seeing how excited she looked at announcing cross-platform Minecraft (that's a great idea for those whom play this game).

Bethesda's felt weak, like they threw anything into the pot just to appear.

Just watched 10 minutes of the PC games conference.

Urgh, so boring...

Watching it with EZA so it's still entertaining. This Intel bit has been a definite lull though. Anyone know how long the PC show is?

PC Gaming Show is really cringe worthy. It also feels like a massive advertisement for Intel.