NEurope

Probably enjoyed that quote of his more than anything else I know about E3 2017 so far :p Don't know much about him tbh but his passion in that quote, and comments on E3 being opened to the public, kinda reminded me how great it is to be a gamer sometimes; even if I am incredibly lapsed compared to my younger days ;)

He's a great guy and very passionate about the industry. He was the one who set up the The Game Awards show that happens at the end of every year and even went as far as paying for it with his own money.

it's pretty much inarguable that Sony are smashing it, so it doesn't make sense for Ronnie to say that Sony need to learn something from Nintendo with regards to showing off games to draw in/sate customers.

As I said, it makes business sense for Sony to do what they're doing.

Clearly what they've been doing is working very well. Why would they want to adopt Nintendo's cack-handed ways?

cack-handed? :indeed:

Give me Nintendo's approach to revealing games ANY DAY over Sony's. Nintendo show me what I'll be playing in the next 6-9 months. Sony's conference last year, in amongst all the ports and remasters, showed games way too far off to get excited by, at least IMO.

Fallout 4 earned so much buzz and goodwill for the quick reveal > release window, I wish more games would do that.

As I said, it makes business sense for Sony to do what they're doing.

cack-handed? :indeed:

Give me Nintendo's approach to revealing games ANY DAY over Sony's. Nintendo show me what I'll be playing in the next 6-9 months. Sony's conference last year, in amongst all the ports and remasters, showed games way too far off to get excited by, at least IMO.

Fallout 4 earned so much buzz and goodwill for the quick reveal > release window, I wish more games would do that.

You only prefer Nintendo's way because you are impatient. Most people would prefer to know that they are going to get good money out of their consoles they buy. With Nintendo there always seem to be big gaps and you end up buying their systems a bit on faith, you never quite know if it's going to get good support or not.

Nintendo are also big offenders in terms of teasing games years ahead like Zelda, then screwing over customers by pushing out the release date in order to launch simultaneously on the next console. So yeah...cack-handed.

You keep going on about Fallout 4 but that really is not normal. I'd also debate that's not a great model - I like to know I'll have something to look forward to (like I did with Persona 5, and am doing with Dragon Quest). Seeing the occasional screenshot as things develop over the years has always helped build excitement and gear me up to the release.

Don't forget that if Sony have a game coming out that year, they will also be showing you that game which is coming in 6-9 months. The only difference in our points of view is that you don't want to be told or shown anything before those 6-9 months prior to release.

Edited by Sheikah

I'm not impatient, thanks, that's why when a game is delayed I'm pleased devs are seemingly taking their time with it; I just don't enjoy Sony's conferences full of cheap hype. As I've said many times there's a balance to be struck, that's all and Sony ain't hitting it, IMO.

Nintendo are also big offenders in terms of teasing games years ahead like Zelda, then screwing over customers by pushing out the release date in order to launch simultaneously on the next console.

You always speak as if what you say is fact. "No one cares about Switch" "PSVR will be huge" "PS4 Pro will fly off the shelves" "Pokemon Go won't sell more 3DSs". From all reports, Zelda only just made the March release date, so it most certainly wasn't pushed out to launch with a new console.

When they revealed BOTW, they assumed they could have it done for release the following year. You'll be hard pressed to find a big AAA game that hasn't been delayed. In Zelda's case they released it when it was ready, unlike other publishers who release games to meet deadlines and fiscal year ends, and end up ruining the game/franchise because of it, see Andromeda.

And you're right, sadly, given how well the announcement/release was received, the Fallout 4 situation is not normal.

My bad. The fact that Breath of the Wild was "ready" by exactly the same date that the Switch launched was in fact coincidence, and not indicative of the game being delayed to coincide with the console launch.

As for the rest of your accusatory post: a big fat ell-oh-ell. Tragic.

As for the rest of your accusatory post: a big fat ell-oh-ell. Tragic.

You're a very unpleasant person to talk to on here. So argumentative and confrontational. I think Sony have things they can learn from Nintendo, my opinion, no need for your tone.

I've already suggested a balance needs to be struck and suggesting that Sony didn't strike it last year doesn't deserve being called tragic.

You're a very unpleasant person to talk to on here. So argumentative and confrontational. I think Sony have things they can learn from Nintendo, my opinion, no need for your tone.

We were having a debate, which was reasonably cordial by past standards, then out of nowhere you bring up past discussions and grudges in order to attack the person rather than the argument.

You could simply have left your point at "No they didn't delay Zelda for Switch, it was released when it was ready". Instead what you said was that plus "here's a load of bollocks you said from past topics as a reason why nobody should listen to anything you have to say".

As long as you choose to conduct yourself like this you will continue to be public enemy number one.

He's a great guy and very passionate about the industry.

Wasn't he the one who called out Konami for treating Kojima horribly?

More pleasantries. Speaking as if what you say is fact, again. The very reason I brought up your posting history. (Which, by the way is something you do yourself CONSTANTLY)

Can we just drop this now? Clearly you disagree on what does and doesn't work and a lot of that comes from personal preferences. Issues can be found with either showing primarily near-release games and with showing games years off. There's no rule book and there's no requirement to do one or the other.

Sony seems to be doing well with their strategy and as @130131301364 said it seems to have worked well with the Switch console and hopefully will do so with games going forward.

Now get along or I'll make you both cover E3 :heh:

Wasn't he the one who called out Konami for treating Kojima horribly?

Yeah, he said how Konami were stopping Kojima from coming and accepting his award. It was live and everything. Legend.

Yeah, he said how Konami were stopping Kojima from coming and accepting his award. It was live and everything. Legend.

Just looked up the footage and remembered. What a great moment. And Keighley's speech about Kojima a year later was awesome, as well.

A true bromance :D

[tweet]864601666221420545[/tweet]

Cool (unless it's a weird joke). Does that mean no indie sizzle reel during Sony's conference?

Seemingly flew right under the radar: Ubisoft's presentation has been confirmed, via their Twitter, to be at 13:00 PDT (21:00 BST) on Monday 12th June.

[TWEET]864511092369838082[/TWEET]

Works out by complete luck, that i have the 9th to the 15th June off to look after the family dog. Just so happens E3 is right over that period, so first time in quite a long time i'm off for E3.

Works out by complete luck, that i have the 9th to the 15th June off to look after the family dog. Just so happens E3 is right over that period, so first time in quite a long time i'm off for E3.

I read that as you were 'off to E3' and wondered if you were taking the dog to California.

Wow, that "299" moment. :laughing: That was way before video gaming became my biggest hobby so I never knew this happened.

And that 2006 conference...magnificent. 10/10.

It's pretty cool to see how much Sony has learned from that huge mistake. No matter how cheesy that Kevin Butler campaign was :D

The initial XB1 reveal was incredible for Sony and the PS4 :laughing: But even without it they did almost everything right with the console. And as the bloke in the video said: "Sony didn't stop". Indeed, they keep going.

Really looking forward to E3. Not expecting much new from Sony, but that's actually not a big deal because the PS4 has so much in store that it doesn't even need big new reveals.

Can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store. The Switch seems awesome but needs a little more games to be interesting for me, but I'm very hopeful Nintendo finally learned their lesson. :)

Microsoft has become irrelevant to me. ::shrug: I do not care one bit about their conference.

Wow, that "299" moment. :laughing: That was way before video gaming became my biggest hobby so I never knew this happened.

Really looking forward to E3. Not expecting much new from Sony, but that's actually not a big deal because the PS4 has so much in store that it doesn't even need big new reveals.

Can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store. The Switch seems awesome but needs a little more games to be interesting for me, but I'm very hopeful Nintendo finally learned their lesson. :)

Microsoft has become irrelevant to me. ::shrug: I do not care one bit about their conference.

Yeah, the $299 moment is glorious. Just walking off the stage after saying it was hilarious. They should have included when Jackie T threw the mic after an interview with Geoff Keighley.

2449519-0135837212-ibgyl.gif

Loved that moment. :D

I'm actually quite interested in what Microsoft are going to show. I'm probably more interested in their showing than any of the others simply because they have a lot on the line and really need to up their game and show why the Scorpio is worth a purchase.

Their are a few rumours doing the rounds that Sony may show off some new hardware but I just can't see this happening. They just launched the PSVR, Pro and Slim last year, so I doubt anything else could be on the cards.

I'm actually quite interested in what Microsoft are going to show. I'm probably more interested in their showing than any of the others simply because they have a lot on the line and really need to up their game and show why the Scorpio is worth a purchase.

Oh yeah, forgot about the Scorpio. I'm mildy interested to see how Microsoft is going to promote it. I'm not interested in the console itself, both because of how irrelevant the XBox brand has become to me and because of not having enough money :D

Their are a few rumours doing the rounds that Sony may show off some new hardware but I just can't see this happening. They just launched the PSVR, Pro and Slim last year, so I doubt anything else could be on the cards.

No way. I read some time ago that the dude who predicted the PS4 and Slim said we'd see a PS5 announcement during this year's E3.

There's no reason for Sony to do that. The PS4 is doing gangbusters and will most likely keep on selling like this for at least one more year. Pretty sure they are waiting for the Scorpion to arrive and assess how they can compete with that.

A PSVita 2, though. COME ON SONY.

Oh man...E3 2013 is always amazing to watch the highlights of. I'll never know what was going through the minds of the Microsoft execs but it essentially sealed their fate four years ago.

This is why live presentations are king. So much rides on them.

I really couldn't careless about Microsoft. I imagine Sony will have a good E3 and I will be interested to see if there are any surprises now that we are way into the PS4's life.

I am excited but also at the same time prepared to feel disappointed about what Nintendo may show.

I really couldn't careless about Microsoft. I imagine Sony will have a good E3 and I will be interested to see if there are any surprises now that we are way into the PS4's life.

I am excited but also at the same time prepared to feel disappointed about what Nintendo may show.

You not interested at all in the Scorpio reveal and seeing whats it's capable of?

I love console reveals.

Regarding E3, hyped for what Sony & Microsoft bring to the show, not fussed about Nintendo.

You not interested at all in the Scorpio reveal and seeing whats it's capable of?

I love console reveals.

Regarding E3, hyped for what Sony & Microsoft bring to the show, not fussed about Nintendo.

Nah not particularly, it could be the best thing ever but due to time constraints i'll never buy one.

I may watch the Microsoft conference out of curiosity but, like @Blade, XBOX is of little to no interest to me.

I can't even imagine what they could show of Scorpio that would make me change my mind.. ::shrug: