NEurope

Looks brilliant. Can't wait! :D

I'm gonna fuck you all up as Darth Maul. :love:

I get your point. It might be timed exclusive but I think Microsoft will have paid EA handsomely for something, they need to provide some sort of console exclusive, otherwise the power users have no reason to pick up a Scorpio over their PC because of the Xbox Play Anywhere scheme.

EA do a lot of "advertising" contracts. So Sony are paying to be included in Battlefront II advertising. Could be a similar deal.

A bit underwhelming if thats the end of the conference, hopefully we see something from their other Star Wars games after this gameplay from Battlefront, but it's pretty weird pacing to have 20 mins of gameplay and then more reveals.

EA do a lot of "advertising" contracts. So Sony are paying to be included in Battlefront II advertising. Could be a similar deal.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm just looking for ways that Microsoft can get people to buy the Scorpio because at the moment the audience for it seems very limited.

Need for Speed looks alright, but you get the sense that it's been "done". Is there really an appetite out there for more open world racers? Look like they're going after the Fast and the Furious crowd with this.

I prefer track racers and want more of those.

I haven't been watching the conference as I'm at work so I haven't seen the footage of Need for Speed. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have been interest anyway but when I hear anything, particularly racing games, referred to as 'open world' I feel very put off :blank:

If the Wave Race and Pilotwings game were to be 'open world' around Wu-hu, though, where you could explore and participate in challenges and races, I think I'd be happy with that :smile:

Battlefront II and The Way Out look amazing, from visual, gameplay and technical standpoints.

Can't wait to see Anthem tomorrow (guess I'll be tuning into the Xbox livestream after all...), but I feel that it will be a team-up with Xbox when it comes to marketing in a similar way to how FIFA 18 and Battlefront II have been aligned with PS4.

Having Anthem be a timed exclusive for Scorpio (which I suppose would likely make it a launch title) would be terrible business for EA, but great news for Xbox. I suppose we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see just how much Xbox paid them to get whatever they have - be it timed exclusivity or marketing rights.

I haven't been watching the conference as I'm at work so I haven't seen the footage of Need for Speed. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have been interest anyway but when I hear anything, particularly racing games, referred to as 'open world' I feel very put off :blank:

If the Wave Race and Pilotwings game were to be 'open world' around Wu-hu, though, where you could explore and participate in challenges and races, I think I'd be happy with that :smile:

Dude, we haven't had Wave Race since 2002. Get with the times. :heh:

EA's conference was a bit self-indulgent in places. Lots of showmanship and all that, but not enough content to make it special.

Battlefront 2 and A Way Out look fantastic. :D

Not sure if anything there is coming out for Switch. Don't think I heard it mentioned once or saw a logo.

Not sure if anything there is coming out for Switch. Don't think I heard it mentioned once or saw a logo.

FIFA 18 is confirmed for Switch but that's the only EA game that's officially announced for the platform. EA were cautious about the Switch before it launched and FIFA was the only game they had committed to releasing but since the Switch has been released and has been more successful EA have said more positive things about it so they probably have some more titles in the works but FIFA is the only one that is far enough along to show.

Sony have an exclusivity deal with EA for FIFA in terms of marketing which is one reason they didn't show FIFA running on switch. Might see it at their booth though.

At this rate, I think EA won't focus on the Switch unless it becomes the second largest console platform, or at least makes up substantial ground (i.e. outpacing the Scorpio/Xbox One over the next 12 months), which is a stupidly difficult thing to achieve nearly 4 years into the current iteration of PS and Xbox consoles. We literally just heard them talk about special 4K Madden assets, and how they'll have more on Anthem tomorrow, specifically citing the Scorpio in both instances.

Can they seriously not just throw a bone at the Switch? EA Sports/DICE games don't really bother me too much, as graphical fidelity takes centre stage over game play in those games, but I want the option to play EA Originals on the Switch. Just the concept of on-the-couch two player games - I mean, imagine this thing being portable! - such as The Way Out - a game that if you told me was specifically made for the Switch, I would believe you - breathes the ethos of the Switch (fun; together; on the go?!).

Star Wars is utterly jizztastic, weirdly the phantom menace stuff excited me the most. Droids and maul!!

Also, I'm very very old and still kiddy excited about nintendos conference.

4iAjspyCSkd7JVb49uTzeR.jpg

A few days late on this update and I still haven't seen anyone else mention it, so I thought I would: Bethesda's panel has been delayed due to unspecified circumstances from 19:00 to 21:00 PT [from 03:00 to 05:00 BST] on the evening of Sunday 11th June PT [the morning of Monday 12th June BST].

EDIT

[TWEET]873729100426473472[/TWEET]

Edited by Julius Caesar

Dude, we haven't had Wave Race since 2002. Get with the times. :heh:

Dude.. YOU get with the times :heh:

There was a rumour of a new game combining both Wave Race and Pilotwings for Switch. I don't really believe it but I'd love it to be true :grin:

The Way Out looks absolutely fantastic, I can imagine it being very short like 2-3 hours but that's not a bad thing.

Battlefront II looked stunning, really interested in playing the campaign.

Anthem looked generic and samey. I'll be disappointed if it's just a team based shooter

The Need for Speed trailer sold me on it, definitely picking that up.

The Way Out looks absolutely fantastic, I can imagine it being very short like 2-3 hours but that's not a bad thing.

I think 2-2 1/2 hours would be the sweet spot for A Way Out. The variety of approaches there seem to be in the game mean it should have a high replayability value and at only a couple of hours would mean you could go through the game a few times with the same person.

[TWEET]857582795748757504[/TWEET]

For those unaware, Burton has previously voiced Cloud in projects such as Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, World of Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts, and I believe that it's likely that this tweet is in reference to VO work for Remake.

Now, I don't want to say "yes, Remake is 100% coming this year", because I'm not that confident, but in regards to the first episode being released this year, I believe it's still on the cards. It's the 20th Anniversary of the original, and the 30th Anniversary of the franchise. Whilst many involved have been quoted as saying that the game will not be releasing for years to come, and that the studio is changing hands for this particular project, I find it hard to believe that the game got far along enough to warrant bringing in voice actors with the game's release not on the cards for a few more years; but then again, this raises the question as to whether or not comments were made regarding studios involved and a release period were in reference to the first episode of the game or the final, complete form of the game. It's possible that SE wanted to take future episodes further than the first episode, hence bringing it in-house as reported, and I find it hard to believe that a game like this, after 2+ years of development, is going to have its first episode - probably a 20-hour slice of the full cake that is the game - canned and started over again.

It's possible that his VO presence was in reference to KH3, mind, but I just wanted to throw my two cents out there. There's no doubt we'll be getting something regarding FF this year - simply due to it being the 30th Anniversary - whether Remake is present or not. A collection, perhaps?

If the first part of the remake isn't appearing this year then they should give us Crisis Core HD. The game needs to be played by more people and the fact that it's a prequel to FFVII makes too much sense not to release it.

Need for speed looks dreadful. The voice acting is abysmal and what's the with all the cutscenes.

When I was already considering picking up an Xbox One S in a couple of weeks (been wanting to play Halo Wars 2 for ages what with being a big fan of the original and wanting to try a couple of other games so think it would compliment what I'm already playing on the PS4), a sequel to the first Ori game would be icing on the cake for making that purchase as the original is one of the games that I wish was multiplatform.

Interested to see what both Microsoft and Bethesda have to show tonight. I'm hoping the former isn't too focused on the Scorpio to forget the games. Hoping that the rumour of a fallout-esque title set in space from the latter with a short announcement to launch window is true, though I'm hoping they've spent some time improving their gameplay systems as Fallout 4 felt really dated.

Regardless, both of tonight's conferences should prove more fruitful than EA's show last night. I thought that was a pretty poor showing, sure their games look good but apart from A Way Out, there wasn't anything that piqued my interest (yeah, Battlefront 2 looks good but I'm skeptical about whether it has the legs for long term play without getting boring or becoming bogged down by issues like the sniper camping on Battlefield 1). Even with only saying they were showing 8 games, we only really saw 6 as one was add on content for Battlefield 1 and the other was a pretty poor teaser for a title that will probably be Scorpio's Destiny unveil (like how that title was used to announce the PS4) and even then, it was all a bit run of the mill.

That is my worry for the rest of the conferences but I'm more hopeful for tonight and for those tomorrow (at least we'll get a surprise from Ubisoft even if they've had some of their surprises leaked and I'm hoping that Michel Ancel's Wild resurfaces at Sony's conference).

Need for speed looks dreadful. The voice acting is abysmal and what's the with all the cutscenes.

I think it looks great. Exactly what I'm looking for from a Need for Speed game.

Looks like Bethesda's The Evil Within 2 may have just been confirmed in a Reddit advert;

Vnn7o77.jpg

Typical grain of salt applied; results may vary.

Edited by Julius Caesar

[TWEET]873920094346162176[/TWEET]

This thing could be DOA at that price. They better have some killer software on shown to justify it.

$499 US Dollars?

*flashbacks to E3 2006*

I know it's one hundred dollars less but it's a different monetary climate now.

$399 would be a better bet, then just knock $50 off the price of the existing Xbox One models to make the price-gap seem larger, just not as large as being around double the price of the other machines. ::shrug:

[TWEET]873920094346162176[/TWEET]

This thing could be DOA at that price. They better have some killer software on shown to justify it.

Would that be a straight dollars to pound conversion of £499?

The UK won't take to that. Not sure about the rest of Europe either. That's a lot of money for gaming hardware.